It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the time of happiness it was the time of sadness. - Samwell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

interratial relationship... but wait, there's

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
BlueEyedGal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ok, so i met this great guy, and he's warm, friendly, loving, just the best (all that, an a bag of chips... we both share the same beleifs/interests, and i was thinking of telling him how i feel about him. he happens to be mexican (me, caucasion), but i have no problem w/ this( unless there's a rule in the bible, that im overlooking, cuz i like him so much), so it should be a good idea to tell him.........well, anyhoot, what i didn't mention first off, is that i met him at my family reunion- because he's my cousin! well, wouldn't it be wierd to go out w/ your own cousin? that's what i thought, but then it might be ok, then again, cuz he's also adopted into the family, so there's no bloodlines that we share!

i still wanna go for it, but im scared a little, i don't want to make my family mad @ me, what should i do?
N E thoughts? lemme know.

thanks a bunch,
ammy
[i]

"I hate quoations. Tell me what you know... ~Emerson"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
definately talk to him before anyone else about it... thats a tough situation but if you go about it the right way it could probably work out...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
BlueEyedGal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thanks sooo much for your input, i didn't know who to ask! now i just hafta figure out how i should go about telling him- and before he goes to college, besides.....as you can see im not that experienced when it comes to relationships.......any ideas would be very much appriciated help!

i'll pray it over,
ammy

42yrs • F •
Hey Ammy... you know your family best so you should have an idea of how they might react to you dating him. If they're open, they'll accept it. But I agree with Wyote, definately talk to to the guy first, if the feelings are mutual, you could reach upon a decision together. If he likes you too, then perhaps just start hanging out together, get to know each other more, to determine if there is really something there before telling your folks. Hope that helps.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 35yrs • F •
well, see,the thing is, i've never really had a bf/gf relationship .....iguess i have jus been holdin' out for the 'right one'. yeah, i can't really tell if my folks would go fer sumthing like this, but hey, there's a first time for everthing! did i mention that he lives out-of-state? well, call me crazy, but chatting back an forth w/ e-mails kinda lets me get to know him on a deeper more in-tuned level......i think i am crazy! so, i think i'll jus wait another day or so, an think it over (as if that would help, but who knows) stranger things have happened, right? hhhhhhmmmmmmm.......
many thanks-ta-yous,
ammy

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My appologies in advance cause you prolly wont like me for this....

I have no doubt in my mind that it is a bad idea.... Lets not touch the fact right now that he's your cousin, but long distance relationships are hard enough as it is.

Now let's say you two do hook up and in a few years are still together and want to marry and have kids. FIRST of all, It's illigal for family to marry, and there is a MUCh higher persent rate that your children will have problems.

I know that personally I could never be intimate like that with my cousins.

Bu this is your issue, and you have to chose what you want to do. This is only my opinion.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
umm, I just reread your post and I didnt realise that he was adopted. But I guess youa ll know my opinion on hookin' up with a cousin now.

Im really sorry 'bput that.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes when you tell someone how you feel, you end up scaring them away and messing the whole thing up. Just shut up and go with it. Were ever it takes you is were should be.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 33yrs • F •
Eternal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I know its too late to give u advice n all coz u prolly dun sumthing already. I just wanna say that long distance relations are not hard to keep if you love each other, trust each other and are faithful to each other. i got a friend who lives here and is going out with a girl in London for about a year.

The next is you two are not blood relations so it doesnt matter if you two go as far as getting married n havin children. there are loads of people around the world who have married there cousins and even to the extent of brother and sisters.

"Live life as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy