Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people we personally dislike. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

MITHRA! (pt. 2) - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tsp gatmog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thats what i meant by "believing in god", and my response stays the same. its easy for both sides to spin.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so let me get straight where you stand on this, you have absolutely no idea either way, and so your hovering in the middle until something pushes you over the edge one way or the other?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 35yrs • M •
basically.
im just like waiting for either:

a. a mathematical equation to prove X religion false
b. a big, glowy figure in the sky to totally dazlle me

36yrs • F •
your never gonna get the equation, and as for the miraculous sign, its gonna suck for you if it happens, because that means Jesus is back for the rapture and your going to go through quite a few years of misery. heres the thing Scott, unless you let God in and let him show you, theres no way your ever going to let someone convince you.

35yrs • M •
i don't like that answer.

36yrs • F •
im sorry. what would u like me to say?

35yrs • M •
something not depressing.

36yrs • F •
ok here goes. i go through my depressions/anger/hopelessness, probably more than most people would guess, but at least i can always come back to the fact that i know where i'm going, that i'm loved, and that i hav purpose. i cant imagine what life would be like without this knoledge, so i can barely even grasp where your coming from. i dont know what to tell you scott, i dont hav any magic words that will proove why i believe, but i suppose i should ask you, why dont you believe? if its simply because you dont have enough proof, well, your never going to have enough proof. at some point you have to go out on a limb and trust.

36yrs • F •
that probably didnt help but its the best i can come up with.

35yrs • M •
why dont i believe?
well, you know. not everything is as easy as "well, fuck im just gonna jump in the pool because its relevant". im sure for you, thats easy. but it really isnt the same for me, as ive been brough up in a catholic setting my whole life, and pretty recently, its all become pretty clear how the whole catholic thing works. its just really discouraged what little faith i had. again. i mean, think about it. im not about to change the way i think and the way i live my life based on ignorance. something so simple as "Just Do It". I dont see myself living my life on something that was founded on a "just jump in" dealy.

36yrs • F •
i agree with you. you shouldnt believe because i told you so. in fact, i dont think you could believe on that presidence. listen scott, i know everyone thinks i'm an idiot, and who knows, maybe their right, but that doesnt mean i just jumped on the band wagon without thinking about it. i did think, and i didnt act for a long time, until a time came when i just couldnt put it off anymore. a time came when i could feel something so much greater than my thought, then my puny ideas of logic and proof, that i could no longer deny it.

my life hasnt been a walk in the park either. my dad's agnostic and my moms been involved with our stupid school and the church that goes with it for like three generations. i've learned things about hypocracy. there are so many things about "Christians" that i hate, but that has nothing to do with God. i didnt become a Christian because everyone else was doing it. i became a Christian all alone, dealing with myself and God. i dont know if u care about all that, but oh well i told u anyways.

35yrs • M •
another thing that coulda made you believe is...the school you...go...to... possibly?
i mean, when you think about it, theres no reason NOT to be a christian when you go to the school 180 times a year. being in a religion based enviorment that much is gonna make you lean towards it no matter what. if you went to a jewish school for as long you have a christian school, and get their point of view and biasism, youd either be a jew, or consider it. same thing with public schools. you'd prolly develop atheistic beliefs and the sort. location, location, location.

35yrs • M •
by the way, im sick of this message board. if you want to continue to the conversation, do so in the Deep Thoughts of the uboard. www.tspuboard.tk maybe peeg and justn can intervene there.

goodbye, CaptainCtupid

36yrs • F •
i guess that would apply if i was involved with my school in any way shape or form, or felt any kind of remote loyalty. perhaps that has shaped me, maybe i've been brainwashed since kindergarten, but, under that theory, what is any kind of school or environment but another form of brainwashing?

since i'll be switching to the public school system soon that theory will be tested.

what schooling did u get before ours?

35yrs • M •
ok. FINE. last post:

i got catholic schooling.

edit: and it really wont be tested, as you've already developed your religion.

k, THATS IT. www.TSPUBOARD.tk NOW THATS IT I CANT STAND THIS FRIGGIN PLACE.

MITHRA! (pt. 2) - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy