We end up taking a one-way flight to a deserted island we've created for ourselves and in our minds. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Morons, Morons, Morons...

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My and my friend Keith are in a Halo clan called Dark-Oni. We are pretty much the only people in it with any intelligience, and therefore on our message boards we have negative karma. Here just read a convo we had on there one time, it's pretty easy to dinstiguish who Ziddy the smart one is and the other one who pretty much represents the thought level of everyone else...

Keith-I'm very serious here. I would like a definite answer. Every other member on the forums, as far as I can tell, other than the new people, has karma of at least 1 or 2, and generally 4 or 5.

I would like an actual reason for why we have been karma-'d so many times, and would also like to know who exactly is in control of the karma system.

Just looking for answers here, no flames please.

Idiot-this isnt a flame....we just dont like you, that is why. you always bring a fight into other people's topics when they never wanted one in it.

Keith-"We just don't like you?" Hey, look in the topic Asuka made about the "story." Sinz clearly incited an argument there, but does he get negative karma for it? No, because the bias on this site is in his favor.

Well, it's based entirely on whether someone "likes" me? That's complete BS. It's really just an abuse of power, and a clear showing of bias.

What's the point of the karma, anyway, if it's just based on who RJ decides he likes and dislikes? I'm instantly given negative karma, just because I don't agree with everyone, and try to bring up different points of view?

This is total BS. Either you agree totally with RJ, and have high karma, or you disagree with him from time to time, and get negative karma.

Seriously, RJ, I'd actually think ONI was a slightly serious organization if it didn't pull crap like this on anyone who doesn't just go along with whatever the leader says, regardless of whether it's really right or not. It's like in Iraq, where you would get beheaded if you disagreed with Saddam.

Honestly, I'd like to know what the purpose of these forums is, if any expression of opinion is highly discouraged. You should realize that people are not just objects that you manipulate into agreeing with you - they're GODAMN PEOPLE THEMSELVES!

Idiot-Ziddy, ya know i dont know big words, so why use them and make me look like an idiot? just cuz you can?

Keith-It's how I think, really. I'm not so much trying to make anyone look stupid as make myself and my arguments as presentable as possible, while (not to be arrogant, but you asked...) showing my level of intelligence.

Really, when I use a "big word" it's usually because I find it a less-awkward synonym for a simpler word...

And Zero, you're scaring me, lol.

Finally, RJ, you can't really talk about the TOS, because you censor bypass all the time.

Idiot-sooo now you are saying just cuz i dont use big words, i am stupid? i am prolly one of the smartest people at the site (i will not say the smartest cuz people are smarter than me in some parts) and just cuz i dont use big words, you are calling me stupid? i dont like to show my intelligence cuz it makes me think. I have ADD so i dont listen well, so i dont like to think about things much, SO LEAVE ME ALONE, you arent at -1 anymore you are at 0, thts all im doin for you.

Keith-I'm seriously not trying to make anyone look dumb. I'm only choosing to reflect my level of intelligence, as many people choose to reflect their level of wealth through the clothes they wear and accessories they own. I'm seriously not trying to make anyone look dumb; I'm just being myself...

Idiot-ziddy its past fuckin 1 in the morning i just woke up about 1 hour ago, and i do alot of shit in photoshop, do you expect me to proofread my convo to some guy who is tryin to proove to me that he is smart? you shouldnt.

Keith-I never claimed my level of intelligence to be higher than anyone else's. It's you and Vinx that are trying to pin that on me, but I'm sorry - I never said such a thing.

BTW - your post is a blatant flame against me. I really don't care about the insult itself, but rather your lack of respect for the TOS, as flaming is CLEARLY outlined in it. Why isn't your karma negative? I've seen two blatant shows of disrepect for the TOS from you today. But then, since the bias on the site is in your favor, you still have high karma.

Not complaining - just pointing out the truth.

And Vinx? Don't complain that I argue against you if you incite an argument for no reason other than to flame me. Hell, that right there is a perfect example of a TOS violation - you knew the post did not contribute to the conversation, and that it would do nothing but provoke a rebuttal from me, so why did you post it?

I'm not trying to prove that I'm smart - just that there's no real reason for the childish bias against me. And really, why don't you just drop the argument you started, and us just forget about it? It's obviously not helped anyone, as I pointed out above, so really, just drop it. If you want to keep telling yourself you're not as smart as me, go ahead. I can't stop you.

Idiot-bah, im locking this damn topic.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hell fuck damn shit right I am lol

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, if a person himself says he's intelligent, then he must be pretty stuipid.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"big words?" what is that even in reference to? "manipulate"

people amuse me.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Although I do I do have a *big*, *long* thing , a long word isn't one of them!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy