The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny. - Hume
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Mind "Lag"

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mind "Lag"
Okay here it goes: your mind and body are in two different time frames mind in past body in the present. Think about this it takes your brain a couple of milliseconds to interpret any kind of external stimuli, so it 'lags' behind everything else. Think of your body as an inanimate object like a table it is constantly in the present any forces on it get interpreted by your brain but by the time your brain has done so the external force may have stopped. Does this make sense if so what does it mean I've been thinking about it need input

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, the mind is always behind reality, but then so is the body. The body acts when the mind tells it too. How can the body always be in the present, it doesn't have a conciousness of it's own. Just 'being' there doesn't mean that u are present.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • M •
Yeah, niether the body nor the mind are in the present. The mind can only register the past and the future, while the body doesn't have a conciousness.

What fairyboy is saying is that as everything that happens, takes a llittle time to be interpreted by the brain, then the brain must be behind reality, which it is. If you see a person on front of you, ur not seeing him at the present moment, ur seeing him as he was about 0.0000000001 seconds earlier, as thats the time it takes light to travel from him to you, and the time it takes for your brain to interpret the information.

34yrs • M •
Mista Sparkalo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I suppose the thought that the mind and body aren't in the present could lead one to question the nature of time itself. After all, by definition of the past, a life lived in the past has already been lived. Lives that have already been lived are now no more.

Anyways...just for the sake of trying to revive this seemingly dead topic, if neither body nor mind are in the present, then what state are they in when you dream? I mean think about it, if you were placed in a room with no external stimuli, you'd still dream when you sleep. Your mind isn't reacting to anything, you aren't actually "seeing" anything nor "hearing" anything and certainly aren't actually "feeling" anything and you can still "see" vivid pictures, "hear" interesting sounds, and if you're like me "feel" things. The mind isn't processing any events as they're happening simply because they aren't actually happening...great...now I've confused myself...my brain's in a fucking knot...DAMNIT!!!

"-Don't drink the bong water"
 35yrs • M •
Well, when we are asleep, our conciousness turns off, and our subconciousness does the dreaming. Basically, the experiances are recalled through memory. e.g, if u imagine sipping a tea, u can 'feel' the taste.

hmm, yes, it may sound starnge that we never are really in the present, but only our 'minds' are never in the present. And remember, there is a debate wheather we are our mind or 'something else'. our 'inner essence', if there is one, is always in the present.

Mind "Lag"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy