Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why is death so scary for ppl - Page 3

User Thread
 32yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Arcanum is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't fear death as much as I fear life.
There are a million and one ways you can screw your life up.
When you die, that's it. Woohoo, end of story, Far from the Madding Crowd.

But If you hurled a Huge Thing at my head tomorrow I'd duck. Why? Because it's the natural instinct of self preservation. Because as much as I fear life, life has fruits so sweet we all toil and strive for. And it is because of all these thigns we haven't done that people don't want to die. And that there are many fruits of life they have yet to reap.

I also agree with a poster that it is often religion that imprints grotesque images of death that scare people.

"Some men are wise. Others are otherwise."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is because they don't want to lose what they have.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cause it's a bummer that's why!
everyone has his own Godot and death would be very inappropriate cause theres more waitng to do. So it's a question of timing mainly. Lucky are those who wait for nothing, it is always the perfect moment to die for them.
Maybe death is Godot himself but that will be a bummer too, cause we have to see him while in the flesh. we need bodies to contain the happiness that we could experience. To sum it up...we are waiting to live

heres something for cheerin' up
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"
time-Pink Floyd

=) oh well... it's all funny but i know i wont be the last one laughing

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just the other day an argument of mine escalated to 5 cop cars and a helicopter...

all i could think to say to the cops was ~

Nice tight pants, wish i had a job where i got to where such nice tight pants everyday...

don't think i'm afraid of the dying... more easily accused of being afraid of living at a level that even remotely parallels what i know ~ and am capable of...

paz'

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 33yrs • F •
Breanne is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that sometimes not knowing what lies ahead causes the greatest fear among people. If we all had perfect knowledge, there would be nothing to fear. Nobody knows anything of after death because nobody has been able to learn about it.

Also pain seems to be a great fear among people. Nobody wants to hurt. Will death hurt?

I've always thought that I was never afraid of death... I mean, it is natural. But I suppose the detachment from loved ones, causing them to mourn, and all this on top of the uncertainty and question of pain doesn't seem to be the jolliest walk in the park.

""If the human mind were simple enough to understand, we would be too simple to understand it.""
 35yrs • M •
NeoSober is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You can give 101 reasons why death is feared. From what I have seen younger people (18-30) have defined positions to themselves and the same with 30-60. When some one hits about 60 they seem to come to terms. After that long you have seen and done enough. Every post in here is right. It depends on how you were raised, grew up and religion. religion always seems to play a big part and they are the main ones concerned with the whole hell thing. Its people like me that don't really care one way or the other. Death is coming i know that and will welcome him/her when it comes. I will not fight, Im looking forward to finnally being able to rest and take a breath from this unsatisfactory life and crumbling world. But Im not looking for it. Dont really care what happens after death. HELL- eternity of pain, ( not like i haven't felt enough pain already) and for those of you that say "you have no idea what the devil can do. Yes I do... everything but kill me agian i think i can get use to whatever he has to offer over the next 50000 years Heaven- To good to be true (why hope when Ive had nothing but let downs from gods who were supposed to take care of me? hope kills...) And a new one that Ive heared is the scary "stuck in LIMBO"- Isnt that what earth is? in between? So i guees im getting preparred Its that easy to come to terms with death. But as stated in previous post my life shaped me into this train of thought.

""why""
 39yrs • M •
Bucky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

I found many of these replies... Amusing, some distressing and some scary. Though I did not read them all...

I share with you now my answer to the question, though first I will share some proverbs.

The only thing certain in life, is death and taxes.
Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

For those who fear sudden death and don't know when to say what needs to be said. I recommend you live life now and say all there is to be said. For those that fear pain or suffering, there is always falling to sleep an old person and not waking up. At least not in this life.

People fear death because they don't know what comes next. They have spent a lifetime gaining knowledge, following rules and living within a comfort zone when they can. People follow religions to make death easier. Some follow none - possibly because they fear hell. Some people choose not to think on it at all.
People.
They fear death because mankind as a collective fear that which they do not know. Fear of not knowing is the scariest thing about death.

Whether it's how, when, where or what happens next. It is not knowing that makes everyone fear death. That makes it so scary.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SUPERBEAST is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OH!!! bucky, that was very well put and if didn't already put proverbs like that, i would of.

everyboy's veiws are all right hear, though i wuold have to say some people just can't accept the cruel inevitability of dying sometimes, therefore people may turn to religion so they can go to 'heaven'
personally i think there is no afterlife, just...nothing

"i wanna hurt you just to hear you screamin' my name"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gazbollokface is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
HA! Sod you guys! I'm so going to Asgard when I pass!
Live and die by the blade and all that shit!

I also think that the afterlife is what you've always imagined it to be so that's my theory! Think hard on that and I'll see you in Valhalla!

"People like me hate people like you!"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ParallelShabba is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religion, TV, Advertisements everything like that is what makes us fear death, not that I'm scared as such but everything we fear about it comes from the ideas that we go to hell which is just insanity in my opinion. TV has done this aswell by picturing people dying in horrible ways or they are trapped in hell or some other place like that. In my opinion after we die thats it no more e're safe away from the harshness of life itself and we can at last rest

"If you try to fix violence with violence you do nothing but create violence"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm totally scared of dying and why not. It's arguably the end, life is precious no matter how bad or good its return. I would argue that religion would be a pro to not fearing death same with TV in that TV's a distraction and religion would be a hope of a second or a peaceful life. I would say religion only puts fear into individuals who lack religion to scare them of death.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 31yrs • M •
Not necesarrily because religion tells you that if you do certain things wrong then your going to hell no matter what and thats scarier than death and TV gives all these images of death and the fact that everyone in the world is dying of all these different diseases it just makes the fact of death a hell of alot scarier because its not old age anymore its aids or cancer or heart disease or something like that.

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PIGGZY is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
pehaps meeting up with my ex the infamous rob zombie who plagued me in life as well here in death

"i am a coconut short of a banana tree"
 36yrs • F •
fortuity88 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It is true 10 out of 10 people die, but without the fear of death we could never fully live.

"Pleasure or Necessity?"
 31yrs • M •
good point but if you don't fear death dsoes that mean you don't actually live?

why is death so scary for ppl - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy