Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What Is A Fundamentalist

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What Is A Fundamentalist
What is a fundamentalist? Every religion and church has them. And yes, there are even Athiest fundamentalist.

What are the characteristics? Why are they? and are they of any good to society?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Atheist fundamentalist? *cough* not really. Well, the atheists who act like fundamentalists are usually either communist, ultra-nationalist or ideologues. In other words, they follow a godless religion. 'Real' atheists are defined by a lack of conviction, so I have a hard time seeing them having enough conviction to be fundamentalists.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
I don't have a good opinion of a fundamentalist of any following. But I'm sure that once we define these lower than dirt people, somebody can help me understand their purpose so that I might have some respect for them.

quote:
*cough*

Those Atheist fundamentalist get ya all chocked up do they?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
atheists aren't defined by a lack of conviction, but rather by a conviction opposed to the belief in god. as far as a total lack of conviction, agnostic would probably be a better term--those who just don't see any point in believing one way or the other. anyway, i think a fundamentalist is someone who is so adamant and fanatical about their belief that they see it as the only right way, and anyone with any dissimilar belief as wrong--period. in this way, i can see the possibility of atheist fundamentalists--those who attack religion rigorously and without remorse. maybe i'm way off base--this is just what fundamentalism seems to mean to me--complete closed-mindedness and a lack of thinking for one's self.

"You are reading this."
 64yrs • M •
That would be my definition. They wear blinders. You could draw 100 pictures and they would not notice one. You might partly understand what they see but they will not even consider what you see. Nomatter what, they are smart and you are stupid.

But how did they first begin to believe what they think is truth?

What Is A Fundamentalist
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy