Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Submissiveness & Subservience

User Thread
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My partner and I are having a debate and I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it. Do you think that submissiveness and subservience is a sign of weakness?

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks Decius for your feedback. I should have clarified that I was referring to life in general. In relationships there has to be a give and take in terms of points of views expressed and concessions made in order to determine the best course of action for the relationship. But sometimes there are circumstances where a couple is butting heads and neither individual is willing, or perhaps able due to programming, to submit to the other's beliefs. It is more in reference to situations like that where my partner is of the opinion that someone has to be the 'ultimate ruler'.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Submission is a good thing if you know what your doing. Like being submissive to your boss if you wanna keep your job.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if you are too submissive in the work place your co-workers will take advantage of you very quickly. being the aggressor gets you higher up on the totem pole faster anyway...

personally, i think you get more out of life being the agressor, but knowing your limits and when to back off is definately key.

"its a dog eat dog world"

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ultimate ruler...

Having a leader keeps a group organized and secure, but in terms of a couple....that's a tough one. Decisions will lie in the hands of the leading partner, which may or may not please the other. Having one partner dominate the other may be a way of getting issues resolved without too much hassle. So subservience may not always be a sign of weakness.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy