Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Just watched another John Kerry master plan - Page 2

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Return all you like, quickly on the tax thing, what about a middle road of finally properly, or closer to properly, taxing the wealthy, but hopefully still not unreasonably, while not taxing the middle classany more if not less, this is what is proposed.

Regardless of any proposistional claims, these are the types of claims that all candidates always make whether or not they implement them, which usually comes to not. I'm glad you think you know all about government policies and workings cause I sure don't. France and Germany huh, well they have been oh so supportive so far, they don't support us much now do they? Whats with all the anti French remarks?

I'm not going to claim to know the facts about what actually has gone up or down in the economy and health care, all I know is with a full time job I wasn't able to support my family and healthcare is a joke, especially in terms of healthcare insurance, if you think Bush's policies on healthcare and how they deal with prescription companies is good for anyone but companies, I would like to know how and why.

What is your stance on our being in Iraq in the first place, does it make perfect sense to you?

What influence, and can you even be honest enough with yourself to be sure, does Bush's religious stances have on your preference, I ask this because I get a similar fashioned answer of simply promoting what you either believe or have chosen to run with, albeit with a little more (possibly credible) evidence on this issue so far than any of your personal stances of religion itself.

An interesting thing about this election is how both candidates are so deep in government and are both aware of details of legislation and policy past and present from a personal as well as support based perspective, and with all of that we still can't get straight answers out of anyone. Yet you are so certain about all of this. I'm sick and tired of people claiming knowlegde so obviously unavailable or proveable. How many meetings do you have with the president anyway. Even if you did have any, do you think you would get unbiased answers from him, or Kerry? I don't, they are not required to tell the truth, and they have the ability to and option to spin things how they like, and they do, they even have teams of people to help them, help them control minds like yours who so easily buy into anything that sounds good.

Next you will probably tell me that the country is in the best shape its ever been and how bush is to be credited.

I can't fight or debate this issue too well because I understand the intentional confusion and deception involved without ignoring it. They all contradict themselves cause they are all full of shit. They all want the best but not even they know how to do it for sure, but since you do you should give them a call.

Wake up people.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
Oh, and I was talking to steve in the quote of mine you posted as I'm sure you are aware, but I wonder do agree with steve in all his, uh, thoughts? And, related or not, his attitude? I'm not sure what kind of attitude or disposistion you hold yet but I am curious to find out.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The economy is in good shape for wartime.

And the rich are the ones employing the middle calss...tax em out of the states...or into job down sizing.

Who loses..the middle class.

So, how come you didnt reply to the draft?

Ya know, there is an act the president has too override Congress at wartime, if Kerry gets in, our youth, daughters and sons will be drafted....!

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 46yrs • M
Honestly I haven't heard much on the draft issue, so I can't say, sounds bad, but so does war, and we already have a double helping of that, some of which makes some sense, but its that very war that you should be blaming for any thoughts of a draft no? I would blame 9/11 on the war, but Iraq didn't attack us, ever from what I understand. And that may leave Bush and company to blame for it. Even if we as a country were just so scared that we acted out of line, we will face the consequences of it. Really, if you are for the war ever, you risk draft, but if it all comes down to Kerry on the draft issue I hope no such decision is made.

Maybe I just hear different people and opinions but none tend to say that the economy is in good shape. Maybe things are peachy for you, but your not the only one out there, and I've seen longer lines in my local unemployment office than I ever have, I don't go all the time but I have been more often than I like in that last few years.

I can't tell you who how or why Kerry or Bush can or can't do this or that, and I find it hard to believe that you know as much as you seem to think you do, in a government of secrets, lies, and blatant contradictions I think we need to focus less on the candidates personal contradictions rather than those of the system itself, it is what allows for such rediculousness and bickering in the first place, people are so topical and easily led, they never address issues at the source.

40yrs • M •
Zefram is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
LEFTWOOD: Your opinion regarding that "frame of mind" I can only accept. I had not dared to say it because it is always unpleasant and indecent to criticise some stranger for things you may not fully understand. On the contrary as a stranger in a strange land you have got perfect opportunity to perceive its true character more than citizens acustomed to it. I do know people who have visited your country as tourists and even those who have lived and worked there for few years (for example studying there few years). Almost all of them consider your country to be little odd for reasons exactly the same you have spoken about. Your houses, cars, vacuum cleaners and everything is (or shall I use plural:are - I am not sure for my native language does not care much about such details - we need not even place words in sentences in correct order) bigger But it is not my topic Whenever Czech comes to US he is surprised by the way you seem to be individualists. For example I am 21 years old and I live with my parents in their house. It is quite possible I will never really leave this house, this village or at least the town nearby. There would be nothing strange or unusual in such behaviour. Most of us are unwilling to move from one place to another. In fact my family lives for last four hundred years exactly here on this soil. They were farmers, workers and so on. Though the world is quite different now-a-days we all are still tied to our homes, to places we know so well. I may travel and even live wherever it could be interesting and well paid for some time but I will certainly return home after all this. Even those who live in our capital are unwilling to move to another city. We are just very settled down. If you live somewhere for quite long time you have to know your neighbours very well, you usually have got lots of friends there, you are strongly interested in your environment. From this point of view your way of life must look little bit strange. We are not so strange to each other, our cities are not so immense, you can find more than six thousand small villages in my country, we do not move so much, we are much more tied to countryside and it is not so much great task to know the whole country. How can we then easily understand your individualism? We have full health care for everyone and good public education. We can manage all this without great argues about taxes. No one who is really willing to work need not to be afraid of his very existence and basic needs. You have asked me about crime. With the only exception there are no true problems. Thet exeption is small nation which has arrived this country in 13th century. These thieves stolen everything possible and most of them traveled farther to Europe where Czechs were said to be thieves then Like Germany has its Turkish immigrants, France its Arabs, we have got Gipsies. But even in Josefov, former baroque town fortress, where they live in some kind of ghetto I was not afraid to walk around with my girlfriend. It is not good idea to sit in the hall of Wilson train station when you arrive in Prague, or to use taxi, it is not good idea to look too wealthy in some well known parts of Prague in the night, but these are all warnings you could find in tourist guide. I have slept in the park and in that train station in the night (I had missed last train home) and there was no serious problem. You can deduce from all this our "frame of mind", our way of life. If I were an American I would have to vote for Kerry and I would have to be Democrat. We may screw (was this your word?) our own economics because we are not hard and determined enough to decrease taxes, to forget all who are poor and uneducated, who do not belong to middle and high class. Yet we cannot forget and we will not forget them. I think you have sacrificed to god of prosperity and individualism too much. On the contrary German welfare state fails rapidly. Patrish could give them good hint. As it seems it is just a matter of balance.

46yrs • M
ya, a lot of things change and need to change with the added need to adapt in a society such as this, and trust me, we come from a seriously mixed breed but that does mean we have bits of everyhing, just not everything everywhere, but with that we also have settlers who have been engrained for generations, and trust me more when I say most are pretty stubborn about change, it really is pretty dog eat dog in ways but balance happens no matter what, it all works out, we as a country have not completely addapted to such rapid and vast change, but we survive and persist.

Some of the views as to why you might not want to live here are the same as to why I generally want to stay out of big cities, talk about maddening pace of change and everything else. I'm not sure offhand from which post i said about a fram of mind, or what is was exactly, so untill i find that I'll leave this as is, I love your information, you are very articulate in the english language, especially being of another country, what language is your primary?

56yrs • F •
My stance Iraq, I showed in another thread with the history that led to that place......and I markedly say...Afghanistan.

Most;y ignored because it was noted where Osama is.
NOW I didnt catch the name of the mastermind behind 911, who we caught...but we have him.

We are now at a place where we are training Iraqi's to police their nation, and to continue capturing terrorist leaders. Both of the Al Queda and the Taliban.
TWO distinct groups, with one main objective. Kill and hate those countries who have freedoms...and attack them.

Saddam with his WMD killed 12,000 Kurds. Who are they? They are ppl of his own nation who live near the Iranian border...and mind you 75% were children and women who were killed.

Go see other thread.

It goes to show...germ warfare can be hidden in heavy plastics and buried...will we know where they are?

ONLY if shown, and until one of you can show me exactly HOW we seem to know they dont exist without a doubt...I wanna hear it.

YOU go by the hypothesis that because they havent been uncovered Saddam didnt have them.

Better safe than sorry.

I suppose you know how N Korea is...
And I guess you know the situation with France and Germany ...they wont be part of the coalition or anything even if we elect kiss butt Kerry.

56yrs • F •
ADD in, we have 30 countries as our coalition.

AND altho not signed on at this time, Russia is very much against terrorism after what happened in their school.

46yrs • M
We had 30, and I wouldn't doubt they find stuff somewhere, but there is stuff in a lot of places, but ya I don't hear too much about them using them like Saddam did, how long ago did the Kurd thing happen thats the one point I'm unsure of it might be in that post of your but I'll find out.

But the Numbers on the coalition thing have changed is one thing I heard, lessened about 6 or so. But this is a World effort and needs to be treated as such, 30 may sound like a lot but I get the impression its really not, and how much effort in respect to our own is the biggest issue with any coalition we have now, and by questioning that doesn't mean we are bashing our allies, us americans have all the right in the world to ask why our children our being sent to their death. Ya, and obviously the Iraq forces still need major help, not just by us.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People throw this numer 30 around like its a magic number, cos it IS a big number. But only England, Australia and Poland count for anything. All the others have less then 100 troops on the ground.

This isnt a coalition, its the Anglophone countries and enough others to pretend to be a coalition. Bush Senior's coalition was MUCH better. It had not only Britain but also countries like France, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Junior has not made full use of allies.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
And thats because he is a terrible foreign relations nightmare, Pat and company go off about the well we need to protect ourselves at all cost which is true, but we don't have to act like a bunch of trigger happy law marshal's from the old west, this scares people and if we become a world threat, we can't take on the world we can only blow it up. We appear crazy on top of greedy to a lot of people these days, just because america denies oil issues doesn't mean the world does. This news coming out reassuring no connections strong enough to warrant the war have not sunk in around the world just yet, when it does, things may just get worse. Or everything could turn out fine, but there is no end to this "war on terror" untill the entire world is invaded or cooperating. Bush can tell the UN to fuck themselves if they are corrupt, but the thing is, they way to do it is to police them too then, and he probably can't do that because WE have a corrupt government, so..... what we need is to get OUR shit together, starting cleaning up all the lies, get shit in order then take over the world,

46yrs • M
At least then we will be able to respect ourselves in the morning.

Just watched another John Kerry master plan - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy