Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Hero

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hero
to be fair, i will start off by saying that my hopes for this movie may have been set a little too high. and also, i hate jet li.

this movie was a pretty big disappointment for me. the plot was extremely predictable, the characters were very one dimensional and i cared very little for any of them.

"but its an action flick!" you say.

yes, it most definately is. and i must say that it does not deliver at all. there is one fight scene which is completely amazing and so well choreogaphed that only the best of martial artists could have pulled it off. but it was one fight, and it didnt last but two minutes, which was followed by a very anti-climactic moment.

the rest of the movie had ten seconds of coolness here and there, but gave me nothing to care about nor keep me interested. by the end i was just saying to myself "yea yea i knew that was gonna happen, get on with it already" and as i was leaving the theatre i remembered "oh yea, jet li movies suck"

youll all probably disagree with me, but id take Crouching Tiger over Hero any day of the week.

6/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ever seen fist of legend? i normally hate jet li movies also, but as far as im concerned this was the best damn kung fu movie ever made. it was a remake of the chinese connection, a bruce lee classic. no overblown, dragonball z flying, walking on tree branches, catching spears in your teeth, etc, just classic fast-paced fight scenes, and a lot of them, very nice.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have not seen the movie in its entirety, but i have seen clips... and from what i have seen, i am impressed.

oh and btw, i dont really hate jet li, he seems like a really nice guy in interviews and so forth, its just that after seeing Black Mask, Romeo Must Die, Cradle to the Grave, Rise to Honor, The One, and a few others which are too horrible to remember... ive lost all respect for him.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the one was at least interesting cooler to look at and a little funny, did you ever hear how the role was meant for the ROCK, who rocked I might add in The Rundown, I haven't seen walking tall or whatever, hope it doesn't suck.

Ya, fist of legend was the good one.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Hero
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy