We end up taking a one-way flight to a deserted island we've created for ourselves and in our minds. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Existentialism - Page 2

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well that depends on what you think god is.
if it's nothingness, and 'god' is a thing, then i don't see how you could call nirvana oneness with god--unless you're saying that god is nothingless or something.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it really does come down to what your personal beilefs are. the "absence of everything" could be interpreted as "god" but not the same god in which christians believe.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You feel the presence of God and at the same time don't. God is not the appropriate word, because it has been misused so much over the years. When you say God, some kind of mental image forms in your mind.
It's like a presence. When you attain nirvana, basically you are not a separate enity, you and the universe are one. The first stage is getting in touch with yoursef. The second step is feeling a connectness with everything in the universe, and the third step is 'being' the universe.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
case and point.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who said anything about magic?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of cousre theres a reasion for everything.. you may not like thee reason or say "theres no reason for that ex:fighting" but there is a reason for you saing ther is no reaosn (casue you dint like the reson) you thought this because of that influence.. your tone of voice influenced by volcal cords, what you say influenced every aspect of what you or anything does is influenced.. so do we hacve free will NO!!! but that doesnt mean i diont do what i want to do that doesnt mean it sont feel free (cause human brain cant analyze all the factors into how why he did something as hes doing it!! or even after cause the brains so private (but thro parctise you can (i can) i stop myself just for the hell of it and think why did i just think of this and realized it was cause by another link cjhain of thought .. everything links chain flow of influences which boucne of each other causeing an inevitalblwe flow to occuar

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • M •

40yrs • M •
word up, you know the deal.. and yea theres reason for every action which you can call an action reaction (part of cycle back n forth) reason= lets say chemical brain "action" causing you to take outside action (which can be looked at as a reaction to your chemiacl action.. and lets say your outside "reaction" can (as usually is) called "action" causeing a reaction.. mabe ill think of it more.. cause the action can also be looked at as reaction and vise versa (like what came first chiken or eagg) similar

40yrs • M •
word up, you know the deal.. and yea theres reason for every action which you can call an action reaction (part of cycle back n forth) reason= lets say chemical brain "action" causing you to take outside action (which can be looked at as a reaction to your chemiacl action reacting from senses which acted on other influences and so on back n forth.. and lets say your outside "reaction" can (as usually is) called "action" causeing a reaction.. mabe ill think of it more.. cause the action can also be looked at as reaction and vise versa (like what came first chiken or eagg) similar

35yrs • M •

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, but on the other side: SomeOne strikes you, the normal reaction is to strike back, but if you stop yourself then it is an action, not reaction?
The woman slaps the man, his reaction is to slap her back.
The cue strikes the cue ball =>reaction the ball moves; => action the cue ball strikes a billard ball

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •

35yrs • M •

Existentialism - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy