Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's your worst injury or accident?

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is something I can say I've been rather fortunate on, a few cuts, a well fractured hand bone from someones thick head ( twice), and a bicycle accident where I went off into a drainage ditch, smacked my face into a steel post, not a round nice one either, drug my face down a dirt hill and across a metal flume or water pipe that was all jagged and cut me up. I lost a tooth, chipped another, alost broke both my forearms tore off most of my top layer of skin on half my face, my face turned into a giant scab that I put this ointment on, and then later take a paper towel and wipe the entire scab off, mmmm, tastey, looked like pizza.

Those are pretty mild and I'm thankful, one girl told me of a skiing accident where the ski (still attached to her foot) got lodged in her knee, stuck there, through her ski clothes and everything. Nasty.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my first major injury i dont remember at all, but i was about two years old and i guess i was messing with a dog who didnt exactly take kindly to my playfulness. basically i pulled on its tale and it proceeded to bite my cheeck off, yes i said off... well it was barely hanging on my face and they were able to reattach it... all i have now is a dimple when i smile real hard.

at the age of six i wiped out on the pavement like a little retard and skinned my thumb knuckle down to the bone.

age 16, my friend decided it would be cool to push me over a speed bump (meant for cars) in my wheelchair, while running as fast as he possibly could. well, we hit the bump together and i flipped backwards knocking him on his ass and we both skid a good five or ten feet, resulting in the most blood i had ever shed in an injury.

age 19, i tried to get out of a truck and in to my wheelchair by more or less jumping... i missed my target and ended up fracturing my leg.... since i cant feel my legs i had no idea! a few days later a pulminary embolism developed and i spent over a week in the hospital on blood thinners.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Domz0r is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Once i managed to break Two of my fingers

(5 breaks and 7 fractures between the two of them) couldnt move them for 2 months, and when its cold they go reallly stiff

Thats my worst injury.

"I am Domz0r....roar!!!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Um.. I chipped my tooth running down the stairs when I was 8 or something.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was in the barn with my dad and he was up in the mow (for those non rurals out there that's the upstairs where generally hay is stored and the door on ours was just a hole in the floor with a ladder going up).

My dad yelled down to me to stay clear of the opening because he was going to throw a couple bales down... I didn't hear what he said so walked over to the hole, looked up and yelled "What?" You can probably guess what happened next. I fell backwards and hit my head on a wagon tongue, 4 stitches. I was probably 6 or 7 at the time.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had break my hands seven times the last one was in a 3-meter fall from a tree

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was in an abusive relationship. He kidnapped me, beat me so bad and left me for dead. I had my Zygomatic arch (bone under the eye), shoved up into my brain. I have a metal plate in there now. You could never tell by looking at me, I had a SPECTACULAR plastic surgen. He went in through my skull, so I have a huge scar in my hair....but at least it isn't on my face.

I also have NUMEROUS motercycle battle wounds.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that retro_goddess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when I was 4 I flew off the swing and broke my arm, when I was 12 I busted my head on concrete, two weeks after I got my staples out, I broke my collar bone playing "two hand tag" football, and a week after I got my brace off, I got a black eye from a deck of cards.

"Don't sweat the little things! It's the little things in life that count!"
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh my. I hope the man that did this to you is behind bars? I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, but I'm thankful you're able to post here.

Once when I was a freshman in high school, I was on top of a four-girl mound (cheerleading). I fell and landed on my tailbone, chipping it.

38yrs • M •
noremorse is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
yeah well in the two week period that i owned my dirtbike............ i fell a couple times resulting in i broken knee cap a torn minuscus broken right foor and broken rotator cup(shoulder) throwen disc(back) 2 concussions and a real bad scar covered my whole belly and shest

"~phuck it~!!!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh, I forgot to tell everybody, BE FREAKIN CAREFUL MAN!!!

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy