Ignore Stupidity, And It Will Destroy Itself...Ignore Wisdom, And It Will Destroy You...Know What To Ignore - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Theory of Predictibility of Evolution - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, I don't accept the Big Bang Theory when I got back from Nam I hooked up with a high school friend. He was going to college & given to making mysterious statement 'what would happen if an unmoveable object was to collide with an irresistable force' . . . I suppose that was his Big Bang theory.
But where did the object & force come into being?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Big Bang is still a mystery. The thing is, that how did the blast take place, *withought a universe in which it could take place in*. One view is that God caused the blast by his infinite powers, while another view is that the universe is eternal, and there have been a infinite number of big bangs, as a result of an infinite number of contractions of the universe.

Multi verses? Highly unlikey.Where does our universe end and a multi verse begin?
Yes, there could other universes apart from ours, but not universes within universes.

Coming back to the topic, it is important that we find out what processes take place inside the brain when various particles interact with each other differently. Because it could be that the routes etc of the atoms inside our brains could also be affected by the big bang.

Lets take out the human element from evolution right now, because we don't seem to be evolving right now.
So, the major things that would have affected evolution are animals etc. Even if on of them 'chose' to mate with someone else, or not to eat something, then evolution would be affected. But animals don't have a 'choice' do they?All they have is instinct.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
And besides, quantum mechanics mixed with chaos theory means that each big bang (even if they were exactly the same) means there will be small random variations which will eventually have big consequences (like, 6 legged men).

Insects have evolved with 6 legs why not humans?
Why bipods, not four legged beings with arms & hands to grasps?
quote:
Multi verses? Highly unlikey.Where does our universe end and a multi verse begin?
Yes, there could other universes apart from ours, but not universes within universes.
why not, you state it as if by some (inherent) obvious reason (logical thought process) which would disprove such an assumption?
quote:
Coming back to the topic, it is important that we find out what processes take place inside the brain when various particles interact with each other differently.
Sorry didn't see the topic but was relating to the use of the Big Bang theory.
quote:
But animals don't have a 'choice' do they? All they have is instinct.
Hmm . . . interesting question?

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No matter how much you bang, you'll never get 6-legged men to survive. Why? The amount of food necessary to maintain the extra body weight carried in 4 extra legs. We are still evolving from smaller beings that couldn't sustain the extra weight of 'big' men and women. Now that is changing and in the last century the average height of men has increased by 4 inches. 4 INCHES! Because we can feed ourselves. Try living on the plains of Africa in competition with lions, hyenas, etc. with an extra 4 legs. Thighs and calfs weigh almost 50% of the entire body. With 6 legs you would effectively double the body weight without increasing performance. We would have died out the minute we hit the ground.
The evolution of man is alive and well, and you can't discount it to make your argument for or against the big bang.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 72yrs • M •
Bit of a misunderstanding, I gave separate quotes to differentiate between subject matter. (note : sorry statement) So I wasn't using the bang theory with the 6 legs but saying insects (6 legs) are prevailent in nature so what not man. The next statement was man (as 6 appendages) as an animal with 4 leg structure & 2 arms? Although adaptive feature of opposed thumb for grasping is indictive of tree dwelling species (along with prehensile tails). Ants are 100 times stronger in proportion to man, yet they don't seem to have much thigh & calf weight?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" Insects have evolved with 6 legs why not humans?
Why bipods, not four legged beings with arms & hands to grasps?"
Well legs go waaaay back. The reason people have 4 limbs is because the first fish to evolve in legged animals, had 4 limbs. Why does did our ancestor have to be a legged fish? Fish have bones, insects have a huge disadvantage on land once they become too big.

But suppose our legged fish had 6 legs (for whatever reason), then we would have 6 legs. There's a lot of contingency (now there's a word...) in evolution.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
oh, so fish like tadpoles develope 2 legs to become man?
the fins of fish would become the arms, not the legs?
As tadpoles develope four appendages, the short front legs and a pair of strong rear legs useful in replaceing the tail in swimming & for movement on land.

35yrs • M •
Can't we say that Lives of animals etc are predetermined? I mean, as they have only instinct, then if a hyna approaches a cat, the cat will run, there will be no second thoughts. If an ant finds food, it will take it, there will be no second thoughts.
In comparison, it can be said that our lives are not pre-determined, as we have choice(supposedly), so we are in a greater position to change the course of evolution.

So, basically things evolve according to their needs?
We evolved from apes, and apes used to walk on four legs,and they certainly seem to be surviving well right now.

We evolved from fish?! Ew, I hate fish!
But why the heck would a couple of dumb fish want to come on land?

51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So why did we evolve brains capable of building technology to fathom the universe, and no other lifeform has our capabilities in that respect? If a life form evolves with only survival survival abilities it needs wether its running from cats or man or ability to fly, then what does that mean in respect of our abilities of the brain like science and the like, does that mean we will eventually live in space or on other planets then?

72yrs • M •
quote:
We evolved from apes,
Common misconception, Darwin's Theory was that humans and apes evolved from the same (pior) species at some point.
All dogs are canines but do all breeds have the evolve from one breed of dog? If by some coincidence single cell organism came to life then could more than type of single cell life form evolve? the multi_cellular life form (animals , mamals,etc) contains a great variety of cellular life in it's formation.Does all life evolve from one or does different forms of life evlove into various species?
quote:
We evolved from fish?! Ew, I hate fish!
Actually I think this is promoted by embryos forming gills in the early stages of pregnacy? No, science deems the birth place of life in the seas (aquatic) which means they had to leave the water & adapt to land.
quote:
does that mean we will eventually live in space or on other planets then?
Ya but what good would that do we would screw up that too.

51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Would be good as it would be survival carried on, as we would escape to another planet, after all it would still only be survival, no more cruel or good than any other.

35yrs • M •
Yes, good question, why did some species of apes evolve in humans, why didn't pigs for example, evolve into something more intelligent(and much more cleaner) instead?

72yrs • M •
quote:
Would be good as it would be survival carried on, as we would escape to another planet,
well as man has domed this planet to destruction by his greed, I can see where the thought that we should plant somes seeds in other worlds where they may learn to survive.
To bad our drive to survive on this planet is as strong then we wouldn't have such a strong need to plant these seeds of destructive beings on other worlds?

35yrs • M •
Well, you can say that smith was right, we are not mammals, as we don't devlop an equilibrium with our enviroment!
As far as I can see it, it's in our nature, so we might as well destroy countless other planets if we can,i mean, i am sure there must be no shortage. But I don't know if we can survive that long. To become an inter planetery civilization, we would need about ten thousand years

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Big bang is nothing more than man finding a way to explain
life,this arrogance is by far no diferent , our set a part from the greek scholors who sought the same answer.

all this cosmology of atoms burting into space ,what arrogance!!! people who put faith in science fail to realize thatt life is not protons and neutrons but the fact that you can as a man hold a womans face in your hands and feel love
and affection and sense it returned to you , the fact!!! that you would kill and die for your family......anaylse that!!!!

and all this crap about big bang, and three legs and two heads , I Live one day at a time and not a minute more.

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
Theory of Predictibility of Evolution - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy