There's something about death that is comforting, the thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now - beeyutch19
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Osama Speaks

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Osama Speaks
The thing that scares me the most is that now people who question our government's proven and speculated devious foreign policies will be seen as siding with terrorists more than before, that people may rally to Bush for ignorant reasons, like because Osama doesn't like Bush.

And the problem with that is if any of the things are true of OUR wrongdoings we are only going to make things worse still. We do kill women and children, we do bomb innocent people too, and lots of them. Unlike so many, I have always had a problem with this, the current reports of civilian casualties in Iraq right now run from as low as ten thousand to as high as a hundred thousand. Our troop deaths are over a thousand, I wonder if it will catch up to 9/11.

Now, here is and interesting point that got reconfirmed for me,

Last week, former Navy Secretary and 9-11 commissioner John Lehman said the U.S. knows where bin Laden is hiding but can't reach him </news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41059> because he is in a region of Pakistan controlled by Islamic extremists opposed to President Pervez Musharraf.
Lehman said the terrorist leader is in South Waziristan in the Baluchistan Mountains of Pakistan's Baluchistan region.

"There is an American presence in the area, but we can't just send in troops," Lehman told the San Bernardino Sun. "If we did, we could have another Vietnam, and the United States cannot afford that right now."

Its important because this was the intell given from before the Iraq invasion as well, as far as I can recall, I've remembered Osama being in Pakistan, and here you see them saying we CAN'T go after him, because we would have to invade, well were did the invading Iraq come from, didn't seem to see much problem there, if you are Bush and company, I saw problem with it, learned even more problems with it and low and behold the problems that are most wrong with it are being voiced by Osama of all people. Does this indicate "dropping the ball" or continuing a never ending army led global war on terrorism, of which there would never be an end, especially if any of the terrorists reasons for fighting us are actually legtitamate.

You see, I would not be the least bit surprised if we are to find that we are in a war of our own governmental reform. These ideas of mass war crimes and abuse of power in foreign policy are not new, they have made convicted felons of government officials, and caused the retirement and possibly even assasinations of presidents (yet so many still feel there is nothing wrong), to possible outside intervention of people who want us to stop killing people and since we don't listen for 50 years are going to have to kill us to either get us to listen and make reform on our own (which we have not in the least, and re-electing Bush would continue for certain) or to physically stop us from killing innocents for our political economical gains.

Question: Even though to so many America is perfect and innocent, seeing as we are the world's leading super power, if our government and military were to abuse this power what would happen, who would stop them? And how? Think about what might result if this were to happen, what kind of force internally or externally would have to come against the US government and military, and how would they go about stopping them?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im glad i already voted

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Locut0s is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Agreed. There's a very interesting documentary I saw on TV the other day that I think you might be interested in. I HIGHLY recommend anyone who has an open mind and doesn't know about the bush, cheney, rumsfeld cadre, is there anyone who doesn't?, to take a look at it. Even if you know, it is a very insightful and frightening documentary. You can see the whole thing online here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/pentagon/view/

It's about 2 hours long and well worth the watch. but if you don't have the time at least watch some of it.

quote:
Wyote:im glad i already voted

I'm glad I live in Canada

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You stop the US gov by funneling loads of money to the other guy at the elections.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
Osama Speaks
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy