Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

scariest movie

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
scariest movie
anybody ever really been scared by a movie? i've seen some horror flicks that i thought were very good, but never any that really scared me that i can recall. in my opinion, the scariest movie ever made was willie wonka (lol)--i just realized the other day that those umpa loompas used to scare the pants off me when i was like five, and i used to have nightmares about them and everything. no other movie ever effected me that much. anybody else have a similar experience with a movie?

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Poltergeist. it is probably mostly due to the fact that i saw it when i was such a wee little lad, but i watched it just a few years ago again and it was very... disorienting... thats the only word i can really use. and when i found out that the little girl in the movie died... well that gave me the heebie jeebies too.

i think that movie made a lot of people have an absurd fear of mirrors for a good while.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The scariest movie I ever saw was the 1955 movie "Night of the Hunter" with Robert Mitchum and Shelly Winters. I had nightmares about that film for years. It was the first time I'd ever seen the 'love & hate' tatoos on someone's fingers and the idea of a minister being so evil in a time when we were all a lot less cynical and more trusting made it even worse. Monsters never scared me because monsters do what monsters do. When we show the 'monsters' inside humans, that is always scarier. You can't tell the good guys from the bad guys until it is too late.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Blairwitch Project scared me. I camp alot, and I have seen some wierd stuff way the heck out in the woods, in the middle of nowhere. Scary.

Jaws is another one.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it was the original House On Haunted Hill from 1959 that has scared me the most out of any movie, but I must have been 5 or 6 years old when I saw it. I could barely finish it.

squatteam - That's such a classic. I watched it in the day time not really thinking it was a scary movie, and that minister still creeped me out.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Silent Night Deadly Night scared the hell outta me when I first saw it, and Blair Witch project did too, I have to admit.
Aracniphobia(sp) and spider/bug movies like that tend to make me stay fully clothed when I sleep so that I don't get bit or crawled on.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LMAO @ Decius, calm down man, its okay there not really here, he he he. I know you mean though, the creepiest part to me was at the end....standing in the corner....

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 38yrs • F •
clarence is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the sequal to the blair witch project totally threw, it was much scarier than the first, also the ring and texas chain saw masacres.. i couldnt actually get through the whole thing of texas chain saw masacres i had to skip it to the end to see the resolution.... also the exorsist isnt necesarily a scary movie but the concept of it certainly is

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that username is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cannibal Holocaust scared the shit out of me. it was not spooky just rilly gory

""to start press any key", "whers th"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that username is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but i have to admit Blair Witch was pretty scary just not unuff for the scaryst or eny thing

""to start press any key", "whers th"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for me it would probably be The Ring(1 and 2).i was paranoid for about a week after i saw each one.i would go to brush my teeth an i would bend over to spit and i was always scared that when i bent back up that Samara would be staring at me through the mirror......brrrr......

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I saw American Werewolf in London when I was 9 years old and walked out of the movies and it scared me for weeks. I was also afraid of the original Jaws seeing it around the same age. Even on land I was afraid of that big shark.

As an adult no movie has ever sacred me.

Except Blair Witch.

Most people I know complained they didn't like the camera jerking around or that they didn't get what was so scary about it.

Perhaps its their lack of imagination that causes them to say this.

The movie doesn't go in for all out gore. Gore in movies is so not realistic anyway.

This movie did something that most movies dont.

It used the viewers own imagination to scare themselves. The imagination is always 1000 times scarier than the real thing. And the bigger the imagination- the bigger the fear when watching Blair Witch.

I watched it late one night by myself and was so afraid to go to sleep straight after. I felt like I was being watched. Like there was someone in the house with me.

It was that sense of being watched which really scared me. These poor suckers who you know are going to die, being prey for something impossible to fight against and slowly stalked and played with, then gruesomely killed.

Even to this day I feel as if Im being watched when I think of the movie.

I would like to watch it again because my memory of the film is slowly fading. But I want to go camping one of these days and it would be impossible to go out into the wilderness and pitch a tent with that feeling fresh in my mind.

Number two sucked. And showed just how originality and creativity is screwed over to get a few more tickets sold. It went totally mainstream and watered down. Like so many original films and/or directors that go big in Hollywood.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The creepiest movie I have ever seen

OMG DECIUS, The first time I watched that movie, I was over my friends house and we watched it ending just after midnight and I HAD TO WALK HOME in the pitch black cause there were no street lights on our street.

I honestly thought I was going to die that night XD! like from a heart attack of fear alone. worst feeling everrr

I was about 12 mind you

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
scariest movie
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy