Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the soul? - Page 12

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
U know, imagine that a person has remained blind all his life. Imagine what the perception of life would be like for him. I mean, he would have no Idea of what reality is.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh crap, I forgot what this thread was about now ... oh yeah, what is soul? I don't know.

Okay, I'll say something more...

Both western science and eastern ancients believe/believed that every thing is made of energy. Soul would then be a form of energy. Your body is energy in the form of mass. Your soul, (if you have one or are one) is.. well... energy in the form of a soul. <------- at myself.

I think that the Taoists believed that the spirit energy is the highest from of who you are, while the soul is more like the fuel for your body and spirit, and your body/brain is the lowest form of who you are. This all depends on who the Taoist interpreter is, and how well I interpret the interpreter.

Honestly, I am not sure as to what the word 'soul' is referring to by definition, ( not sure what words go with what concepts), so I cannot really break down soul into more detailed form other than it is some kind of energy.

I didn't read all the pages of this thread cause it's pretty long, forgive me if someone already said what I said.

One more thing, Choosing who you will be born as?
Let me ask you this, before you 'choose' that, did you choose what kind of Chooser you are? No offence intended, (used rolling eyes smilies to communicate my feelings, not insult), just think about it...

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But its not just nations, look at the Sudan. If individual Sudanese start "loving" they'll be killed by arab militias or die of thirst or starvation or what have you.

If they fight and flee they have at least a chance.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 43yrs • M •
Posted by DT
"But its not just nations, look at the Sudan. If individual Sudanese start "loving" they'll be killed by arab militias or die of thirst or starvation or what have you.

If they fight and flee they have at least a chance."

This whole part of the conversation should be coppied and pasted in that thread about when you sacraficed your ideals for survival...lol...

37yrs • M •
Oh I dont pretend to care about what happens to people thousands of miles away from me.

But I am saying that it is absurd to have this "love everyone, don't resist" attitude, when it so blatantly does not work and is extremely dangerous.

43yrs • M •
Yeah, everybody is doing what have too, or not. Love is definatly not a luxury you can afford to buy when someone has a gun to your head. Still, not much reason to hate either, unless the energy of hate helps you to overcome your enemy right? Just don't want to keep the hate when it is done...

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So how do we get people to stop hating and killing?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 43yrs • M •
"So how do we get people to stop hating and killing?"

Vegeto draws a blank

37yrs • M •
By making them fat dumb and happy.

46yrs • M
Na, we have to build a matrix

Its probably the only way truthfully, and its not a bad idea either, physical selves create the biggest limitations in our lives, and with machines to keep things running smoothely, we are free to do intellectual work or play (possibly while providing the renewable resources we need, its fucking genious, and we live lives of our choosing or creation for real, miserable or happy when you want or need. And its the best platform for mental development or will be once technology gets to seriously interactive virtual reality, and untill machines think better than we do, thats what we need to develop, and even once they think better than us we will be incorporating the technology into our own bodies anyway, so the cool thing is we will have a wireless completely optional at any moment type of matrix, we may need to be in place for energy collection from the system but that could be incorporated into pressure tiles that use gravity as well as various other types of energy sources currently not being utilized because of cost and technology not available and what not.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • M •
hilarius is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Together with bishop Berkeley, I can deny anything physical, even ( the reality of ) my body.

Together with the Buddha, I can deny owning anything, even my thoughts and body.

Soul is what remains when all my illusions have been taken away- and I mean ALL illusions, see above.

"Having a choice betwee life and death only is ridiculous"
 35yrs • M •
Look, as I have been saying for the past week, living a life of love dosn't mean that you don't resist opposition! If someone beats u up, despite ur pleas, beat him back, but don't let any hatred come inside you. Defend ur self, and then carry on loving. Doesn't anyone get this!

35yrs • M •
Yeah, it can be said that in essence, the true us, we are 'nothing'. You can't define the soul. What is the soul is not even a proper question. We don't 'have' a soul, we 'are' the soul. is no such thing as a 'soul', it's just a name we have given to that which is incoprehnsible to the mind, a topic that can only be felt.
The buddha etc never said talked about any 'soul', or a 'individual' being/soul. Realizng our true self is infact forgetting ourselves and our personality, and realizng we and everything around is the same.

46yrs • M
I love how much definition goes into ideas claimed to be incomprehensable, how much knowledge of them there is anyway. Curious.
Oh and I don't mean JUST you and now Angel.

37yrs • M •
Perhaps you think that Angel, Though seems to disagree.

What is the soul? - Page 12
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy