We are something stupid and at best something that cancels itself out. (Schopenhauer) - rschulz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soccer! - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
mamamsbabygirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
that is bad ass sport

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why? What are your arguments?

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 47yrs • M •
hakan77 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
A game between Barcelona-Real Madrid

"Be yourself no matter what they say"
 47yrs • M •
hakan77 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is what a Feyenoord fan thinks of Ajax

47yrs • M •
My favorite team in Europe

47yrs • M •
and National Team

37yrs • F •
sweetandsassy4 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I love soccer! I have been playing soccer since i was 5! I like watching soccer as much as playing it!

"If practice makes perfect and nobodies perfect, why practice?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Football is not to bad to watch I've played little soccer - it seems quite enjoyable- the worst parts of the game is the offside rule, all the rediculous diving and the sometimes horridly slow pace to the matches as well as the lack of body checking and the relative rerity of excitement. but when the goals come they are that much more memorable and then of course the strikers are always the primadonnas and have to run around like there some great hero.. but this is definetly a team sport positioning seems so important.

I used to hate soccer to be honest but my father is a big fan and is so happy that there are always good games on sattalite TV and of course he loves the english premiere league.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im sorry to dissapoint soccer fans but soccer is not my favorite... BY FAR... i think that no men should play soccer... i think it is a girl sport because all you do is run...kick... and trip each other.... Foot ball is the best in fact i am wearing my pittsburgh jersey right now

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 32yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that demonspawn92 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya know what boomstick SOCCER IS NOT A GIRL'S SPORT!!!! Plus fyi, you don't ONLY run, kick, and trip people! If ya want to be good, ya gotta have skills. You say football is the way to go? I could take you in any sport you choose, EVEN football!!!

"I hate stupid people!"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love the english premier league and the english team.

Beackham and Owen

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
K this is just a bit confusing for me, so if i say football compared to football or something daft like that, its cos im a brit and therefore football means soccer to me. as it does to everyone but an american.

Soccer is a good sport, its the most popular sport in the world due to how easy it is to play, and the relative lack of eqiupment required to play it with. or a soccer match, all you need is 4 things to use as goal posts, such as tshirts or cones, and one ball, and however many people you want around. no other game requires so little to play, hence socces popularity.
As for who the best teams in the world are, i would be most likely to say the south american teams. their players are some of the best in the world de to the fact that every kid in south america, knows that it is the easiest way to get above the poverty line, so every moment of free time they have, they spend playing soccer. If you look back, some of the best players in the world, such as pele maradonna and ronaldo are all south american, and mostly were born to very poor families.
Though as a personal thing, i dont like soccer. there is far too much moeny in it, its gone from a decent sport to the millionaires playground. when the soccer league started in britain, the players all got paid a bit, but mostly still had to run a second job to support their families, and that was even the top players. now a top player makes more in a year than most people do in a lifetime. And the money spent on transfers is ridiculous. Worse than that though is how the clubs can operate at a loss the way no other business can. For example chelsea had an operating loss £80 million which they could on surivive on due to roman abromovich's deep pockets. had it been any other part of his business empire, it would have been closed down with little or no second thoughts about it. and Real madrid are so far in debt that they sold their stadium to the city council, who now maintain it, while charging the team peanuts in rent, passing the loss onto the local people.

In my opinion it is unthinkable that such a wast of money should be allowed. people are starving around the world and people are more willing to make up the operating losses of group of morons in shorts, than to give money to charity. it makes me sick.

Yet in most countries, it is only in soccer that such s**t occurs. though i can imagine that american football may have similar things, but i dont know enough about it to be certain. anyone got any ideas?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm British. I dont think Americans appreciate how big soccer is overe here and we do call it football. To give you an example from about 4-17 I played football like it was a religion...I played after school til ot got dark..on weekends sometimes all day (10 hours) and often I'd miss lunch or dinner for it.

Best thing I can compare American Football to is rugby. Difference is our rugby lads do not wear big pads...they get into scrums with their bare hands. But then soccer isn't exactly rough! We like soccer, rugby and cricket in this country.

and soccer is considered a mans sport not a womans although I will be facing some angry women on this; but it doesnt stop it being true

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
football(soccer) is huge over here. and rugby is defginitely more comparable to american football.

but like i said previously, north america does not play any of the popula world sports, eg rugby, football, cricket, to any level of proficiency. In fact the only major international sports they are proficient at is athletics. yet i am led to believe that they may not even be the world leaders in some of the sports that are alrgely only played in their own country.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Soccer dominates any other sport. Soccer is the World Game!

- my fav international team would have to be Brazil
- my fav english premier league team is Liverpool
- my fav players are: Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Harry Kewell, and Michael Owen.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
Soccer! - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy