Finite players play within boundaries; infinite players play with boundaries. - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

MITHRA! (pt. 2)

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tsp gatmog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
MITHRA! (pt. 2)
All of this is taken from a religion that predates Christianity. It would appear that maybe Christianity has some explaining to do for such blatant plagarism...

Mithra was a Persian savior. Worship of Mithra became common throughout the Roman Empire, particularly among the Roman civil service and military. Mithraism was a competitor of Christianity until the 4th century. Their god was believed to have been born on DEC-25, circa 500 BCE. His birth was witnessed by shepherds and by gift-carrying Magi. This was celebrated as the "Dies Natalis Solic Invite," The "Birthday of the Unconquered Sun." Some followers believed that he was born of a virgin. During his life, he performed many miracles, cured many illnesses, and cast out devils. He celebrated a Last Supper with his 12 disciples. He ascended to heaven at the time of the spring equinox, about March 21.

Now lets look at a much older Persian god; Mithras. The earliest known examples of Mithras worship date back 4000 years to the Persian empires. Mithras was the son of Ahura-Mazda the god of the heavens.

Mithras and Ahura-Mazda were a strong influence on early Babylonian beliefs. Along came the Zoroastrians in the 6th century BC who absorbed Mithras and Ahura-Mazda into their own culture where Ahura-Mazda became the supreme god of goodness and the god Ahriman became the god of Evil.

Soon after this Zorastrian/Babylonian takeover in about 580BC, The Babylonians were holding the Jews in captivity. The Jews were Henotheists at this time but became heavily influenced by the concept of one god of goodness and one god of evil.

In about 350BC Mithras was sent by the Father God down to Earth to confirm his contract with Man.

Mithras was born of a virgin by immaculate conception.
- He was born of Anahita, an immaculate virgin mother
Mithras was born in a stable.
We celebrate his birth on Dec 25th
Mithras was visited by wise men bearing gifts
Mithras had 12 disciples
He was called the Messiah
- Mithras was also the god of Darius, conqueror of Babylon, He was called "Messiah" or Christos by Jews during their Captivity.
Mithras made a Contract (or Covenant) with Man confirming an older contract with God
- The Persian word Mithras literally means "Contract"
Mithras celebrated a last supper with his disciples before his death
Mithras died to atone for the sins of man
Mithras was resurrected on a Sunday
Mithras ascended into Heaven to rejoin his Father
Mithras will return to pass judgment on mankind
- He was known as the judger of souls
On judgment day, the dead will arise and be judged by Mithras
Mithras will send sinners to Hell
Mithras will send the faithfull to Heaven
On judgment day there will be a final conflict between evil and good.
The forces of evil will be destroyed and the saved will live in paradise forever.
Mithras is part of a holy Trinity that took human form
Mithras is depicted as having a halo
Mithras followers drink wine and eat bread which represent his blood and flesh.
Mithras followers are baptised
That's a whole lot of remarkable coincidences all from hundreds of years before Jesus was born.

The Holy book of Zoroastrian was called the Avesta of Zarathustra (Zoraster is the Greek word for the Persian "Zarathustra". The Jews were well aware of this book.

Mithras Worship declined with the arrival of the Roman Empire and the strong Zoroastrian philosophy of "one true god".

Mithras worship increased again and became very popular in late Roman Culture... when did this happen? Yes.. The first Century AD. Another remarkable coincidence.

From what race did the mythical Jesus allegedly come from? Jews!.... who had already been influenced by The Mithras Cult and adopted many other Zoroastrian beliefs.

Who convened the Great Christian Council of Nicea in 325AD? The Roman Emperor Constantine. And who did he Worship before his conversion? Mithras!!!

The large number of similarities between the Persian/Zorastrian God Mithras and the Judeo/Christian Jesus are just too many to be mere coincidence. The two stories are just too much alike... even down to gifts brought by the wise men to the stable for the infant Mithras, born of a virgin, the son of God, saviour of mankind who died to save us from evil.

It is blindingly obvious that Christianity is just a plagiarisation of the earlier Persian Cult of Mithras. There is nothing original in the Christian belief system. It was all copied.

Christianity has always practiced this art of absorbing other peoples beliefs and calling them their own.... Easter from the pagan festival of Eastre... High Mass, Sunday Sabbath, Holly and Ivy, Decorating trees, Monotheism, The Eucharist. ... etc.

The bread disks that the Mithras worshipers ate during their Mass to symbolise the flesh of their God was marked with a cross... hundreds of years before it became a Christian symbol.

And finally, During the Roman revival of the Mithras Cult, where was the cult centred?...... On Vatican Hill in Rome!!!

Christianity is a false religion with no doctrine of its own. All of it's dogma, it's rituals, it's Key characters, It's very foundation is stolen.

Looks like we have to stay on topic this time.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i answered this before but it seems to hav disapeared.... this entire story can be explained. the old testament predates it and contains hundreds of prophecies telling about the birth of Christ. the story arrises from the writer simply reading Jewish prophecies and inventing someone who fulfills them.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 35yrs • M •
the story arrises from the writer simply reading Jewish prophecies and inventing someone who fulfills them.

3:58:54

explain

36yrs • F •
throughout the old testament there are prophecies predicting aspects of Jesus's life. that he would be born of a virgin, that he would enter Jerusulum on a donkey, hundreds of them. someone could simply of read the books that made up the old testament, (the prophecies were greatly studied and even memorized by Jewish leaders) and invented a story in which these prophecies are fulfilled

35yrs • M •
alright, i wasnt too sure of what you said.
back to what i was saying earlier:

i really dont think you're gonna get an unbiased view of things as far as religion goes. anywhere. someone has an opinion, and a bias on which they base their life, and its pretty damn hard to be open to other concepts regarding your faith. so what do the people that... really have no clue as to whether or not there is a god? what do they do?

36yrs • F •
i guess u hav to make ur own desision

35yrs • M •
how? is the question.

36yrs • F •
i mean, u must know most of the viewpoints by now, having the friends u hav and being exposed to plenty of non-Christian views as well as Christian ones, what do u think?

36yrs • F •
i dont know how to answer u on that one Scott.

35yrs • M •
i think the world is full of people that buy into one thing, or another.
then theres the people that dont 'do' shopping.

36yrs • F •
i dont know, i guess u can look at it that way. i mean i looked around for a while, but once i believed, i never went back. eventually, i dont care what u believe, u come back to the same questions. Why am i here? what happens after this life? God can answer those questions, so i suppose u could say it is an easy way out, but what isnt?

35yrs • M •
the easy answer to that is "death is with us all", good song by the way. atheists believe that you just die, and thats it. its nothing to ponder. you live. then you die.

not much to it. but like, the whole...eternal hell thing kinda...discourages you. in a way.

36yrs • F •
but then i guess what i would say to the atheists is what gives us our idea of eternity? i mean how does that just evolve?

35yrs • M •
so...you're saying "how can we have the ability to have faith in god?" ?
i think thats a pretty easy answer for them to spin. as it is for christians.

36yrs • F •
ah yes, "Why do we have faith in God?" is a very easy question for them to answer, but thats not what i asked. how do we hav an idea of eternity? where would we get that idea?

MITHRA! (pt. 2)
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy