Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. - Hugo Weaving as "V"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dark City/Matrix theory

User Thread
 205yrs • M •
::F34L3SS:: is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dark City/Matrix theory
i have bn searching 4 answers my whole life and am writing this so ppl can express their thoughts and the meaning of life and what is reality? to help us all understand.

"ignorance is bliss"
 205yrs • M •
::F34L3SS:: is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Do you think our world could b like this , blinded from the truth ,an experament???

"ignorance is bliss"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nothing is impossible, everything is a possibility. There is a theory related to this.
everything around us, you me, this universe, for us is just a bunch of electrical pulses interpreted by our brains. If I feel something, it is just a bunch of electrical signals, and the same with our other senses. Now, if a brain could be kept alive, the we could just feed various information into a computer, and connect it to our brain. The computer would then send electrical signals to our brains, and the brain would think that it was a buisnessman sitting in a restaurant and eating delicious food.

What is reality? No one can answer that. These two questions, of 'who am I' and 'what is reality' are the most difficult questions that can be asked.
Try not looking in the mirror for a couple of days, minimum three, and then look deeply at yourself in the mirror, ask yourself who is that person in front of me. Keep staring, be it for 10 minutes, and then you will get a brief glimpse of something close to true reality.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 205yrs • M •
Thats true and ill try the mirror thing . there is truth in your fiction and fiction in your truth as i noe hoo im suposed to b but wot r we here 4 and why this set oh rules?? do all people seek answers as much as we do ??

I try talkling to some of my frends aboput it and they seem to think im on drugs and hav know idea what im talking about, mayb some of us can see further than others ,

(sorry if i sound like an amature im young and this is the first time iv found a desent souce of information.)

"ignorance is bliss"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is a fact that things people don't understand, they reject. I also tried talking about these things with my friends, but they said I was commiting a sin. Don't talk about these things with people who don't understand them. I am lucky that I have found many people on this site who think like I do. Indeed, there is only a minority who truly think deep.

What are we here for? In other words, what is the purpose of life.this question is linked to the question of why God created the universe, which so far appears unanswerable.(Rligious people will say that the purpose of life is Heaven, which is quite possible). It can be said that the purpose of life is a life of purpose. All we can do is hope that there really is a purpose.

What do you mean by rules? Do you mean rules set by society, or natural scientific laws? I am assuming you mean scientific laws.
It is assumed that there were various initial conitions for the universe, in which various laws were set.
There is also another theory which say that there are a infinite number of universes each with their own set of laws.
The laws of our universe are like they are otherwise life as we know it would not have been possible. For example, if there were two space dimensions instead of three, or if there was no gravity, life as we know it could not exist.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
or perhaps Smith is right. "the purpose of life is to end." seems silly to me though. i try not to rule anything out as a possibility, but i think most people believe in something greater than ourselves, perhaps not a god, but simply something beyond our comprehension. i think we live to discover this, whatever it may be.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
dragon slayre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well, from a biological point of view, it would be said that the meaning of life, is to carry on life, reproduce and pass on our genes, this is our biological reasoning for life - to live, and let live.
Our electrical responses are I think not understood, and I'm not too sure whether our brain would co-operate with computers, especially with such software as microsoft produces.
I have thought before, about how things are, and how things will be, what our purpose is, and i think, that rather than thinking of what "our" purpose is, maybe you should just concentrate on what "my" purpose is, as we are all different, and I think If we concentrate on what is most important to us, we will find meaning in our life, rather than "the meaning of life", which i must conclude, is to live.
I have thought about religions, and how stupid i think it is to worry about death and what happens when you die, when It would be much better to appreciate life, as we know this is certain! We all have achieved such wonderfull accomplishments to even be here. Who would have thought out of all those sperm and eggs, we were the ones that were made, we made ourselves before any other of those millions could. A true accomplishment.
My meaning of life is simple. Be happy.

"You wouldn't exist without me -myself"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
preach on brotha, couldnt agree with you more.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that uneasy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are so many irrational, unreasonable things people think, believe and do. 99% of the world would probably say they've found the origin and purpose of life and argue vehemently for it, altho most don't even strictly follow the rules their God set down for them (rules set down by a force that they believe created and now maintains them).

Sitting on the sidelines as the minority (agnostics and other Uncertains), I think you either play their game and find some kind of certainty you can grasp onto or you take the risky, unbeaten path and try to find it in a way that isn't written down and is filled with [healthy] doubts (not to say that happiness is necessarily easy to find w/ certainty).

I, myself, am a born again Muslim (still a transcendental virgin).

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really found the begining of the thread to be very interesting ( not that the rest was not...) the idea that our brains our tied into some machine is a provocative thought. Some time ago there was a similar sort of thread, A continuation of that thought could be that we are actually some sort of computer program ourselves and we have no real bodies per say. Also another bizarre thought was that perhaps we are some aliens who have peiced together what we thought the ruins of earth to be like and this is some strange way of experiencing it through a simulated program - giving us a lifetime experience in a few hours.

I also agree on the the idea of not fearing death- it is much better to enjoy the living than fear the dying.

As far a s religion goes I am starting a new one it is the Church of the Reformed Polytheist. It doesn't really give a purpose to life that is up to you wether your brain is hooked to a computer or not.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • M •

35yrs • M •

35yrs • M •

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Finding our own answer I agree is very important.... So many people point to this philosopher or that book whatever- it is great to read but I think it is important to explore these issues for yourself as well. But don't get me wrong I am not judgemental I just find the strange ideas people come up with on there own to be as if not more compelling....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
Dark City/Matrix theory
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy