Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jesus for President? - Page 3

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, awakingmyst agreement tends not to provoke responce so that may be a good sign? Misunderstanding or disagreement with statements lead to further comments.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
What's funny is, if Jesus weren't known he would never stand a chance in being elected, and the funniest part is why, because the conservative christian right would deem him far too liberal.

There is the most frightening probable fact, in terms of the manipulative denial these people live in, and what it implies to their true intentions or at least results of following their beliefs as they do, preach peace but embrace war.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
nice point leftwood
quote:
preach peace but embrace war.

46yrs • M
Nothing nice about it from where I'm standing, painful and terrifying might better describe it.

72yrs • M •
Yes, but it does quite simply & directly come to the point, poor Einstein, in fear he worked for the nazi german war programme. Only to fall into the hands of those who made the bomb into a reality, that they should rule the world.
Would not the world be a better place had he never brought forth his theories but gone to the grave, sealing his lips forever?

46yrs • M
Na, the power of destruction or complete domination under the rule of man is inevitable. Even then they will seek more power.

72yrs • M •
Seeking power but all they leave is destrust and destruction in their wake.
Is it not the desolation they truely seek?
The price we pay for their greed.

46yrs • M
Do you think President Jesus would want to Veto the Apocolypse?

72yrs • M •
Well, didn't He postpone it the last time?
What is it they say, Time and time again?
And still they think they may murder their way into heaven?

53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that McTex is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why does the Left assume Jesus would be opposed to the war? If Jesus is God, the same God that ordered Moses to war not to mention all of the other Patriarchs, is it not possible that Jesus would may even approve of Bush's decision? Especially since the nation attacked is so vehemently anti-Jewish.

Lastly, Bush did not start the war with Iraq but simply resumed it. Its amazing how often the Left ignores this fact. The war was started in 1991 and was under a ceasefire agreement until its resumption. The violator of the ceasefire was not the United States but Saddam and thus, ultimately, the burden and responsibility for the war lies on the shoulders of the man that chose to sign the ceasefire agreement and then chose to violate it.

"Thinking themselves wise they became fools..."
 46yrs • M
Well, honestly I personally don't assume anything with Jesus or the bible, especially not straight from the self conflicting bibles own words. Because then you could go either way and down the middle. A god of war, hate, and vengeance, a god of peace, love, and happiness, or a god of balance that makes all sides equally valuable and worthless.

And if by chance you are calling me left(wing), I'll let you know that you are the one making assumptions.

My words came from what I would want Jesus to be, and what I would believe in. I would hope that neither god nor Jesus would be ok with war. But that is apparently a hope and desire not shared by many religious people, which will never cease to amaze me.

Your history on Saddam is just as lacking as whoever these lefts are that you are trying to invalidate. The dates of the war(s) are irrelevant. The history of this situation far exceeds 1991 and is damning to far more people than just Saddam Hussein.

I see you are in Phoenix, are you from there originally?

53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that McTex is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its easy to say something and much harder to prove it. You can say that the Bible is self contradictory but proving that will be a far harder task.

As for calling you leftwing, I made no such accusation for I am not familiar enough with your writings. My comments were all in response to the arguments that are so common amongst the Left and found so much in their writings. BTW, are you a lefty?

Also, I am extremely grateful that Jesus is not the embodiment of what his creation would want him to be. As for me, I would hope God would be rational enough to know there is a time and place for war and that war can serve a noble goal. I would hope God thought war necessary against Hitler, you don't? As a history and political science major I am quite sure my knowledge regarding the Iraq war is quite accurate.

Actually I just moved to Glendale from Phoenix but I am not a native to AZ. I was born & raised in Dallas and then lived many years in Columbus, Ohio.

"Thinking themselves wise they became fools..."
 46yrs • M
Well unless you are keeping tabs on the nefarious activities of the CIA then all your learnings will simply be for not. Its a sad fact but deception has been the name of the game since the end of WWII. Surely you've heard that history is written by the victor and that anyone will believe a lie once it is told enough or is said by someone important enough.

I don't mean to belittle your hard work, but if it is narrowing your mind to the extent that you aren't concerned with corruption within the US, then your education won't matter.

God, in my opinion, is not on the same level as humans or Hitler. And I respect no god who advocates or endorses war, god has the power to avoid such pointless suffering.

People who are ok with war are often people who have lived peaceful lives, then there is the other extreme of vets and the abused, but it is more reactionary and they will tend to say that they hate war.

Hitler could have been stopped far more easily if he wasn't backed by the banks and corporations that make up the now infamous military industrial complex, that Prescott Bush, George Herbert Walker, Harrimans, and Thyssens were among those so kind to build his war machine.

You see, I look at the real problem, Hitler is but a man, it is those who back him that allow such tragedy.

You talk of war to stop Hitler, a war to stop what? The holocaust, WWII like most wars was a holocaust unto itself. I don't prescribe to the notions of a lesser of two evils mentality, that is the shell game for the ignorant and oppressed. There are better options, like non evil options, but people who stand to gain financially would never propose them.

As for the bibles contradictions, please, where did god come from, what knowledge did adam and eve posess before eating from the tree of knowledge, why would a god of love create war, how is the most powerful being at war with his own creation, lucifer, who was an angel supposedly with no soul (and no emotion) who got jealous or whatever and suddenly is as powerful as god? This line of questioning does not end untill the book itself does.

This one sums it all up, Thou shalt not kill, then as you said, god told people to kill, that is called an epitamy of a contradiction.

Don't let your educational title blind you from your need to further educate yourself. Its no secret that America has a severe and dark past, and for those who bother to realize the reality of human nature we keep these things in mind, and don't swallow every bit of tripe some politician, especially a president (a known posistion of lies and abuse of power) should spew.

It's a fact that every year more and more information becomes declassified further proving and damning the activities of our foreign policies and inner workings. Its also just as much an assurance that such activity has not ceased but grown.

WIth growing secrecy we will probably never get the chance to know the full horrors of what goes on in our names.

So, as a history and political science major what words of wisdom do you have on political corruption, especially within the US? Especially between central banks, big corporations, and the enterchangability between the heads of those and the heads of government.

Why do you think the world grows in hatred and fear of America every day? Because of what Bush would say? Because they hate freedom? All of course being said while Bush pushes multiple Patriot Acts and Victory Acts further destroying the very foundation of our freedoms, leaving only a final act or perhaps a word to take them away.

Preach the good word and wave the pretty flag, but don't dare look behind the curtain.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 72yrs • M •
The cold war is nothing more than undeclared war for domination of the world & it's justifications were built on fear that raged in the mind of the people after industrialized nations staged 2 World wars seeking world domination.

Jesus for President? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy