Playing the drums is like making love, playing fast will make those who have never done it amazed, but pointless to those who have. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

There will never be a timemachine.

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that timemachine is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think this because, if it was to exist, it would already exist. I think that humans would be smart enough to travel back in time and teach early man the knowledge of today ( or the knowledge of the year 5000 ) .
If this invention was invented, but kept on the hush , hush, I think over the infiniti years it has to travel ,someone would have let the cat out of the bag. ( or someone will let the cat out of the bag yesterday ).
I think this theory is correct, but I hate the fallen hope of time travel. ANY INPUT ?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that protege is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is dependant on the many laws which need to be bend/broken for time travel to actually work in practice. Eg: travelling faster than the speed of liget, bending space-time...

Perhaps the people of the future, if I follow your logic, don't want to disrupt the past at all, so their present isn't disrupted/destroyed. Just think what would happen if the inventor was your great great great grandson, and he came back in time and accidentally killed you. No time machine, therefore, you never died.

If a person could be completely removed from their own time and exist in a previous epoch, then perhaps the aforementioned paradox wouldn't even exist.

Who knows. A time machine is theoretically possible, but in practice, who knows.

""In the beginning, Man created God""
 42yrs • M •
I think if this invention was possible, it would be like the flame, knowing its heat but still getting burned

42yrs • M •
I also think that the " speed of light " is where the logic of time travel takes a wrong turn. I think that it has something to do with channeling of light.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that protege is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Checked over old essays and found: actual travel into a previous time, in which your physical form is transported, is less feasable.
If one could travel faster than the speed of light, a person could, in theory, see the past. As sight IS light, and if light is constantly emitted/reflected, it travels away from everything at a constant speed. If a person could catch up to these radiating light waves, then they could see what had happened in the past - like actually being there.
They'd need to be in a position that the light-waves were travelling towards to actually see them, and would need to get sufficiently far away from earth to see any distance into the past at all. Many many lightyears.

""In the beginning, Man created God""
 42yrs • M •
I agree, but im saying , if you could redirect " light " to travel back to where the light began ( creating a loop ) then there would be no need for speed.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For time travel to work, the future would have to always exist before the past. In fact, all possibilites would have to be present, thus eliminating the whole concept of time.

But earlier, there was a forum saying time does not exist, right?

So here is my theory. Actually, it is more of a cool idea for a science fiction.
All possibilities exist at the same time. Like photographs of the entire universe in one instant. Every infinite moment exists at the same time. Time is just the rate of change that our conscious mind travels from one possiblity to another. Now, it seems like a steady flow of change because of the choices we make are logical to our minds. Our minds bind us to the reality of the universe and logical choices and what not.
Our hearts, in a sense of saying, do the choosing for us. That is why we do not obtain the reality that we would like. Our hearts are sometimes dependant on the reality. Our hearts know doubts and such. But the faith ties into choosing to flow to possibilities that are ridiculos. Like those moving mountains? That is just chosing to be in the possibility where the mountain moves.
And after saying that, time travel is possible by making jumps from one possibility to another, as they all exist at the same time.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 42yrs • M •
that painted a pretty cool picture in my head. I visioned the rest of my life, from that moment on, as frame by frame pictures begining left ending right. My conscous mind holding the remote.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, just break the boundaries of all doubt, and you could do whatever you wanted

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Considering the forum debate that time isnt an inherent quality already built into the universe, then the only notion of time for me is distance, and how much further we would have to rotate through space for us to evolve into beings light and durable enough to travel through a vacuum, to the neighbouring galaxy, if you could travel faster than the speed of light in theory you would be able to travel through time I think, but if you travelled back would you not end up in the future thats considering time as a loop, and not just a straight path on and on, I mean where is time i'm sat here now and five minutes ago I was sat here, I havent moved but the earth has and all the planets but they are all rotating around each other due to the effects of the gravitational force the electromagnetic force the strong force and the weak force [salute master jedi] but i'm not rotating around anything, if I am it must be invisible or unknown to me, all the molecules that make me up are rotating around a nucleus, are galaxies rotating around galaxies, if you did turn time back wouldnt the whole 3 dimensional space time structure travel back and not just your personal instance of it.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time travel is only possible in two conditions. One, that life is pre-determined, or if there exist different 'dimesnsions', like elemental said. There are an infinite number of dimensions, with an infinite number of all possible combinations.

Regarding what Elemental said about the photographs of the entire universe in one instant, it has been discussed in a little more detail in the thread 'speed of time'.
In other words, what this means is that veiwing 'everything', is like vewing a ruler.We, bound by limitations, will veiw the ruler one inch at a time, but God, may view the whole of the ruler, togather, from the above.

So basically, Time travel is not possible, if Life is not pre determined, or if there don't exist infinite dimensions, with an infinite number of you and me living life in all possible ways.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time Travel
It could be possible.... One thing about time travel in all the sci fi who ever travels back or forth in time seems anchored to there locality- why is that? If you move back in time and are anchored instead to some absolute point in the universe then where you were may not be there anymore and chances are that you would be standed somewhere in the void of space as the earth, galaxies and unverse itself are moving. But any wat that totally wreaks the fantastic qualities of time travel.
perhaps there is also some sort of time police keeping everything staight.
But in my opinion it is impossible at least to move backward in time.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • M •
creeper is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would have to say that Time Travel isn't ture because if it is then that means that life is predeterminded if thats ture then that means we have no choice in life and i just dont like that...

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't like getting ill, but that doesn't mean I won't

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If the perfect movement was found which is stopping, you wouldn't want to go anywhere. God sees the future along with our own eyes, and knows along with our knowing, the future doesn't exist until we make it exist. The past doesn't exist until we remember! So basically the only thing there is to our knowing is the present, and 'Being'. Time as you guys have understood is not an actuallity...there's no such thing as time, distance, or any medium of measurement. Measuring is a means of control, and if you're controlled by nothing then you're free, and freedom only comes after everything ceases. So if you 'could' move as fast as the speed of light, you wouldn't because llight doesn't move, it just is!

"Being is not knowing!"
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy