Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Thinker - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Picking up a cup of coffee?

Who is to blame? Is it the nerdy Mr. Genes in the laboratory? Is it the white-bearded Mr. Destiny who lives in the clouds? Or is it Entity, the parasite that attaches to our minds and says "Do!"

Sorry, my entity was destined to turn on my sarcasm gene.

Lol, I did it again.

What is destiny in the first place? I'm getting the impression that you all think Destiny is a set of commands that we, the mindless computer who know nothing but 0 and 1, perform. Sure, this sounds like a great idea, if you don't consider will.

Maybe our destiny is a 100% accurate predictor of our actions resulting from our will. Maybe our Destiny knows what action we'll make. Maybe that's what destiny is.

Our brain is a mass of tissue that looks ugly once we actually see it. I don't think it controls us. If I'm being controlled by something, it might as well be pretty.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
What is destiny in the first place? I'm getting the impression that you all think Destiny is a set of commands if you don't consider will.
Yes I too wonder what is being defined? I use the term 'intent' instead of 'will',
the intent to pick up the cup of coffee but as I am watching (looking) at something else, I spill the coffee. Being hot I react by jumping up, a subconscious (unconcious) reaction.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes, after hours of thinking and questioning such complex and abstract issues, I wonder if it would be better had I never questioned.

Then the battle begins. My dearest companion in life, Optimism arises in white and wings singing the fruits of my thougts while Pessimism sneaks up behind Optimism and gives him a kick in the butt. Optimism falls. Pessimism laugh a classic evil laugh. Optimism tries to make the best out of this situation and attempts to befriend Pessimism. Pessimism is insulted by the very thought and breathes flames, thus burning Optimism's wings and white clothes. Optimism is now really ticked off, saying "I tried to befriend you, Pessimism, but not, you wouldn't be my friend. I was going to walk away until you burned my whites. Do you know how much I paid for those? Come here you!" Then Optimism fights with Pessimism in the dust.

I just walk away ....to get my digital camera.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually, I jus found out that this question is actually the basis of all meditation. An I dun think we can come to an answer to it by rationalizing, only by relating experianes.
U know, the phrase often used in zen 'watching the thinker', intently asking 'who is the person who seeetc', well, if that is realized, then u will achieve enlightnment.
Yesterday while mediatating on who tells the body to raise the finger, to move the neck, I suddenly experianced a 'void', like the entire universe, where the instructions cam frm,...

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
The Thinker - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy