Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

My opinion... by me.

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
Moonlightshadow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My opinion... by me.
Well, i'm finding it hard to have a conversation about my views with my friends because they have a tendency to reject everything i say and say i'm stupid... so heres my genral opinion on things... i would first like to say that i do not mean disrespect to anyone, this is just my opinion and i respect yours, if you are offended by anything here, it is unitentional and i am sorry.

1. The Bible, from what little i have studied at school, it seems that the Bible is:

1. A way of conveying morals and showing how to behave in life, how to be a "good" person, through metaphorical stories.
2. A way of justifying wars and other events.

Miracles such as the feeding of the five and four thousand seem to be good examples of moral stories, i believe that Jesus was able to get one person of the 5000 to share their food, so everyone else did, thus there was enough food to go around, the miracle isn't feeding them with 5 loaves and 3 fishes (i hope thats right) but getting people to be kind and sharing.
For the second point, as we all know, history is written by the winner or most powerful group/person whatever at the time, (like in about 2000 years, the Iraq war will likely have been a just war in the name of God or similar) and so, when there was little science (i am not assuming that people in Bible times where stupid, we all know the Egyptians where not stupid) it would be logical to believe in G-d, unexplained things are explained through G-d, you as a leader are more likely to get the support of the people if you say G-d has told me to tell you that we should do this rather than do this cos' im your boss...

Hmmm... okay, now for Jesus, I beleive that Jesus was a real person, a good, kind, wise man who was just one of those charismatic people that is just generally liked by alot of people, he did perform miracles, just not as they are interpreted in the Bible, as i said before, i think they are metaphorical stories to teach a moral. His resurection, i have no idea, maybe he didnt die, maybe someone who looked like him said he was Jesus, maybe some random guy said he was the re-incarnation of Jesus and everyone wanted to believe him so they did, i dont know...

2. (a slightly different topic) Do video games encourage violence/other emotions in children?

I have just read a very amusing rant about this, i agree with the writer on this, holding circle to zoom and pressing the X button does not teach kids how to buy, set up, load and calibrate a precise item such as a sniper rifle, all video games give kids is better had-eye coordination and if this is bad, perhaps we should ban balls in schools? (i would like to keep to this topic, i totally agree that video games can make kids (like me) un-fit)

Well, thats all i can think of at the moment, any opinions would be appriciated, i'm sorry for any spelling mistakes, i can't spell... and it was lamely written, if you don't get what im on about, im the stupid one not you, i cant express my opinion well...

"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing i was good at but atleast i fought for what I beleaved in... Grey Fox"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You have nothing to fear from us, unless you are too sensative for the occasional heated rant that can get personal, but I think you will find you fit right in here, and with most thinking people, your friends probably need to close their mouths for a min and open their ears eyes and mind.

But if you are the dorky kid than thats all it is too

That'll change somewhat at least no matter what. You sound like you have got a better grasp than a lot of people so feel free to think so.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Na, I've played a demo of farcry, its pretty sweet, but the ideations are always there, as long as any physical confrontation exists.

With war in the world, as it has been for far longer than video games, video games are the least of our worries. Comic books, movies all of that, its representations of current realities, people don't give eachother enough credit when it comes to entertainment mediums, the only ones who don't or can't distinguish between reality and fantasy are either really screwed up and can't, or have not yet learned that pain and violence hurt and are not preferable.

Once Full VIrtual Reality comes into play things will get far more interesting. Having a way to act out aggressions tends to be a good thing, as long as you don't hurt yourself and others, we know video games don't actually kill people.

Untill war and violence end, ideations and recreations as training and learning tools to a violent reality will actually be necessary for protection. They are finally starting to get more into basic education through video games and this will change the outlook of them too.

All media goes through the initial phases of desire and necessity before they are even fully developed or made useful in the public, sex and violence are the most basic and natural parts of our lives as human animals, and it shows through every time. It doesn't make the media bad, thats a misconception that effectively takes your attention away from the real sources and issues, our nature.

That leaves the question of whether we promote such a nature for sure, but like I said earlier, With war in the world, as it has been for far longer than video games, video games are the least of our worries. Untill war and violence end, ideations and recreations as training and learning tools to a violent reality will actually be necessary for protection.

So for now I feel its more of a priority issue, and a common sense issue.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
My opinion... by me.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy