What is it really that motivates you? The need to fly or the fear to stop? - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Iraq buildings NOT burning. - Page 3

User Thread
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Patrish, I was going to say something about how little you've learned in the extra 23 years longer you've lived than Danipog but he kicked your butt without any help. Right on!

You keep stating that if anyone had a right to object to the war it should be the soldiers in the field, not the nation sitting back here in the states. First, the members of the military do not have that freedom. But even so, we, as members of this nation, are charged with responding and making our will known. Did you never speak out against something that the government was doing that you disagreed with? Have you ever disagreed with the government? The republicans? They can't even agree among themselves!

Regarding our 'benevolence' regarding us 'helping' the children of Iraq: We have a mechanism in place for feeding, medicating and educating children...it is called Feed the Children. It is not called 'bomb the shit out of a nation, depose its leader, kill its young men, and impose our ideals on it so one can (and here comes the benevolent part) 'help the children'. What an absurd argument. I don't WANT to feed the children of Iraq. Or educate them. I also don't want to live in Iraq or in THEIR society. But that doesn't mean I want to live in a homogenized world. I like it when we celebrate our differences. When we can look at another person and realize that God loves that person for who and what he/she is. God didn't make people with a cookie cutter. We were meant to be different. Meant to suffer different tests in life to prepare us for the biggest test of all - on judgement day. You, my friend, are going to be caught with your over-stuffed fistfull of under-thought ideals down the throat of others that didn't ask for your help or advice. Let's all pray for a universal 'Heimlich' that pops loose this crap and puts it back in the face of the people doing the force-feeding.

One more thought. Are you blaming your limited vision on Fox news? Your argument might hold a little more weight if you were 'liberal' enough to get your information from more than one source. Listening to one man's arguments because it suits your bent doesn't make it right. Fox is not infallable. Sorry.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I suppose you are the official spokesman for Christ...?
I already explained how the system works. Christ came to rid us of Mosaic Law, but not once had he ever changed the rule of the Father.
Let me ask CT, why would you think Jesus would not want good things for all his people in all nations? America has freed this nation, and has done so for the innocent ppl.

No, I don't, patri but something's taught as Christian are matters of interpretation something's taught are Lies, being taught as the Truth. Just as capitalism has been pawned off as democracy so has Christ been made into a Lie. They may deceive others about worldly things, that is one thing but you (they) don't (should not) make a Lie out of Christ! So I get rather adamant about that the Jews did murder Him like HELL will those calling themselves Christian, make a Lie of Him (the Way).
quote:
IF the terrorists are hard cold killers, and they will not turn their hard hearts from the murdering ways,
what makes you think Jesus wants this?
YES, God may have allowed the terrorists to wake up America, and get them into action... who knows the MIND of God?

Spirit
quote:
BUT as long as good is being done, then it is obvious that this has perhaps been the work of God through men. WHY do you think America has the power and technology to do these things? And how non-imperialistic they are...makes for a good army. Let's not forget how they avoided the mass destruction of lives, but only sought after the buildings, and the leaders who were the ones who needed taken out.
YOU honestly cannot see God in this? There are tons of quotes on how God uses nations to give punishment to unjust leaders, nations, and ppl. ..
AND AGAIN I ADD CT, THOSE WHO USE THE SWORD SHALL PERISH BY THE SWORD.... WHO USED THE SWORD FIRST??? AND THUS, HOW SHALL THEY PERISH?
Christ WANTS food, water and medical needs for all people...so open your eyes!
We have delivered them from a tyrant who kills them, and starves them...this is GOOD they are free.

GOD's Will, GOD's Way which the way of Christ? The ppl. had gathered to hear His Teaching, Why do you call me good? Only the Lord God is good.
Is war the Way of His Teaching? Then do not put that Lie upon Christ.
Blessed Be!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but each soldier that signed up for duty, did it because they wanted to be a part of our freedoms, and fight for their own, and everyone elses freedoms.

You don't get it do you. Yes they volunteered and took an oath now they're only option is to fight or be derserters. They took an oath to defend the constitution and now they are being told to secure the oil and put Islam in tow. THIS IS NOT WHAT THEY VOLUNTEERED FOR.

You are wrong, you are just wrong.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The soldiers must obey their superiors and must fight, that is their job. As soldiers, they have no right to disagree.

However, just because the president has the legal right and ability to send them over there, doesn't mean it is the good or right choice.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
If thsi nation is truly a democracy then we, the people have a responsibility to those who serve us (?).
We owe it them, their sacrifice that it is in truth worthy of it!
Not for the material wealth nor to justify some deceitful way.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What did they die for so some capitalist could mke money, so the US can play lil' Tin God? So excuse the HELL out of me if I get angery with ppl who are so caught up in some holier than thou, we are the way attitudes.
Just how were we going to make money from Vietnam? I have several cousins that did not come back alive from Vietnam and I believe it was due to people like John Kerry. Remember the Tet offensive. 70,000 veteran North Vietnese solders pushed into South Vietnam with 30 objectives. 50,000 were killed and no objectives succeeded. The commanding General returned north in shame. But, the American papers showed American and South Vietnese casualties on a daily basis and demonstrations erupted throughout the States. In amazement, the General watched as one of the history's worst defeats, somehow turned into a victory. The demonstrations caused Johnson not to rerun for President and changed the way the war was being fought. North Vietnam was open for capture after the Tet offensive, but we went on a defensive posture. Before you go to far with this, I personally didn't agree with the war. Just like reading history. But, can someone see any similarities with present day.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Just how were we going to make money from Vietnam?
As I had stated this before I guess I need to clarify it a bit. I was an wide youngster of 17 when I went into the service & as foolishness of youth.
I served in Viet Nam War, but what I discovered was far from the ideals of speading democracy by helping another country found its freedom.
What I found ( in general sense)was those living the urban life style were given to supproting capitalism but for the most part the greater rural people had no idea of or at best some vague notion of capitalism or democracy.
Communism was something they could relate to an extend because their lifestyle was more communal.
These were not a people struggling for independence as the ideal of 'spreading democracy' protrait painted the war. If anything they were a colony of France & therefore would have been seeking to throw off French rule?
Why the war, to cut off the food supply to China, forcing them to bow to (US) United Nation sactions, etc.
Where was the money made, by those who supply the war not by those who fight the war. I had a friend in Special Forces, who pointed out that Lady Bird seemed to have quite an interest in certain container corporation.
which was solely used in Nam to ship & store material?
Yes, war can be very profitable for a few but not those giving their health & life fighting it.

74yrs • M •
Lady Bird was a major stock holder of Brown &Root (can you spell Haliburton). It was a medium size construction company in Texas. They got all of the contracts to build all of the bases, roads, and airports in Vietnam. Not mentioning that Houston Control (exact duplicate of cape canavarel sp.), was built by B&R and ordered by Johnson. It soon became the largest construction company in the USA. He went into office poor (about a million net worth) and came out a mega millionaire. The purpose of the war was to prevent the "domino effect" which as it turns out, never happened. Nothing to do with the food supply. War can be very healthful for those that are being mutilated by the existing regime. Ask a Kawaiti if war can be beneficial. For that matter, any country that we have liberated over the past 200 years.

72yrs • M •
quote:
The purpose of the war was to prevent the "domino effect" which as it turns out, never happened.

I kind of remember there being some link between term 'bread basket' {ie rice bowl [South Viet Nam]} and economic sanctions?
Well, it wasn't first hand knowledge, but the tell of a Texan about gift horses received via stock options to the bird. But then he had some interaction with AirAmerica folks [CIA types] from some of his flights into the front (recon).
But why dwell upon the past, what about those HumVees? Do we need to expend all that money to buy amor plate or should we make do with some of those old track vehicles? I mean a prefect excuse to upgrade & modernize more older military vehicles?
Edited (added)
Not that I am disputing the domino effect but rather see it as a ploy. Saw a friend the other day (afteer 5 years) and so I asked him if he remember it eas stated that 1/3 of the world's poputation was China. He said that those figures were projections for some odd year. Do you remember that being stated?
That is a lot of mouths to feed, but most people get paraniod by the size of the army it could put in the field. Do you think that I might have contibuted to the arms (WMD) race?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 74yrs • M •
I think we in America can come up with the technology to prevent roadside bombs from killing people. I think it should be a priority.

72yrs • M •
Ya, but we'll tell the people it is for Lovebugs!
(we wouldn't want to discourage people form vacationing and such things.)

Iraq buildings NOT burning. - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy