Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Hello from the Middle East - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Either way, you should not be carrying a gun in Iraq. If you do not know why you are there, or believe you are there for the wrong reasons, you are a hired thug."
But not everyone here thinks American boys are out there to fuck over the Iraqis.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The Main goal for us coming here in the 1st place was to free the Iraqi people from the Oppression being imposed by Saddam. That I supported, i dont believe we came here for oil like most people believe.

I seem to remember something about WMD's & ties with Terrorist, etc were the justifications for the War in Iraq?
But then may be you joined after we found those to be lies?
quote:
Same with Afghanistan, to free the people from Taliban oppression.
Funny thing if you had been there freeing them from the Soviet oppression then the Taliban would not have fought & died there to do so & then you would not have had to destroy them (Taliban)?
quote:
i dont believe we came here for oil like most people believe.
Bush Now Saying 'We Will Win' Terror War
August 31, 2004 02:44 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - President Bush said Tuesday "we will win" the war on terror, seeking to quell controversy and Democratic criticism over his earlier remark that victory might not be possible.

In a speech to the national convention of the American Legion, Bush said, "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win."

That statement differed from Bush's earlier comment, aired Monday in a pre-taped television interview, that "I don't think you can win" the war on terror. That had Democrats running for the cameras to criticize Bush for being defeatist and flip-flopping from previous predictions of victory.

U.S. Jets Fire on Afghan Village; 12 Dead
KABUL, Afghanistan - U.S. warplanes bombed an Afghan village in the heat of a battle between U.S.-led forces and insurgents, killing more than a dozen people and striking the camp of Danish relief group.
We were having gas prices lowered but they will probably be higher by the time you get back . . . Good Luck & I hope you make it back & in one piece.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm glad that you're getting some appreciation from Iraqis. I'm not there, but I've been visiting Iraqi.net. It's a pretty evenly mixed bag. Some really hate us, and some really do love us. Fundamentalists always tend to be very dramatic. A statue is being shipped to the states done up by an Iraqi Artist and it portrays a U.S. Marine knelling down in prayer. Very nice indeed. I would hope that after we leave, those who do love us will convince those who hate us to change their mind, but I doubt it. Some will disagree with me, but I've studied it, and according to their religion we are bad guys, and they are a very religious people.

BMX - I am against the war, have been since before it started. But - I know YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN IT. Otherwise you will not be able to do your job safely. So you believe in yourself, believe in what you are doing, watch your back and stay safe. When you get home and the dust settles, then we can logically sit down and talk about whether it was right or wrong.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Hello from the Middle East - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy