Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Kerry a hawk? The biggest flip flop yet

User Thread
 66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The story below says it all for "Flipper" I bet GW was going to use this little clip for a visual during the debates.

"Flipper" is a big anus.

Inside the Beltway

By John McCaslin

Kerry out attack
During a 1997 debate on CNN's "Crossfire," Sen. John Kerry, now the Democratic presidential nominee, made the case for launching a pre-emptive attack against Iraq.
So reveals Rep. Peter King, New York Republican, who appeared with Mr. Kerry on the program.
Mr. King says the U.N. Security Council had just adopted a resolution against Iraq that was watered down at the behest of the French and the Russians. Yet the candidate who now criticizes President Bush for ignoring French and Russian objections to the Iraq war blasted the two countries, claiming that they were compromised by their business dealings with Baghdad.

"We know we can't count on the French. We know we can't count on the Russians," said Mr. Kerry. "We know that Iraq is a danger to the United States, and we reserve the right to take pre-emptive action whenever we feel it's in our national interest."
While no "Crossfire" transcripts from 1997 are available, Mr. King in recent days produced a tape of the show, sharing it with New York radio host Monica Crowley for broadcast, and this Inside the Beltway column for publication. Stay tuned.

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep. I sure as hell don't want a president who can't make up his mind on anything. He's worse than my mom, and she can't even decide what shoes to wear to Sunday morning church.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Finally there's a man within this forum with some common sense, even if he is only 15 years old.

Now I have a little faith in our future, which is our youth!

Good to meet ya UnderDawg. Don't let anyone sway your beliefs. You're on the RIGHT track.

Steve

"Any day above ground is a good day"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy