Psychos will stand at your door and ask to sniff your hair, but your boyfriend will just come right in and do it. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Summer Movies

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
henrythe5th is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Summer Movies
So what do you guys think the top movie of the summer will be? I am definitely psyched to see Harry Potter 3 and Shrek 2, but I have to admit that Spiderman is on the top of my list. How can it not be though? I grew up on the comics and the trailers look awesome. I didn't love the first movie but this one has Doctor Octapus in it who I always thought was the best villian.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how many spider man movies are they planning on making? is it going to be a big series like superman or batman, or what? i mean, if they made 2 they might as well make 3 and 4. and if they kept it cool like the first one instead of going all stupid like the batman movies did, it would be pretty cool--they could put different things from the comic saga into each one, like one about dr. octopus, one about the alien symbiote and venom, one about that whole false parents saga, maybe the whole jackal deal, one with carnage, etc. that would be kind of cool, but i doubt they'll go that far into it. one thing i liked about the whole spiderman saga was how he kind of grew and matured and all that--you could see him go from a dumb kid to a mature, self-sufficient superhero. it would be cool to try and capture that in the movies. i don't know.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it is Doctor Ocktavius i believe... and all i have heard is up to 3 movies planned so far... i really really hope they throw Venom in there somewhere!

i hope Chronicles of Riddick is good and does well but *shrugs*

i am sure that Garfield will do at least decent.

Catwoman looks incredibly stupid.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I saw The Day After Tomorrow last night and I totally thought it sucked.

The special effects were cool. Very cool as a matter of fact. Almost real even...... but as for the story...I think they were more focused on what you actually SEE instead of what you THINK. I don't know. It's like lets make this look REAL...but not focus on the story itself. At all.

Dennis Quaid is to do everything he can to get to his son. But why? They show no real family relationship. At the beginning of the story they should show some type of "bond", between him and his son...then we all root for them to be reunited. By the way, I think his acting was TERRIBLE. When he would come on the screen, i'd be all where is Jake...um I forgot his last name. Jake whatever's acting was GREAT. Totally believeable.

Also there were MANY times throughout the movie where I was all...This would never happen, that would never happen.

I give it 6/10 and that is ONLY because of the special effects and Jake what's his name.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 40yrs • M •
Gyllenhal

43yrs • M •
henrythe5th is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think a Spidey sequel with Carnage and Venom would be good.... though it seems like they will carry this Harry thing through all the films, or at least the next one.

40yrs • M •
oh yea... and I, Robot will be a definate blockbuster this summer, almost forgot about that one it looks awesome!

43yrs • M •
I haven't seen a single trailer for I, Robot yet.... how that is possible, I don't know. When is it coming out?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chilltime55 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
While were on the topic of movies did anyone read or hear what Mel Gibson said director of Passion of the Christ "There are good stories in that book its worth looking into them"

"Look now how mortals are blaming the gods for they say that evils come from us but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FIrst off, I saw The Day After Tomorrow, okay, but at least it had that guy from Donnie Darko in it...Props

I Robot, looks to be really promising, and the new Harry Potter of course I wanna see that. Especially since the Director of Donnie Darko did the new Harry Potter movie, so It looks a bit darker than you'd expect from Harry Potter.

Spiderman, definetly gonna see that, as for the Third movie, they might do a Hobgoblin thing since I belive that Harry is the Hobgoblin...but I dunno, Venom would be cool to see

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah, donnie darko kicked ass.

"You are reading this."
 43yrs • M •
To be honest, I didn't think that this Harry Potter was any darker than the rest. I kind of thought the 2nd one was "scarier" but maybe it was just the plot of the story in the first place. I dug it though, the movie was really good and had a nice mix of drama and humor. Well done.

As far as Spiderman.... I am DEFINITELY excited about that. I saw the trailer this weekend when I saw HP and it made me even more excited. Doc Ock looks badass. I agree about Venom though.... hopefully we will see a cameo at least in the next movie.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, In the first movie when Peter Parker goes into Photo-Journalism at that bunk 'Globe' the head honcho mentions Eddie Brock, which is of course, Venom. So the name was mentiloned, only if they take that initiave.

Awesome about Harry Potter. Gonna see it sometime this week hopefully

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 43yrs • M •
Woah....I totally didn't notice that when I saw Spidey 1. Good observation! I gotta check that out. That would be cool if they explanded on that...

Summer Movies
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy