I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy. Then I say it's in a jar on my desk. - Stephen King
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Self-centered or introspective? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't worry Wyote, I'm like that too. I don't reveal most of my deep thoughts to others because it's something they're not interested in. Occasionally, I may point out something no one ever notices, but I usually don't get a response that says, "I'm interested in your thoughts."

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
only two people have actually said that sentence to me (almost word for word) and they are my mother and the woman i plan to marry

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't see introspection of ones values vs other aspects is being self-centered. I have noted the changes in my values recently. In pondering these changes I am amazed at what a complete turn in values which have formed.
Such actions seem to be more of centering self (beliefs, values) than being self-centered?
Wyote, a major percentage of those regulars do link to see your comments in forums.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • F •
So are introspective people more focused on their values and beliefs that they don't focus on people?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow do i ever relate to your posts. I have nothing to do except study, eat, and surf the web. It's not that im not interested in others...its that I don't know how to talk to normal people my age. Normal by acting in the norm, not really caring about anything. I can't hold conversation with them and thus i appear birng, where really my mind is thinking of concepts higher than what i think i could speak to them about. I can talk to any adult for hours, and pray to one day find some people my age to actually hold good and meaningful discussions with.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I can talk to any adult for hours, and pray to one day find some people my age to actually hold good and meaningful discussions with."

Don't stress, go with what works, you'll bump into some, untill then enjoy the adults, I was the same, was, still am sorta, its just now i'm not allowed to be the kid while thinking like the kid/adult, now I'm supposed to be the adult too and drop the kid part of the menatality, but thats the part I don't agree with, well, and or can't seem to do.

But here is a thought, I don't know if you are a person who mopes in shame and guilt and fear in your conquest for intelligent conversation, or if you are the eternal optimist who can get along but is in desperate need of topics not relating to sports or bras sometimes if not usually, then either way I'll make 2 suggestions.

1. If you are the bright hopeful optimist, then seek you friends at the library or coffee shop, go to places during daylight hours and those hours after work or school and before supper.

2. If you are of the night breed, then find a library, or a coffee shop, but keep away from excessive daylight socializing, but don't omit it, anywhere from after supper till you pass out.

3. The unexpected gray area, go with the flow.

But often a key is also to get someone alone, they aren't as likely to wear their sheeple caps instead of their thinking caps.

Oh, and don't underestimate anyones intelligence, they may or may not have all the same information or nifty facts or may seem more interested in cars and girls, but they aren't stupid, not all the time anyway.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
One of my problems is that I don't know how to get into a discussion. Up till date, every time I tried, the other person just says something that shows that he or she doesn't really care about the subject as much as I do, ao I stop there.

I've tried the library idea, Leftwood. Haven't found someone my age yet. I'll try some other library. But what do I do? Go up to them and say "What are you reading?"?

46yrs • M
Self-centered or introspective? Whatever it is its keeping you from looking at what might actually make you happier, a way out of an oppressive and uncompassionate society that is enslaving and killing you.

People wouldn't run away inside themselves if they had somewhere else to go to escape what they naturally fear.

Life doesn't have to suck.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
The strange thing is, I have at least three very dependable young adults who I can turn to, and loving parents, who may not understand me, but love me all the same. But I still keep to myself.

I'm convinced that this introversion has its roots in both nature and nurture. My mother was also very shy as a child, and still is. And as a child, I couldn't believe that there were others like me. Everyone seemed so outgoing. No one ever talked about the things I thought about, so I assumed you weren't supposed to share your thoughts.

Again, I am very very grateful to have found this site.

46yrs • M
I'm sorry, I made a post without reading, fyi, I wasn't directing my last post to anyone in particular, just everyone.

"The strange thing is, I have at least three very dependable young adults who I can turn to"

You're not gonna find many more than that (for close friends and like minds, and you are actually lucky compared to many), that's what I always had.

The way to find people is through common interests, the library was a generalized idea but caters to differing people under different circumstances.

What do you like to do?

Quite frankly work, school, extra-carricular activities are the best ways to meet people, just gear your self towards finding those with common interests, thats how you strike conversations, honest curiosity.

Social environments in areas of personal interest.

36yrs • F •
Well, I have met three people whom I think are deep thinkers, but it's taking time drawing the deep thinker out of them. But it's working. On my way back from gym class, I asked one of those three people what tshe thinks about when she looks at trees because they appeared as sagacious to me. We almost got into a discussion. I haven't given up just yet!

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Well, I have met three people whom I think are deep thinkers, but it's taking time drawing the deep thinker out of them.
Most people have the capacity to form deeper perceptions but they to share this value in forming their relationship (groub forum) in their discussions?
quote:
No one ever talked about the things I thought about, so I assumed you weren't supposed to share your thoughts.

A balance between introvert (self awareness) of your values & extrovert (acknowledge) of others values?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • F •
quote:
A balance between introvert (self awareness) of your values & extrovert (acknowledge) of others values?
Can you explain this, Cturtle? I think I know what you're saying, but I want to be sure.

Self-centered or introspective? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy