Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

"Terrorism": Does Anyone Really Understa - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Terrorism is about tactics. The only reason we have terrorists is that the people that hate america, american values, people who have been hurt by America or Amercia's allies and policies, these people do not have the means to hurt America directly.

Unlike Japan, Germany and the Soviet Union, terrorists and pro-terrorist states have very little industrial/economic/military power compared to the united states. Terrorism is the only tactic they can employ which can hurt the United States with the slim resources they have.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right on Teen, but note we condemn WMD proliferation while advancing our own w/o concern about our own use. Iraq shows how arbitrary we are in applying ' Do as I say, not as I do'. We have given 'justifiable cause' to fear us for such terrorist actions.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/story.jsp?story=605306

Russian officers 'helped in plot to seize Beslan school'

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am muslim. I have endured the veiled racism in america today.

GO HOME YOU BROWN SND NIGGEER!

TERRORIST!

DONT BLOW ME UP OR ILL KILL YOU!

well im not a brown sand nigger, im not a terrorist, and im not gonna blow you up. Terrorists like al-queda are no worse than the KKK was in the 1950s or 1960s. People we are all the same, so why hate? Why hate?

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its not just hate, its fear.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dj BrEaK AwAy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well you gotta see and examine why they do it. for instance people in Iraq and Afganistan are afriad just like us but we are one of the most powerful and richest nations on this earth but some are not as lucky to be like us people are promised things like money and protection so we got a police force that does that but they do it because they think thats what is suppose to be happining you get only 1 story thats whats wrong with this soceity is people list to 1 side of the story

"live long live free"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm Confused
posted 06/06, by Okcitykid

I'm confused -

How has torture become Okay?

How do we launch an offensive, discover that we were wrong and yet still say we are right?

I could go on and on. I just don't understand. What happened to American, or have I just had my head in the sand and not realized that we are not the moral country I thought we were?

My only conclusion is that between the Prozac in our water supply and being desensitized by all we see and here from the media, we just don't care, we have become a people who could care less about others. At least not until it effects us.

I did not know this was my country.

What exactly have we freed the Iraqi's from?

We are responsible for most of their turmoil. Just because we believe that we're doing them some great favor doesn't make it true. Ask a mother who buried her son or a husband who lost his wife. Ask the children who don't understand why nobody feeds them.

All the money spent on bombs dropped on their cities could have been better spent to preserve the highest alienable right, the right to eat when you are hungry.

Though Suicide Bombers might be a confused abortion of humanity, one doesn't need a college degree to realize the cause of their birth.

Posted on e-thepeople

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
"Terrorism": Does Anyone Really Understa - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy