Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Contradictions in the Quran - Page 3

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Qur'an was revealed in two ways: one was through the archangel Gabriel (Jibreel) and the other was directly from God (Allah). It is said that whenever Muhammad would receive a message directly from God, he woudl sweat profusely.

Just a little research on my part.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Now that is interesting, revelation. You mean to say that Islam believes in a creator being, Allah and spiritual beings.
As they accept prophets, then they accept the concept of recieving the spirit as well.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same God anyway.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Spiritual beings as in angels, yes. Not the idea of the Holy Trinity. The Qu'ran was not revealed BY Gibrael, Muhammad's prophecy was, as this same angel has appeared before previous prophets such as Moses and Abraham.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 72yrs • M •
Well as the whole, Christianity has severely strayed from the way given by Jesus so yes, I would have to agree about the trinity aspect.
They didn't comprehand His teachings then and most pretend not to comprehend it now. [they don't know that which they do not desire to know lest they look upon it & be convicted of its truth]
Funny thing I link to an ad site, they question that Allah & the Christian God are not the same God? What struck me was the use of judeo-christian aspect as one. The statements declaring Islam distinctions from Christian are just as applicable to Judaism. The same things could be said of Jewish Traditional 'God', not being the same God except Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think what they mean is that Allah (God) is not similar to the "Christian God" and "Jewish God" due to the attributes ascribed to each of them. For example, Islam rejects the idea of God having any partners or sons. And sure, He is known as the Merciful, but Muslims also fear His wrath. I can't say much about the "Jewish God."

This is one proof that public education sucks. You learn about all the scandals of Christianity, all the lies about Islam, and nothing about Judaism.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
I think what they mean is that Allah (God) is not similar to the "Christian God" and "Jewish God" due to the attributes ascribed to each of them.
which is my point, those same kind of attributes give distinction between christian & Jew. Cultural differences relate to the formof perception.
quote:
And sure, He is known as the Merciful, but Muslims also fear His wrath. I can't say much about the "Jewish God."

The Old Testament is full of the Wrath of God which is why (those calling themselves) Christians use the OT to justify their wrath.
The only describe event in the New Testament attributed to the Holy Spirit was in the death of Ananias & Sapphira. (Acts 5) For having put forth deciet, they had tried to falsely enter into the church (join those christian) where they lived.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
I will apologize for my {teachings} method in advance. Therefore, I ask you to bear with the tales of seeing and doing of things.

quote:
The huge difference being, Muhammad was illiterate and spoke a sort of poetic Arabic only known to scholars.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 36yrs • F •
Making`ME is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To truly grasp meanings of verses in the Qur'an, you need to understand that the Qur'an is the collection of verses revealed to Prophet Muhammad in the different contexts of his life. Often, the revelation came when the Prophet actually needed divine guidance concerning a specific situation. For this reason, knowledge of the context of revelation is absolutely necessary for the proper understanding of any verse in the Qur'an.
Not knowing the context is the main reason why lots of people misinterpret certain verses.

"I still haven’t found what I’m looking for"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Muhammad did not receive a Spirit, he was speaking directly with God. The idea of the Spirit is not in Islam, it is a factor of Christianity.

The Revelation of the Qu'ran began with a religious day called the Night of Power, or Laylah-ul Qadr, in Islam. It was on this night that Muhammad was spoken to by God (directly, again, there is no need for a spirit idea):

We have indeed sent down (this Qur'an) in laylah al-qadr;
And what will explain to you what laylah al-qadr is?
Laylah al-qadr is better than a thousand months.
The angels and the spirit descend in it, by God's permission, on every errand. Peace! This until the rise of dawn." (Surah 97)

When the Qur'an says that "We indeed sent this (Qur'an) on the night of power" or that "We sent it down on a blessed night" (or that "the month of Ramadan is one in which the Qur'an was sent down (2:185)) the meaning, of course, is not that the whole of the Qur'an was sent down on one night or in one month. What is meant is that the revelation of the Qur'an began in Ramadan on the night of power.

The huge difference between the Quran and the Bible is that the Quran was revealed DURING the lifetime of Muhammad, and the Bible was written after the death of Jesus, as we agreed on before. That is why this idea of a Holy Trinity is not part of Islam, nor is Jesus accepted as the Son of God. There is no "three in one" God idea, God stands alone and only speaks to Prophets, such as Moses, Abraham and Muhammad.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 72yrs • M •
Thank you for accepting my feeble attemps to understand your religious beliefs by comparing them to christian terms.
I am still trying to understand, Islam belief in spiritual beings?
Is Allah a spiritual being? These questions were answered, yes. Are there evil spirits, demons?

Christian system tends not to give distinction between the spiritual being and the actions of the spirit. They tend to form a trinity of soul (GOD), mind (spirit) & body (physical) nature to human beings.
Which is reflceted in their view as the Holy Trinity.
Thus they see the spiritual aspect of self as being turned toward GOD, such a state of being 'saved by the Grace of God' So Islam doesn't recognize a spiritual state of being?

38yrs • M •
Phoenix__ is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
Muhammad did not receive a Spirit, he was speaking directly with God. The idea of the Spirit is not in Islam, it is a factor of Christianity.

when did the prophet Muhammad speak directly with God?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Astarte - It is unfortunate that many of the Islam religion wish no part of the Jehad and do not believe in or support terrorism, the unfortunate thing is that most of their religious leaders are not so. I've only came accross one, and he is not very popular in the Islam Religion.

I'm sorry you are sad that I have given up reading the Koran and studying its history. In its history, there is much violence. This may also be true of the Christian or Jewish religion as well, however they have many religious leaders who believe in peace not war.

I am niether Jew or Christian and it is not my job to justify any religion. My point with Islam was, and still is - NO ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS LEADER stood and condemned what happened on 9/11. Instead they decided to blame Isreal. I remember the news, and if the news was wrong, no one yet has shown me differently.
If you are a religious leader of Islam, I have a few things I want to discuss with you, if not - I have no beaf with you.

I believe the Spirit God is more indian, however the Jewish religion does teach of a Spirit of God and so does the Christian religion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
and okcitykid, what do you mean there are some christians who believe in the day of judgement and some who don't? If a christian doesn't believe in the day of judgement, he's not a christian!

That was from the Koran - that's wht Islam believes - Ask Islam what it means - Why am I getting beat up on this?

64yrs • M •
quote:
So perhaps I could rephrase the question.
One of the thngs I do to comprehend belief systems is seek to understand the view of spirit & spirituality as a function of the system. A friend & I wnet to see a person who (supposedly) channeled God . . . we were not particularly convienced. So there is a distinction in 'channeling' and the teaching of spiritual aspects?
Then like Jesus, Muhammad recieved spiritual guidance in forming the Qu'ran, that of a prophet.
Do you (they) believe that God channels through the spirit? What aspects are attributed to (God) Alluh?
To me revealation is to reveal or to form a perception which is (streamed) giving maxium intensity of the experience, the distinction of such experiences is the degree?

To learn more about channelling, study the Kohuna religion. I think you will find the answer there.

I don't believe in channeling as an aspect of God the creater, but more as a part of nature we don't understand. Meaning that when a bird sings, God is not singing, the bird is. But we can clearly see that the bird is singing, were as with channelling, we can not see the peputrator so it can be confusing, but I don't believe it is meant to be.

Contradictions in the Quran - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy