If an idea at first does not seem absurd, there is no hope for it. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Contradictions in the Quran - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
try searching the bible

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thought this thread was on the Qur'an?
So I noted that a christian author statements about the muslim. That they do not believe in the spirit?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tried reading the Koran (English). I just couldn't finish it. My whole purpose was to prove that it doesn't say that if you kill lots of innocent people for Ala you will go to heaven and live eternally with dozens of virgins. If I had finished it, I probably would have proven this. I did find some very interesting things. But most of it was, if you're not one of us, you must serve us and when you die, you will burn in hell for ever. Which explains why it is so easy for someone to kill innocent people in the name of Ala. I did however find a contradiction. If you are a Jew or Christian who believes in the judgment - then and only then are you equal to to those who call themselves Islam. But, as you read, we never find any Jew or Christians who believe in the judgment, they are all infidels. Wo am I, for I am neither Jew or Christian.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm pretty sure the bible also promises eternal damnation for the infidel muslims and jews.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm pretty sure the bible also promises eternal damnation for the infidel muslims and jews.

Some people believe it do and other believe it don't. It all depends on what part you read.

You can't really say it contridicts itself, because what is the bible anyways, "The Book" (the book of books maybe). Whoever decided to take a set of books and say, "these books are the word of God, and the rest we will throw out" And that's what they did, and called it the bible. Ofcourse they were wrong, and ofcourse there are contribictions, and to this day, they still don't admit it.

The Koran however is different - it's one book. Somebody wrote it and said God told them to, so it has been called the word of alah.

As for me, I'm not sure if God speaks english, and I don't believe it has been written down. But some people get these ideas, (inspired, you might say) they share them, we read them, and this is as close as we are ever going to get to the word of God, written down that is.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's quite thoughtful. I see how bibilical and koranic contradictions aren't the same thing.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm surprised,
If you ever walk into a situation trying to force your conclusions instead of seeing all possibilities, of course you're never going to finish the text when you realize you didn't find what you had hoped for!

I'm disappointed to hear of your endeavors, okcitykid. How far did you get before you gave up? Trying to prove that Islam is a terrorist religion, well, if you actually study the life of Muhammad and read the Qu'ran for yourself, you'll find out more than half these people who call themselves Muslims have no idea. PBS did a great documentary on Muhammad's life, historically he is regarded as a respectable figure.

Not even past Surah One? Because if you check out Surah 2.62-63, you'll find that all that do good, including Jews, Sabians and Christians, actually, anyone for that matter, have nothing to fear from God, or "Allah" in this case.

"Qu'ran" literally means The Recital, and you're disregarding it because supposedly God channeled his message through a wise guy? Who cares how it was done, what in the context of the book doesn't seem moral or is wrong? I'll tell you one thing, if you are even aware of the Arabic language, you'd know the sort of Arabic used in the Qur'an is of such poetry that if you attempted to rewrite it, you'd break the structure and it'd be noticeable.

Some ideas for you to think about, it's such a shame that you're trying to study a faith already hoping to find such negativity in it. And when you couldn't, you passed it off in disappointment. Damn, Islam might not really want to go blow half of the world, that sucks now I can't find a reason to have angst against it!

And I leave you with an insightful excerpt of Krishna's conversations with the warrior, Arjuna (also known as the Bhagavad Gita):

Self-knowledge arises from mode of goodness; greed arises from mode of passion; and negligence, delusion, and slowness of mind arise from the mode of ignorance. (14.17)

--
Draw upon faiths for guidance and focus, not technicalities and hatred.

Last note: Translations are very tricky, don't stick to one and say it is the truth of what is in essence Islam, because there are many out there. But if you're ignorant, stupid and stubborn, yeah, I suppose you'll find the one that sounds the most extreme and rant that it's the truth - in which case I say, "Study Arabic, read it in the original language, and then tell me again what you see to be true Islam."

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Islam is the only religion which makes believing in all the other prophets(jesus,ibrahim etc) an article of faith. The Quran doesn't say that only muslims will go to heaven, and the 'infidels' will rot in hell. Non-muslims, are not 'infidols', i.e, christians, jews etc. they have as much a chance of going to heaven as muslims, though for people like athiests etc with no religion, it may be a different matter.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
and okcitykid, what do you mean there are some christians who believe in the day of judgement and some who don't? If a christian doesn't believe in the day of judgement, he's not a christian!

72yrs • M •
quote:
"Qu'ran" literally means The Recital, and you're disregarding it because supposedly God channeled his message through a wise guy? Who cares how it was done, what in the context of the book doesn't seem moral or is wrong?
Well I guess that answers my question?
Do they not believe in spirit if the writer had obtained some blessed [spiritual awareness] state?
quote:
Self-knowledge arises from mode of goodness; greed arises from mode of passion; and negligence, delusion, and slowness of mind arise from the mode of ignorance. (14.17)
--
Draw upon faiths for guidance and focus, not technicalities and hatred.
I especially like your statement, thank you for giving it.

35yrs • M •
Islam does not believe in spirit in the sence of the holy trinity, thats the only plausable difference between christianity jewdasim and Islam

38yrs • F •
Okay I think "channeled" was the wrong word choice, Muhammad is considered a prophet, like all the others shared in Christianity and Judasim (ie Moses, Abraham, Jesus). He was not commanded by a spirit to relay the word of God, in the context of Islam that is. Consider one of the many definitions of "prophet": "1 : one who utters divinely inspired revelations; ", "2 : one gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight."

In that sense, he wasn't possessed to do it - it's like, simply put, you hear the words of God and you speak them. Just like if someone was on the phone telling you something and you, in turn, were relaying it to your friend who was writing the information down. The huge difference being, Muhammad was illiterate and spoke a sort of poetic Arabic only known to scholars. Supposedly, that's the miracle. Do I believe it? That's not my interest to begin with, I don't really like technicalities because they stray you from the essence.

I always thought the Holy Trinity idea was to explain the reason why the Apostles were able to write the Bible after Jesus' death, but hey, I might be wrong because I've never really gotten a clear explanation of it.

72yrs • M •
quote:
The huge difference being, Muhammad was illiterate and spoke a sort of poetic Arabic only known to scholars. Supposedly, that's the miracle.
Well that would be consistant with (some) Christian beliefs. The disciples (apostles) of Jesus were mostly illiterate men, who by the spirit made nitelligent contributions to those scholars which were assembled. The spirit is a teacher in that it gives a magnified view allowing greater insight.
quote:
I always thought the Holy Trinity idea was to explain the reason why the Apostles were able to write the Bible after Jesus' death, but hey, I might be wrong
No, the spirit is an access to inspiration & comprehension of life. Some denominiations tend toward sadducism (fearful of spirit) whle others see it as evidence of Christ authority (true christian). Christian Scripture give it diverse forms as gifts which are esteem!

38yrs • F •
But the Qu'ran was revealed during the lifetime of the prophet, for the Bible, it was revealed after the main prophet addressed had died.

The question of "spiritual channeling" to accurately portray this supposed message from God is in two different situations. If Jesus had revealed the Bible during his lifetime, it wouldn't be the idea of "is something possessing him?", because that's what makes a prophet a prophet - his ability to speak directly with God. All supposedly, that is.

72yrs • M •
I'm still missing the point I am afraid?
quote:
The question of "spiritual channeling" to accurately portray this supposed message from God is in two different situations.
So perhaps I could rephrase the question.
One of the thngs I do to comprehend belief systems is seek to understand the view of spirit & spirituality as a function of the system. A friend & I wnet to see a person who (supposedly) channeled God . . . we were not particularly convienced. So there is a distinction in 'channeling' and the teaching of spiritual aspects?
Then like Jesus, Muhammad recieved spiritual guidance in forming the Qu'ran, that of a prophet.
Do you (they) believe that God channels through the spirit? What aspects are attributed to (God) Alluh?
To me revealation is to reveal or to form a perception which is (streamed) giving maxium intensity of the experience, the distinction of such experiences is the degree?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Contradictions in the Quran - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy