Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Business Ideas

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Business Ideas
You guys ever have an idea that you are so 110% sure that you could make tonnes of money but you are not sure if the chance of taking the risk is worth it?

I have an idead that I want to do SO BAD, and I am so sure that it would succed. But I need to stake everything on it.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
go for it, life is one big risk anyway.

when i was in sixth grade, i came up with a sheet cover that made a noise that only animals could here when you sat on it (thus keeping them off of whatever you put it on, ie - furnature)... a couple years later i saw an infomercial for this exact product.... dont think its made "millions" or anything, but i would have liked to have gotten the patent.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Doing it on the side wont quite cut it. I dunno, maybee I could start out doing it on the side. Boy am I torn about shit like this. I see the support around me form friends and family but my problem I guess is failure.........

I have the whole busniness setup in my head, I have a location picked.......I have the shop setup........I have the market picked........I have the products selected..... I have the marketing scheme down.......do I have the balls............?

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What about starting it out on the side and slowly as it works out moving it to more full time. Slowly get completely into your buisness. Just a thought.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firebird, I like the fact that you are so gungho about this idea and if you are that determined that it will be a success then I think you should go for it. I have had a few of those ideas myself and have kicked myself in the ass when I have not followed through with it and then someone else takes it. So personnally I think GO FOR IT!

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the trades it is not unusual to find side work but generally in the field you are working in so the boss tends not to like the competition or fear they will steal material , etc. for their work.
This is generally a word of mouth type growth which isn't as competitive as a full blown operation's need to promote through advertizing. Which drives up the cost to provide volume. This side line is conducive to home based business, where a telephone (business line) and a desk are generally all they need with a truck & tools being necessary for their regular job & material is moved from wholesaler to job & installed.
As you stated you have a site in mind I would think it doesn't fall into that catagory. Does opening the doors of side line business work within normal working hour on the job (allowing for rest & sleep)? A friend once told me to start a business you better have the financial backing to run in the red for at least 12 to 18 months (being conservative est. time)?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Business Ideas
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy