Dying is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well. I do it so it feels like hell. I do it so it feels real. I guess you could say I've a call. - Sylvia Plath
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life
I am going to be a Grandma (X2) in August and just found out that I am also going to be a Aunt in August. Twins as a Grandma, boy Austin Lynn and a girl Phaedra Lynn. Not sure about the new Neice, they had picked out boy names. Atleast, I finally get a Grand-daughter!!

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh my gosh!! Congrats girl!!

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At 32 girl, you need to get busy and hatch a few more on your own. Grandchildren (and greats) are great, but nothing compares to your own babies. Congratulations.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Really?

I think 100 percent opposite.

51yrs • F •
Squat, I wish I could but God intended for me to have the 2 boys I have and that was it. I would have loved to had 3 or 4 more though. Even though I am young to be a grandmother, but I was a young mother.

But atleast I can spoil these grand babies.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Quote: I think 100 percent opposite.

No one is forcing you to use the reproductive process, but I'll bet you use at least part of it.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Congrats on the grandkids. It is nice to hear of someone so young that does not think of being a grandparent at your age as something bad. I commend you. It seems that now days you are suppose to be to old to enjoy grandkids before you get any. Are these two your first? Again Congrats!

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just try and remember that when you spoil your grandchildren rotten, and send them home to their parents, the parents get the short end of the stick....I speak from the short end....
Congrats!

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 51yrs • F •
Cowgirl,

This will be #2, and 3 for me actually. I don't think being a grandparent at my age is bad at all. I will actually get to enjoy these more than most.

Wes,

I don't spoil then and send them home, have the 1st all the time and wouldn't trade anything for it at all.

It is cool being able to spoil them, except for my kids keep saying " did we get all this stuff when we were his age", LOL And I can tell them "yes, you guys did" but since he will be the only one left at home in a few years, he will get the "Mustang" they don't like that to much though.

Have a great day all of you!

58yrs • F •
Sounds wonderful. I am assuming by the way you talk that the first is a boy. I am also guessing that his parents live with you or at least close so that you can have him all the time. That does make it even more special. So are the other two going to be able to live with you or close? I wish all my grandkids were living closer then they were but I can also say that at times it is nice to spoil them and send them home.

Is the Mustang a car or a horse? I have the horse type but not Mustangs, we raise cutting quarter horses and paints. The kids all have thier own and then of course as the babies get bigger then get one from me also.

Well keep us posted.

51yrs • F •
Yes, the first is a boy. He and his daddy live with us. The upcoming will be about the same.

Mustang as in car, sorry guess that was a little misleading.

62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Congratulations! That's great news!

My father always said "If I knew grandchildren would be so much fun, I would have had them first!"

58yrs • F •
Hey lynniepoohs, just logged on and got your response, boy I do spend to much time working and the like. It sounds like you are a very understanding mom to have all the grandkids living with you. It is nice to have all so close.

My kids are all living else where except for the youngest couple and the grandkids do not get spoiled near enough by me. I think that you are one lucky lady.

Hey I think the car type of Mustang is excellent. What color? I am a truck fan, but I think that has a lot to do with what I do all day, with the animals and all.

Keep in touch

Life
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy