The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother. - Jules
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why is death so scary for ppl - Page 4

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PIGGZY is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
being serious i am not scared i think the whole concept of death is just purerly overrated think of it like bingo when your number is up its up

"i am a coconut short of a banana tree"
 31yrs • M •
Forseti is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
(Note I stopped reading the thread after the first page, sorry if I'm repeating what has been said)

I don't believe anyone is truly afraid of death in itself. More the manner in which they die, and the impact which they will leave on the world once they are gone.

To me, one of the most frightening things about dying is that I will have no impact in the world. Once my kids have died, my grandkids, once everyone I ever knew has died, what will be left to show my existence? I will be nothing more than a gravestone among a million gravestones, nothing more than a faded picture in an unopened photo album.

Wow I got a little deep there for me
But to sum it up, for me death in itself is nothing to fear, but the feeling of being ''a nobody'' is where the fear emanates.

Another fear of course is the fear of a painful death. No one wants to drown, or be stabbed. But in general I think the overwhelming feeling of leaving no mark on the world is a far worse pain than a few seconds/minutes of physical pain.

Overall I don't think people actually fear death itself. Of course, some people do but in my opinion most people fear the things I outlined above. People fear death itself more out of naiivity or immaturity than deep emotional fear. Once you mature a little you should start to understand that death in itself is a natural thing.

"''Before you know the world, you must know yourself''"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
death is the unkown, our minds are almost pre-programmed to fear the unknown, and it is after all the the worst outcome for our survival instincts. secondly, death is an activity that can only truely be done alone, you may have people around you yes but in the end it is you floating towards the illusion of light set in the back of your retna. It is the end for all things, with age regret seems to weigh more and more, knowing that such shuch thing may not ever be justified or expressed is another concerne and for you religious zealots out there, the fear of heal, torture beyond your wildest, dreams or as close as they could come to since say the spanish inquisition. Booo haha

"all you know is all you know"
why is death so scary for ppl - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy