People come in to your life. People go out of your life. What always stays is you. - captain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Michael Moore

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Michael Moore
ok, this guy has been around forever stirring up controversy where ever he goes it seems. with his new movie Farenheit 9/11 out today, i just wanted to know what everyone thought of him. some people are really offended by this man which confuses me and i was hoping maybe i could get some insight from some of you Moore haters out there. also, why do the people out there who seem to love him to death do so?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i like michael moore, although i am somewhat skeptical as to the legitimacy of some of his material.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
i saw on the news today that a complaint had been filed against Moore because the comercials for Ferenheit 9/11 contained images of Bush. i am not very clear on all the rules and regulations of the election, but what i did find out is that he is not allowed to show images of Bush after July 31... i think its good that it was brought to everyones attention but, why was a complaint filed this early? nothing has been done wrong.... this seems ridiculous to me, and altho it didnt ruin my day, it did irritate me for quite some time.

people need to lighten up.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Moore is the Liberal version of Rush Limbaugh. He's funny, but ultimately, convinces nobody and only increases the prejudices on both sides. To any attempting to be balanced, he has zero credibility, and is just an amusing distraction.

No, just nonesense, the american Jose Bove, funny nonesense though.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
i think Moore's true skill is as an interviewer. he is able to bring peoples guards down completely and then assault them with questions they arent even expecting; then the interviewee ends up responding before they have a chance to stop and think. he is just as cunning as barbara walters and ten times as vicious.

the thing i like about him the most is his twisted sense of humor though.

41yrs • M •
i agree with wyote on this one--michael moore's movies were pretty good, but anybody with the filmmaking/interviewing skills that michael moore has can make a documentary and twist facts to support their opinion. all i'm saying is that nobody should allow themselves to be bought by propaganda, or by anything that has the potential to distort the truth.

"You are reading this."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I want to like this guy. I want to think what he is saying/doing is correct. My problem is that he speaks so "loudly" that he distracts attention from anyone else trying to make the same or a similar statement. But more than that, Moore is asking you to vote AGAINST Bush, not for Kerry. As I've stated in other parts of this site, I've gone through the 'vote against' phase. It doesn't work. Now, if Moore would just make a positive film about a candidate, or a positive film about anything...that is where he could really provide a service.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 37yrs • M •
"Moore is the voice of the opposition. He is necessary. Rush is not."

If we had a democrat president. Rush would be the 'voice of the opposition.

Have you seen bowling for columbine? It is the most misleading set of half-truths and outright lies which managed to pose as a documentary.

Make no mistake, Moore is infotainment, not fact. He discredits a serious cause.

39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with DumbTeen on that he is infotainment, and that he can often just make worse our prejudices. Yet, Fahrenheit 9/11 is the first documentary to be #1 in the box office, or so I've read. If you think about it, it's pretty notable that a documentary is selling out in the theaters. This shows that he may be appealing to a wider audience.

I also think he can twist information in a certain way, to make it fit with the point he's trying to make. Still, he's the biggest left-wing filmmaker out there who's open about his ideas, and I'd say he's better than nothing.

37yrs • M •
Right, so now that you've decided its ok to spout BS if the conservatives are spouting BS, the only question remaining is : is he going to convince anyone who isn't already a liberal?

I think he is too heavy handed for that.

39yrs • F
Well, I was kind of trying to hit that when I talked about his documentary being the most successful. Perhaps he is recruiting new followers?

39yrs • F
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004-07-

People should read this who are skeptic about Fahrenheit 9/11's effects and truth. I finally saw the movie and thought it was done perfectly. At many points tears began to well up in my eyes, and I felt like starting a riot throughout and after.

After this movie, I can say without any kind of remorse that our country would be better off had Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and the rest of their cronies been killed on September 11th.

40yrs • M •
i found a pretty good website that picks apart fahrenheit 9/11 in a fairly descent non-bashing mannor. any dolt should be able to see that this movie is highly opinionated. i still dont understand why people have taken it so seriously. i laughed, i cried, it was just like any other movie to me ^_^

http://fahrenheit_fact.blogspot.com/

the "for" and "against" links on the right side of this page are also pretty good.

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 41yrs • M •
did anybody catch the big debate last night between moore and bill o'reilley? it was very entertaining and informative, and as i suspected would happen, o'reilley pretty much took moore to school. not because i think that o'reilley is right about most of what he says, he is just a damn good debator and moore isn't that good of a speaker--he always seems kind of nervous whenever he's being interviewed on a major talk show. i wish the liberal media had someone as good as o'reilley who could give him a run for his money. i was thinking someone like bill mahr or ron raegan could give it a shot and go on the factor. that would be interesting.

"You are reading this."
Michael Moore
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy