Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Tips and Tricks of Life?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
dragon slayre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Tips and Tricks of Life?
I just had a thought, I don't know what kind of people come to this site, but maybe some people have tips and tricks on living, remembering things, feeling refreshed, recongnising emotions, reading people like a book? Maybe No-one has any, but if you do, please share the knowledge with others.

"You wouldn't exist without me -myself"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
never go to sleep mad at anything or anyone, if you do then the next day will probably end up being an unpleasant one.

if you are talking to a woman that is sitting next to you and she crosses her legs so that her top leg is going in your direction, then she is most likely interested in you or whatever you are talking about.

if a man plays with his socks while talking to you then he is probably interested in you.

a good way for me to remember things is to convert whatever it is i am trying to remember in to things that are funny, i remember humorous things very well for some reason.
this is a stupid example, but way back in elm. school when i was memorizing the states and capitals i thought of Michigan as a "machine gun" and Lansing as a "lance" so ive always remebered it.... also the capital of Oman is Muskat and the way i remember that is i say "Oh man! a muskrat!" in my head.... but my geography teacher told me that one.

im sure this method wont work for many people

a good way to tell if a person is lying is to look for "micro expressions" ... not sure if anyone is familar with these, but basically its a fraction of a second where the persons face spazzes out. once youve seen it a few times you can catch a lot of peoples lies. it takes a long time to truly master how to recognize these but there are a lot of books out there about it... its a useful skill.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If any1 has a dumb reason (sometimes any reason) for doing something, think it through because they probably have had a alternate reason for doing so!!

Dont tell people what to do, ask them questions and make it look like they thought of it themselves

NEVER GIVE UP!!

EDIT: Spelling errors >.<

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Be careful of reading people like a book they are not written in any language known, you might be writing the page yourself, on remembering things learn not to forget, or write it down, or do it before you forget, recognising emotion's is one thing, knowing your correct to assume a certain reaction is another, tips on living, well live your life to the full once you know how you are going to get the means to, then learn everything you can, earn and save as much as you can so you can retire early, decide on it first and keep at it, travel and enjoy.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that uneasy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy.
-Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin's 13 Virtues

1. TEMPERANCE. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
2. SILENCE. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
3. ORDER. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
4. RESOLUTION. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
5. FRUGALITY. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
6. INDUSTRY. Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
7. SINCERITY. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
8. JUSTICE. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
9. MODERATION. Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
10. CLEANLINESS. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation.
11.TRANQUILLITY. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
12. CHASTITY. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
13. HUMILITY. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Never stop learning.
Despair is death.
If you're down to your last dollar, buy an ice cream and cheer up. What can you do with a dollar?
Make friends along the way.
Leave your friends along the way, you don't need excess baggage in your travels.
If it feels good, do it. If it feels really good, do it again.
Don't worry about getting caught, both you and God know you did it and you're the only two that count.
Never, under any circumstance, lie to yourself. And if you do, never believe it...it is a lie!
The key to 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' isn't what you know, it is knowing what you don't know.
Be 100% honest with your spouse. If you can't be, get rid of him/her now and find one you can be honest with.
Nice guys may finish last, but who wants to be weighed down by a bunch of colored ribbons anyway? They're just one more thing to throw away as you travel on.
My fat ass is fatter than yours. Be proud of what you've got.
Always let envy lead you to do better.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Don't let a smile be your umbrella - you look like a fool out grinning in a rain storm.
Find YOUR person. Don't settle for less. Think above your dick.
Lust is what should make you get out of bed in the morning, and get back into it at night.
Complacency is the most dangerous drug known to man.
You are the only one you need to please. Please that person and you'll be happy.
Sex is one of life's tools. Remember to keep your tools clean.
Learn to listen. A good listener is a great communicator.
If you aren't the most important person in the world, who is?
Get your priorities straight. A dead hero is still dead.
Always try to leave with your tact intact.
Moonbeams and moonshine are both intoxicating.
Promise that someday you'll do something about procrastination.
Don't waste your time worrying about apathy.
If you think you're going to fail, what confidence can anyone else have in you?
Immorality breeds immortality.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow what a great post!
Whish i had some wisdom to add to this colection.....
ok here are a few things from the old brain pan-
-We learn a lot in life but sometimes things arn't so black and white always re-examine what your assuming.
-Music is awesome man it means so much to so many people it never fails to make me feel (whether that be better. morose, inspired etc.)
-Tolerate others as they tolerate you
-Wyote is quite right try not to go to bed angry or upset it WILL carry over to your next day!
-Life can seem like a joke and man you may as well laugh!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
Tips and Tricks of Life?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy