Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Judicial Plea Bargaining

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Judicial Plea Bargaining
Convicting people with testimony from guilty parties granted immunity. Guilty criminals (rich poeple only!) paying off accusers without actually recieving legal consequences. Enticing testimonies, true or false, with promises of money or immunity. Where does any of this fit into justice?

From what we are seeing with the court itself we also see in the laws themselves with lawsuits, I ask if it is wise to tempt people with money or immuninty when lies are the hardest things to prove or disprove. And how do we keep from shafting the true victims in need and deserving of such "rewards"?

I often wonder just how many cases have really been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, how many innocent people sit in jail today.

(I remember in pre-school sitting in a tree house with a gian circle bench with all the kids in thie circle, a kid sitting next to me slaps a little girl on the leg right next to him gets up and sits somewhere else, so the girl starts screaming a teacher comes and the girl points at me! I'm like wtf? I don't care who you are, it sucks getting in trouble especially when you are innocent. I had to go stand against a wall and kids taunted me and made fun of me, and the teachers surely thought me either mean or crazy, that girl was really screaming hard. I think I cried and so that makes it worse. People love to make you cry, when you are the bad guy. Ah the lessons of pre-school, the alphabet and getting screwed by the system.
I can't remember, but if they took my nap time milk n' cookies away then they are just monsters.)

Then just to chew on, once "justice" is served what then, prison? Do prisons cause more problems then they solve, are they temporary solutions or denial incarnate.

I haven't spent too much time at prison, but I hear some mean shit. Do we have the right to subject people to such obvious violence and trauma (as commonly expressed). Does that not just make things worse in the end? How do we let prisons get so bad anyway? Denial, cruelty, or compacency, take your pick.

I just wonder if there is a better way, I wish I knew of one offhand, but I don't so I ask, hopefully someone knows.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Plea bargaining is silly. Its quite literally paying someone to admit to a crime.

Somehow that seems wrong.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Honestly, I realize I didn't form a good thought on the subject and that I'm not fully informed (who is about anything) but ya, like you said, something seems very wrong with the idea to begin with.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Judicial Plea Bargaining
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy