Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Red Dead Revolver

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Red Dead Revolver
Rockstar succeeds again.

i rented this game about a week ago and have been playing it on and off since. the plot is decent, the music is fabulous and the controls are excellent in my opinion. its fairly easy to whiz through the first time around, and it only takes a couple of days of casual play time if youre at least a decent player, maybe eight hours total game time.

i only had two glitches while playing... which is a bit high i guess, but they were small, once one of the sound effects kept playing repeatidly and more loudly then the rest of the sounds, but it stopped when i reached a movie sequence. another time it completely froze right after i saved it.

after youve been through it once the "Bounty Hunter" mode opens up as well as a harder difficulty. this is really where the game gets good i think. the majority of the bounty hunter missions are really easy, but there are a few i still have yet to pass. as far as the harder difficulties go... it gets pretty out of hand after the second time through... impossible for me, but to hardcore players it may be enjoyable.

oh yea, i almost forgot the multiplayer mode! this is a lot of fun, many many characters and levels to choose from once you have obtained them in the story mode and bounty hunter mode.

9/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good, but not great.

The story is average, your same old western-style revenge plot. Still, you can tell the developers made an effort to turn your basic action video game into a game with a more western feel, that of an old movie. The graphics are so-so, but do the job. The music is great, and most sound effects are well done. However, several glitches open up in single and multiplayer and make the game feel like a very amateurish production.

The multiplayer mode is probably the best part of the game. There are a large variety of characters each with their own special abilities, and few different game modes. You can use bots if there aren't any friend around, but the AI isn't all that great and it's a hell of a lot more fun playing with real people.

7/10

Red Dead Revolver
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy