Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

It's a great day in America! - Page 2

User Thread
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Steve From Texas, you seem like an intelligent mature man. Why resort to name calling and putting words in people's mouth?

quote:
Looks like the American people have spoken HuH?

I'm not 100% sure it was the American people. The link and quote below question the results.

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/11/con04482.html

quote:
It's a cozy relationship considering that ES&S voting machines count 50% of all the votes in the country. The second largest company, Diebold, is also tied to the Republican Party and promised (in a comment by Wally Diebold that got widespread attention on the internet) to "deliver the vote" in Ohio to President Bush.

Personally, I have a little problem with the FACT that the voting machines that account for 50% of the American votes, were Republican owned. If the Republican party is so sure that they won 'fair and square' then there should be no dilemma in perfoming an audit.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me guess lady,

Bush stole the election again right?

Oh please, you're scaping the bottom of the barrel a little hard don't you think.

Steve From Texas-too nice to be inside HuH?

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 62yrs • F •
No no no. He won the election in 2000. No doubt about that. The american people didn't vote him in, but that's besides the point.

I would think as an American citizen, you would want to inspect any possible fraud to ensure proper voting for the present and future. We're not voting for the USA Homecoming King here, Steve.

47yrs • M •
Mr Kill Bill is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Steve is a nutcase.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"The people spoke indeed, as much as the entire country hates Bush, "

and then you come right back and say:

"I never said all people hate bush"

I see how you could be confused by this, but it does not state that all our country hates Bush, the entire country is the entire country sure, but "as much" indicates the given number of particulare people who do, which I obviously don't know, but by the elections its probably at the very least a healthy half of the country, and I'm also referring to how many more people would MOST LIKELY have voted against Bush if they either had a better opponent to vote for, or had Kerry lied to them better as Bush somehow managed.

Steve, I'm glad your work history has turned out well for you, but I don't think you need to go spouting off holier than thou shit about how the rest of the world if not making it as well as you is just lazy. Boy, the handicapped (mentaly and physically), the elderly, the children, and anyone else in need must be nothing more than throw rug to you, a blemish on society. Its pretty assinine to say that anybody can make it big or very well off, not everyone can have a big booming business then things get really fucked. Not everyone can or wants to be a head of a big business, its simply not feasible. Some people would like to live a simpler life with their families, but a capatalistic work till you die doesn't promote that, focus on the family my ass. A person in my income bracket, while trying to go to school, raise new twins and battle wife, can't afford day care (up to 1,000.00 a month), insurance, or food for the most part.

I bet you were a great dad too right? Sounds like your shit don't stink buddy. I take issue with anyone who thinks their shit don't stink.

Your agreeing to disagree about Iraq is hopeful, and thats nice, but you may very well be wrong about it. Sure oppressed people want oppressors gone, but that's not even the issue. The issue is the American agenda. As much as freeing the people of the world of oppression is great and wonderful, Iraq is not the source of these problems, we have reasons for going there. And its not to finish the first Gulf war either, we had reasons for going in then too, the same reasons. Now I hope Bush truly believes he's helping people rather than just blatantly starting wars to secure american oil needs. But its assinine to assume so, and too much evidence supports the not so noble theory.

You want my sources, talk to the CIA.

And by fanatic, I mainly refer to fundamentalist, but anyone siding with Bush primarily for religious "morals". Talk about a smoke screen of bullshit.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Never try to reason with "heartland Americans".

Steve - My point was that not all liberals are lazy, and that you don't have to be lazy to be strong enough not to give in to those who try exploit you.

Whenever I post, an insecure, middle-aged shit shoveler relies on the old age standby to discredit my words.

"Keep that hard working trait, that's a good one and you'll do fine. Hell, I shoveled shit for $1.50 hour once in high school. I worked on an arabian horse farm and loved the job. I learned about showing horses and much more but shoveling shit was part of the job."

So...you worked through shit and enjoyed it? Now I understand heartland America. They simply enjoy abuse. Simply because you were paid ass to shovel feces doesn't mean everything else is right OK in this country. You still didn't answer a few of my questions, Steve.

Now...let me try my exit Texan style...

Danipog - grab my gun and light the cross...HuH?
I dunno, I don't quite have Steve's flair.

62yrs • F •
quote:
Now then as far as the Iraq war I don't share your feelings that the only reason we're over there is for the (God Almighty dollar) sake of maintaining a lifestyle of riches & rewards of capitalism.

Steve, can you please tell me why YOU think we're over there then?

39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that retro_goddess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A Public Service Announcement From "The Man":

My fellow Americans, you are free to do as wee tell you!

"Don't sweat the little things! It's the little things in life that count!"
 66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sure thing Lady,

I believe that Bush received incorrect information from his advisors, plain and simple. He was told that Saddam had evidence of WMD so as president, he reacted to what his advisors told him.

I believe he thought we were going to find those WMD's, if you disagree then that's your right.

Personally, I have no doubt Saddam had something along those lines in the works. Hell, he's been using gas against his own people for years. It would be only a matter of time before Iraq became a cesspool for terrorists funded by Saddam and his two sadistic sons for attacks on America. Just look at his track record.

Anyway, there you have. My own and personal opinion.

Steve From Texas - having to work for a friend doing military duty this weekend.

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 46yrs • M
Steve, the biggest problem with that statement is the fact of other threats and their acknowledged wmd's. Just as much terrorist harboring or more. Just as bad a history or worse. We wouldn't even step foot in pakistan to get osama, but we would invade Iraq?

Steve, and the rest of you, what are your thoughts on use working with terrorists in these wars? Hiring, afghan "warlords", of fighting with both Sadam and Osama in the past?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Saddam, in reality, was the only check in the entire Mid-East region that had nothing to lose fucking with Israel's mind. That's the pure truth, and no one is going to say it but me. That's why the US went after IRAQ instead of some Latin American country that probably has does more damage and harbors more terrorists than Iraq and Iran combined.

Nuff said.
And if someone is going to be a bitch and attack me about it, that's why I don't argue politics anymore. Once you come to realize the truths behind things, you just keep quiet and you just observe. And become bitter. And perhaps, instead of being a cynic for life, you become a leader and change things. But screw that optimistic shit.

KI'mdonethnxbye.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 38yrs • F •
Leftwood - that's because if you screw with Pakistan, you're going to cause World War Three starting with the Indian Sub-Continent. Pakistan's been sending nukes to Kim Jong Il II for like years.

Plus, Bush and hs divine powers know that if he did that, I would personally come and beat the shit out of him, because no one, no one messes with my backwards-assed, third world country. And Punjabi girls are psychos.

46yrs • M
That just adds to making my point. Making the reason for invading Iraq more likely to be Bushit.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" He was told that Saddam had evidence of WMD so as president, he reacted to what his advisors told him."
If he's too incompitent to look it up then he should not be president.

The president of the most powerful nation on Earth should not be a puppet of a corrupt sunabitch like Cheney.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • F •
BUSHIT!

Oh my God, did I completely miss that?
I LOVE it.
It sounds like a stereotypical East Asian like saying Bullshit really really fast though. "That's...BUSHIT!"

hahaha.

It's a great day in America! - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy