Great men are those who see that thoughts rule the world. - " Ralph Waldo Emerson"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Right or wrong.... - Page 10

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One cannot be selfish and selfless at the same time. It is like being dead and alive. If you act purely selfishly then how can you do anything selflessly. You claimed to act purely selfishly, so either you lied about that or you lied about taking other people's pain.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
zalitz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the only thing that we view as right is what is somewhat morally but mostly socially acceptable. Certain thoughts and beliefs that have been ingrained in us since birth just as our parents and so forth. There is no right or wrong. To kill is not wrong, or right. It is nature. When we kill cows or dogs or whatever is it wrong? No ofcurse not they're just animals right? Yes and so are we. We live in a life where uncertainty is the precedent. If someone were to kill your best friend is he wrong. Obviously you would say yes but you would indeed be blinded by emotion just as you are now

"Cowards die many times before their death,...but the valiant taste death only but once..."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
If someone were to kill your best friend is he wrong. Obviously you would say yes but you would indeed be blinded by emotion just as you are now

So it is best to just accept all actions equally?

37yrs • M •
zalitz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I was hoping someone would get to that. "In nature their are no rewards or punishments, only consequences." You've heard that before right? Each action has a consequence. Now, I'm not saying everything is equal, some consequences are greater than others but a consequence is a result of equal action.

"Cowards die many times before their death,...but the valiant taste death only but once..."
 37yrs • M •
just asking but what do you mean by "your god"

39yrs • M •
So if another Hitler like person comes up we should simply let him do his thing?

37yrs • M •
Well should we? I would say no. Because that would mean defying everything that we have been taught. Every belief we have was given to us and while we may think one way, others may not

37yrs • M •
also, Nobody likes death, I may not belief it's right or wrong but I wouldn't want any race of people or one person for that matter die. Life is one of the greatest gifts given and shall only be taken by those who are worthy. A neo-hitler would never be worthy.

39yrs • M •
But to say no would mean acting against what may just be the next stage of our humanity. People will fight for right or wrong but who would fight for indifference?

37yrs • M •
Granted yes but as I said, people believe different things, just as I do. I may not find morality in death but I would stand against such a power just as many others would, along with those who support it. Death sall hold no place in my life nor have a reason to.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why is taking someone elses pain selfless?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we should not let him if we dont want to. just beacuse something isnt wrong doesnt mean we have to let it happen, why do we need just cause for action? right and wrong?

and i dont believe in god. he does. if i said "god" that would impress my beleiving of him. i dont.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
why is taking someone elses pain selfless?

Because taking someone else's pain requires hurting yourself for their benefit and not your own. It is selfless to give up your health for the good of another.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ethereal, you have claimed that right and wrong are absolutes, then you answer that SOME killings can be just. if this is so, then they are by no means absolute.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
you have claimed that right and wrong are absolutes, then you answer that SOME killings can be just. if this is so, then they are by no means absolute.

Incorrect. Murder is always wrong. Punishment for murder being death is not murder it is just punishment.

Right or wrong.... - Page 10
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy