Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why is death so scary for ppl

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that analia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why are ppl so afraid to die i mean its probably the most natural thing of life...as soon as ur born u start to die...now granted i would greatly hate it if my kids dropped dead but for ppl that have at least lived enough to know this world is messed up it shouldn be a problem so my question is y???

"if u r afraid of death then u r afraid to live"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is the end. for some the end of everything, for some the end of this life.

it is uncontrollable, inevitable, and unavoidable.... things everyone is uncomfortable with, and this creates an unneccesary and overwhelming fear for many.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
well its not the end at least not for many ppl

54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that yes, death is natural....BUT...along with death usually comes pain. Who likes to suffer? Not me anyways.

Also sudden death is scary because we all know that there are things we still need to say, things we still need to do. If you can die with total peace in your heart, it would make death alot easier.

I'm not afraid to die. Controlling the time I die I am afraid of. I have two boys who need me for now.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point Evilia, it is not the dieing that scares me it is the time that does. I have so many things that I want to do and things I want to see that dieing is not an option right now as far as I am concerned. I just hope that when the time comes that it is fast and that pain is not a part of my death.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 41yrs • F •
that is y people need to be more open in their lives...not be so afraid to say what they really feel....and as for doin the things they need to do...well get ur butt in gear an stop regretting those things u havent done because at least when u die u can die with the relief that at least u started it. i have 3 children 2 boys and a girl....i would love to see them grow up but if i die bfore then...than so be it....at least i know that ive done the best i could for them while i was here...my daughter is only 4 mths old but she knows im sure how much i love her...my oldest definately knows it considering everytime my ex left me i was there for him no matter what....so it isnt controlling the time that u need to want its gettin ur emotions out that ur so afraid to show and at least start the things that u cant seem to get the drive to do that u feel is so important

54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I disagree with your statement Analia. I am VERY open in my life. I am not afraid by far to express the way I feel on any situation. I believe in getting it out there, and dealing with it instead of tossing it under the rug for another day. I speak my mind.

Sure if you passed today, your littlest one might know how much you loved her from what others would tell her....but your her mother, and it would effect her if you died. Also you say that your son knows how much you love him for when your ex left, you were there for him.....concider yourself his rock. Imagaine if you left him.

quote:
....i would love to see them grow up but if i die bfore then...than so be it....
I just don't get this one<<<<

There are TONS of things I want to still do in my life. Some just can't be done right this second do to situations, the fact that I am raising my kids, etc, etc. So anyway....for ME it is controlling the time. I'll have most of it done. In time.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 41yrs • F •
once i die ill know that it was my time to go that is wha i mean

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think humans fear death (or most humans) because most humans fear the unknown (A big flaw in the human mind, that strives to know as much as possible) If we knew there was life after death we certainly wouldn't be afraid of it.

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
 41yrs • F •
well isn that what faith is for???? now granted i don really have a whole lot of faith in anythin but if there wasn life after death an i jus become worm food....oh well ppl got to stop bein so worried about it cuz its gonna happen no matter what anyways

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmmmm, point noted

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
 41yrs • F •
i had my best friend shoot himself because i broke up wit him....yes i cried yes i was extremely upset but was it because he died....no...it was becuse he did it cuz of me...do i blame myself hell yeah i do but now i know never date ur best friend an ppl will do wha they will do no matter wha...also i figure i will see him again someday soon cuz life is too short an no matter wha u do can change to prolong it cuz its not the time tha makes it short its the bullshit that ppl put themselves through that make it short

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
personally, i dont know anyone who fears death. i thought about it today, and i cant think of anyone i have ever met who was actually afraid of death. i do recall a conversation with someone in elementary school who was afraid of death, but they have since changed their mind and now embrace it.

i think children fear it more often because they arent as familiar with it as older folk.

if we all knew their was a life after death, wed all be dead. especially if it was the type of afterlife that the christian religeon speaks of.... perhaps thats why there is that "no killing yourself" rule....

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
even as a child i didn fear death actually ive seen it all around me as i was growin up. ive seen the most god awful ways ppl die tha u could imagine and yet i was not afraid....im happy to hear tha the ppl u know and have known haven been scared tha shows courage.....

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Attachment feeling.. its hard to let go of what your used to (people, home, [place, things that you got attached to..) but i look at it like this energy, and matter cant be created or destroyed so i presume "your" next energy form will be used to and attached to that and couldnt give a fuck about your human life, like right now on our past.. when your born youtr crying, when your young world= scary why cause your not attqached to it yet... so right now as were in this current state of existance wee will play our roles by fearing death in order to keep things intackt, otherwise everyone would just kill themsleves.. god= we cant accpet were not sure what happens to us when we die (heaven)=satisfym mabe but i think next energy form to attached... so what u guys were saying about do what you want to not regret" WELL STILL TO "YOUR" NEXT form IT WONT MATTER ANYWAY... IT JUST MATTERS TO YOU NIW (in this life existance) your next energy wont care, if you wanted to impress someone, there gonna die aswell as you anyway., so probaly only matters in thias life what you wisdh to fullfill..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy