Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What if.....

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What if.....
What if you were God?

What would you have done, or do?
And how?

I will ask some questions first..for you to answer.

Ok; you make humans.
Would you just accept that they take everything for granted, or would you ask them in some way to proove themselves?

If you desire for them to proove themselves, what would the test be?

If humans ignored you, or denied your existence, and you still gave them many things, how would you feel?

If people ONLY talked to you, or really and truly acknowledged your existence, when the chips were down, what would you do?

If people asked forgiveness, would you give it?

If people were always talking good about you, and doing things and living life to be pleasing. (In lieu of back rubs, and small tokens, they gave prayer, and kept the laws you gave....would they be MORE pleasing to you?
How much more would you give them, over the ones who ignored you, hated you, or refused to acknowldge you?

YOU are powerful, and yet gently or ferociously act. Would you have a right over your own creations?

Should you let them hurt one another?

Would it make you angry that they are evil, or bad, to you, themselves, and others?

Ok...just some questions to answer, and how would you run the world...?

Free will to choose, or demanding servitude and subservient natures?

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For starters, I would make sure no arbitrary things like plagues, earthquakes, tornadoes, crop diseases, drought and acne make people's lives harsh for no good reason.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't want to even pretend. But we should rule our own life.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would be an overwhelming task for sure....but I think that I would simply make my decisions and reasons known. By that I mean that if I was to allow earthquakes to happen, I would say 'I had to let this quake happen so that the earth can relive some tension' or something. I would tell people that this person died becuase I was in need of a good mechanic, or what not. I wouldn't leave it up to humans to wonder whether I existed and then hold them to beliving I existed at the same time; I would simply tell them WHY.

Of course this is only the opinion I have now at the current %20 average brain capacity usage. If I was God I might think differently.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But, we are ALL Gods in a polytheistic universe. Free will makes each of us a God. If you can, by your own volition, have dominion over another person or thing then you are God. This is not to say that another God might be more powerful and have dominion over you, but it doesn't take away the fact that you are a God. God made us in His image, so why not act the part? Go around creating (well, in our case, build or write or paint - you understand), destroying (plunder, rape, kill - hopefully in that order unless you are into necrofilia), and pontificating. Strive to be better than others (be the best God on your block) and live an exemplary life so others will polish your halo. Image is everything. God exists because there is no other logical explanation for the existance of the universe. The REAL God. Whether He has a hand in our life at this time only He knows. We constantly look for a scape-goat for things that go bad and pat ourselves on the back for the good things. We are like computers, yes or no. That is it, folks. The dominion of our free will. Yes or No. Take your choice. But, if we all choose Yes today, someone will eventually come along and choose No. Or we ourselves may have second thoughts. That is the hell of it. Hell? Another man-made control device.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
If I was God I might think differently.

You got that right - That's why I'm not going there.

quote:
We constantly look for a scape-goat for things that go bad and pat ourselves on the back for the good things.

What happened to blaming the devil for all the bad things?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chilltime55 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we dont blame the devil for bad things because everything bad happens because of another human being or urself everyone always blames god or the devil for the bad things happening to them but it is not god or the devil doing it to them it is other human beings or urself god cant controll if u have a good life or bad life neither can the devil because god gave all humans free will to do as they please so when something bad happens to u or something good happens it is usally because of ur own choices or other peoples choices

"Look now how mortals are blaming the gods for they say that evils come from us but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if i were god, i would be doing the exact same things that s/he is doing right now. my small brain simply isnt capable of understanding the reasons why.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 56yrs • F •
I agree Wyote.
We just have no clue......

He has his reasons. We are of finite mind, and cannot even begin to understand it, even if we could get the information.

Basicaly, God doesn't tell us...because He promised He would NO longer speak to man.

Understand the essence of man, and then understand the essence of God.

The essence of man, or any entity impure and not God...has the tendencies for evil.
Which could be the reason the devil is alive and well..because it is borne in all creatures. AND perhaps only HE knows that since evil is but a part of all creatures, not of divine essence, it would be useless to destroy to the devil, because another and another would crop up...not to mention, man would have already ceased to exist.

So, he waits for the harvest, and takes the good seeds.
Those that believe the WORD...the Bible He has already given us.

The only exceptions are for Him to know.

IF I were God, things would be as they are.

DT, BTW, evil is why we have pain and disease, and natural disasters.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, I can remember tripping over my own feet and breaking my arm and cursing my evil feet for the pain.
What a crock!

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If I were God the only thing Diff I would do is visit earth more often. Instead of being angry that some humans don't believe in me, i'd show them why they should. Although i guess God my have more important things to deal with in the Universe than the human race, on the third rock, from ths Sun, in one on infinite galaxys...

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
[  Edited by Ambition at   ]
 56yrs • F •
Just ask, He will show you in HIS way.

Seek, and ye shall find.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chilltime55 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think i would have to agree with ambition

"Look now how mortals are blaming the gods for they say that evils come from us but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Instead of being angry that some humans don't believe in me, i'd show them why they should.

Someone else has taught you what they have been taught about God. Don't learn about God from other people, learn about God for yourself.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Play God

ill rather be a house maid or a butler or scrub floors with a toothbrush in his kingdom, just to utter ,"speak oh Jeovah Jireh, oh Bright morning star, for thy servant desireth wisdom"

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
What if.....
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy