Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. - Archimedes
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is anyone else disgusted by this?

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Video Shows 9/11 Hijackers' Security Check
WASHINGTON (AP) Some of the hijackers who crashed a jetliner into the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001, twice set off alarms as they passed through metal detectors that morning at Washington Dulles International Airport, but security screeners did not appear to question them about utility knives investigators believe they were carrying as part of the takeover plot, according to newly disclosed surveillance video. The video represents the only footage known to exist showing any of the Sept. 11 hijackers boarding their final flights that fateful morning. It shows most of the hijackers in Washington were pulled aside to undergo additional scrutiny after alarms went off at metal detectors but then were permitted to board American Airlines Flight 77.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally have not seen this video footage and am appauled that the security personnel knew that those people were a threat and yet did not stop them.

Since 9/11 you have to have the bottom of your shoes checked, pockets emptied, etc. I wish they had thought of all this before the hijackings.

People say that God has a plan and that everything happens for a reason, well I am still not sure what his plan was for those people or what his reason but I can definitely tell you that I do not agree with it.

I think that we need to march over to Iran and Iraq and just kill them all and start over. Well maybe not all of them but the mass majority as they are still a threat to us and we are suppose to be unstoppable. HA

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 58yrs • F •
No not Nazi. Just think that if you are in America you should speak English as a primary language, you should learn our customs and practice them a little more and not push your beliefs and such on everyone. I also believe that since I was not a slave and do not own slaves that the African Americans should just get over it.

I read something George Carlin wrote and said recently and it totally applied as far as I am concerned. If you don't like the way things are done here in America then go back to where your ancestors are from.

I myself am German, English, Polish, etc. but consider myself a full blooded American as I am not afraid to admit when we are wrong and that my ancestors did things that were wrong but don't hold me responsible and on the flip side of that don't hold my kids responsible for something I have done.

Does this all make sense?

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I am not afraid to admit when we are wrong and that my ancestors did things that were wrong but don't hold me responsible and on the flip side of that don't hold my kids responsible for something I have done.

Isn't that what you are doing when you say

quote:
I think that we need to march over to Iran and Iraq and just kill them all and start over. Well maybe not all of them but the mass majority as they are still a threat to us

Blaming the mass majority of muslums for the attacks on 9/11 and wanting to punish even those who were not involved?

quote:
you should learn our customs and practice them a little more and not push your beliefs and such on everyone.

I agree here to a point. If you are not an American and/or speak English you should learn English and speak it. However that is so that you can get around in public and aren't forcing someone to have to not help you or something. Speak your own language all you want, but when you need to deal with someone who doesn't speak your language you should be able to speak theirs. That goes in my opinion for everyone no matter where they live or visit, including Americans who go to Mexico or some other country where English is not the primary language.

As for learning and practicings our customs, isn't that what you are trying to do is "push our customs and beliefs on them"? People no matter who or where should be allowed to practice their own customs how ever they choose, as long as it doesn't go to the point of killing or hurting others.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Now that everyone has destroyed my topic.........ah hem......Yeah, I know that it shouldn't be that surprising that that could happen, there are alot of ways we are
still vunerable but the point is that if it was not for negligence we would not have lost those people, and we wouldn't be losing more people in Bush War right now.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Frankly I am really disgusted by cow girls attitude. I mean jugjing by her attitude, someone please tell what is the difference between the attitude of a terrorist and her's? Both what to kill innocent people, withought any valid reason. Disgusted, thats all I can say.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
ok, coming back to the topic...
Ofcourse, the negliance on part of the secuirity could be because of a number of reasons, ranginf from the 'bush factor' to eveb bribes.

58yrs • F •
I do not want to kill innocent people I just think that our souldiers are fighting to keep us free and to protect all that we believe in. So if you come to the United States and become a citizen then you also should practice some of our beliefs and at least be able to speak the language.

I can not stand it when someone says something about the ways things are run here and how bad things are and that if they were back in thier own country things would be different. Well then go back to your old country or shut up about it.

I also think that the words "In God We Trust" should be on everything as that is what the United States was founded under. God and freedom of religion were the main reasons the United States were founded. The pledge of alligence has the words "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" for a reason.

I am pretty opinionated on this subject and feel that many people died on 9/11 for no reason. I also think that the United States needs to spend more time and effort dealing with the homelessness, poverty and abuses going on here and not in other nations.

35yrs • M •
Yes, sure american soldiers are fighting to protect the country etc, but remember, ther are not fighting against the Iraqies or against aghanistan, they are figthing against terrorists. Thats all I wanted to clear up.
Regarding whats wrong or whats right with the states, that needs a seperate thread.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, Wes I hear you, As I was talking on the phone with a friend about the Farenheit 911 movie. He mentioned all the air port security saying it hasn't produced anything. So I said something about the guy with the sneakers, his reply they didn't catch the sneakers, it was the smell of burnt matches that got him caught.
Caught for the price of a 99 cent Bic lighter!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy