If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. - Thomas Szasz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Tell me somthing good that happen to you recently.

User Thread
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think we could use some light hearted enlightening stories. I'm feeling a little bit sad because my baby just left for her long weekend to Minnesota. She's been gone for 30 minutes and Gawd do I miss her already.

On the bright side, tomorrow is Friday.

Anyone have any good news lately?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It turned fall, smallville season 4 (which almost totally sold out ) started on my birthday, but I love fall, its my season, its when I was born, I love the weather often overcast and breezy, turning leaves and amber colored evenings, gives me goosebumbs. Migrating birds and the amazement they bring by their formations, but thats about it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have been working on a new business for a year and a bit and financially things are starting to look up. It's been a struggle but there are finaning options coming my way and interested investors. I finally feel like things are starting to roll along... I guess perseverance does pay off.

I love fall too. My birthday is in November. I miss the maple bushes in Ontario... oh the colours!

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 62yrs • F •
Leftwood, happy belated birthday? If so, happy birthday!

Thoughtmanifest, I'm thrilled that your business is taking off! That's fantastic! Owning your own business is very hard work, yet rewarding.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm so glad to be hearing about other people who love fall as much as I do. It used to be my favorite season, but it's just not he same anymore. I grew up in Quebec where the colours of the Maple Trees just take my breath away. That combined with the beautiful smell of the country air waas an amazing thing. But now I live in Alberta... My first Fall away from Qubec and here things just go from Green to Brown. It's depressing the heck out of me.....

So, Lady Taz, before you think this is a depressing thing, here's the happy part. A little while ago I was talking to my best friend back home about it. (Who shares the same love for Fall as myself). Well on Monday I got a letter in the mail from her and she had three beautifully coloured Maple Leaves tucked inside for me. It made my week.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my birthday is in 19 days. i too love the fall... winter is my favorite, but fall is the most relaxing for me i think. i remember being very young at daycares, sitting outside in the grass with the leaves and just staring at the sky, taking life in as much as possible.

my family has been away the past couple days and i have had the previledge of taking care of all the animals. they all need different medicines at the moment for various reasons, so its been quite the challenge. but i am the type who enjoys a good challenge and so ive been having quite a bit of fun.

also i havent been all alone (for an extended period) in quite some time, its refreshing.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
Ya, I love the fall, its just the hitting the gound I'm not too fond of.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
har har har

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 62yrs • F •
Chrissie, what a thoughtful friend you have. I can imagine that cheered you up.

Wy, I forgot what 'alone time' felt like.

We have some beautiful falls in Illinois, but I can't say that I appreciate them. Fall is a reminder that winter is around the corner. I'm so a summer person.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Taz, are you having alone time right now? You started this post because your "baby left"...

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 46yrs • M
Taz, I don't blame that fear of winter from your perspective, my Navy boot camp was in great lakes as you may know, and I joined right in the thick of holiday season, Nov 16, and holy shit was it cold, -60 with wind chill, it was nuts, but one of the funniest things I ever saw came from that, I'm kinda average height and in a marching formation I'm pretty surrounded by heads but I can always see the flag holder up front, to see it dissapear and hear laughter as ice takes another victim was too much, specially when your drill instructor is trying not too laugh telling you to stop laughing, we were wrapped up more than your average nine year old so it was definitely interesting.

62yrs • F •
quote:
Taz, are you having alone time right now? You started this post because your "baby left"...

Thought, yes she left but I still not alone. Which is fine, because I wouldn't want it any other way.

You know leftwood, you would think after living here my whole life I would be used to the cold winters.

Great news for me last night.

My daughter called and she took fourth place in form and first place in sparring! She was crying on the phone because she was so happy. Oh hell, my husband and I were crying with her.

46yrs • M
Something good today, I woke up, and it was still fall

39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I made out with the girl I've been pursuing for a month last night.

I discovered the Pixies.

Yup, best things that have happened to me for awhile.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just come back after a few days away with my fianceè

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy