Insanity: Doing something over and over and over, expecting a different result - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What Gods or Goddesses do you believe in

User Thread
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Cheriss is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So many questions have been asked here about the Christian God so now time for a more "pagan" or "Occult" question...

What Gods or Goddesses do you believe in?
What Religious/naturalistic/etc "School" or belief do you believe in or lean towards?

As I view it... If the Christian God is all knowing then it would stand to reason that he would know the social and mental development of the races of mankind as they evolved through the ages and might have chosen to appear to them in forms they would understand and accept...IE the Greek and Roman Pantheons and the many Gods of the Asian and other Cultures of the world.

Personally I lean towards the Tibetan religions and the Native Americal beliefs but as for the mainstream "Christian" religions I find that Methodist seems more "natural" for me. What about you?

www.beliefnet.com A site to help you see if you fall to any other religions or schools of thought if you are openminded enough to try it and it also covers the basic Religions of Catholic... Baptist... Pagan... Wicca... etc

"B**** Not just a Title Its a way of life"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think its all a bunch of hooey, I say just strive for loving and caring, healthy productive lives.

I am agnostic.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in God, but not the form most people do. In the Bible, it says simply God is love. I believe that God is the embodiment of love in it's purest form, meaning he literally is a multi-dimensional incarnation of love.

I also believe that the true god is one we all formulate, each of your consciousnesses all become one with each other and entwine when we die, and our physical bodies are just soemthing we have come to manipulate from another dimension.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well said Dawg. To add to that... I don't refer to god as a he because to me that just doesn't make sense. If it can be classified as masculine or feminine (energetically only, not human male and female), it is equal parts both. That only makes sense to me. Both exist in the universe, all parts of the universe, and if god is at the centre (and sometimes I think outer edges as well), it would be balanced in both mas & fem.

As far as us connected with god, I believe that only the loving parts are, the loving actions, thoughts, words, feelings, because god is pure love. The more "not loving" stuff we do, the less "connected" we become to god and to the part of human consciousness that is entwined.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 46yrs • M
We are not the only "not love" sources, abandonment and cut off communication is not a sign of love, its generally the sign of bad or non-existant relationships, plus, "God" made killing and not love in general, what exists is god's work if you have to have a god involved, if its on us, then yes we do all the non love, be we are also then the only sources of love.

There is good and bad in everything, including any god and humans.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
interesting topic, to let you know i belive that the four prime elements i.e. earth, wind, water, and fire along with the asorted sub groups created the universe. But i also belive that evolution works. I hope that other people will post on this topic to see how diverse this world really is.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really don't know what to believe I just very strongly believe in one. I've studied this God and came to the conclusion from my studies that their were two gods. A false god and a true God. The false god created our flesh while the true God created our soul. Gnostic beliefs.

Then one night, for no reason what so ever I had this dream. A voice spoke saying, "It is true that the false god created the body, but the false god also created the soul. God takes us as if we were a ball of clay and shapes us unto himself, and this takes time." That was my dream, I only heard those words and saw nothing.

So you tell me what I should believe. I don't know WHAT God is, but I'm sure there is one.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
And I'm not sure I know what a false god is, someone care to help me with this.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.gnosis.org/gnintro.htm[/url]

if your lazy skip down to DEITY it has an explination for you

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting link, Fairey. My sister once stated that she was agnosistic which was defined as a suspension of believe (not belief nor disbelief) Interesting to find they common beliefs or is this held as truth among the majority?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
Don't many of us think that we are God (the creators or rulers) believing there is none other than ourselves, that there is no God.

But then, I do know that there is evil in this world that we do not understand, because we are not evil ourself and cannot comprehend it. But there are some who are ruled by it.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firstly, i hate the way westerners use the term "pagan" to describe anything that predates or contradicts christian belief or other monothetic belief systems. Many ancient religions were very complex belief systems and many were and are miss interpreted by monothetic (one god) religions.
For example, many people regard hindus as worshipping many hundereds of gods, when in fact hinduism believes in ONE SUPREME GOD but teaches that God exists everywhere in creation and can manifest himself in any living form. The many different gods described are not regarded as seperate entities but attributes of the ONE GOD. Many hindus dont realise this is what is written in our scriptures (VEDAS). Such ignorance exists in all religions and often leads to conflicting views within a religion, leading to differentiation in a religion e.g. Catholic and Protestant.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 46yrs • M
You know what I hate, how upset people get about their religions. Which they have no good reason but that of the average sheep to believe in it to begin with.

Not to mention the inaccuracy and manipulation of all texts and handed down stories that they are arguing that they know better than others as if that makes it more credible.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The problem is leftwood that in most cases of argument people form their own biased opinions and dont actually read what is written in holy texts in the first place so the validity of these scriptures is often irrellivent.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy