Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Terrorism

User Thread
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JOEBIALEK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Terrorism
Terrorism is defined as the use of violence, torture, or physical intimidation by a group or organization as a means of forcing others to satisfy its demands. The war on terrorism between the United States and the terrorists is a conflict never experienced before in American history. Some would argue that the guerrilla tactic used by both sides in the Vietnam war is the same kind of tactic employed by the United States and the terrorists. The difference, however, is that the military tactic employed by the terrorists is a corrupt evolution from guerrilla to terror (from non-conventional to non-ethical). However the U.S. is not willing to take the war on terrorism to the appropriate level. In the movie "Untouchables", Jim Malone advises Elliot Ness that "when dealing with the Mafia, if they send one of your's to the hospital, you send one of their's to the morgue" and then asks "what are you prepared to do?" Perhaps a more appropriate question should be what would Machiavelli do?

The U.S. military needs to withdraw all conventional forces immediately from Iraq. The whole premise for going to war with that country was to disarm it of its' weapons of mass destruction (which the U.S. sold them). I supported the war effort because I believed the Bush Administration was telling the truth. Unfortuneatly, it appears the American people were deceived into fighting a war for oil and almost 750 crack U.S. troops have been killed helping to promote greed rather than defend the homeland. Once the military withdraws, it can regroup and reformulate better combat tactics to be used in the war on terrorism.

Accordingly, the U.S. needs to begin training anti-terrorist cells (with Arabic code names that translate into al-gabang, al-gaboom etc). These cells will be sent into countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya for the express purpose of covert operations to find, kill and terrorize all pro-terrorist cells. As for prisoners, they should be drugged with sodium pentathol until they provide information and then be executed. At the end of the day when the terrorist comes home to find his family and house blown to smithereens, he may begin to re-consider the consequences of his actions. Unfortuneatly, innocent family members of these terrorists will have to face the same fate many U.S. citizens did on September 11, 2001. The question that remains before the American people however is what are YOU prepared to do?

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We Americans have been terrorizing (re-read your definition of terrorism) for more than a year. How far are we willing to go? Well, we 'shocked and awed' them. Is that far enough? We removed their elected leader (don't lecture me about fair and open elections, I remember Florida in 2000). My question to you is: How do you tell the dead Iraqi and American and British and Australian (etc, etc) soldiers and their families 'Oops, we screwed the pooch on this one!' and keep a straight face? My answer to that is 'Create a diversion by claiming: 'It was right to do because we were able to .......' (you fill in the blanks with any of Bush's claims since we couldn't find the WMDs.). Terrorism has been an American hallmark since the Boston Tea Party and we haven't let up since. We wrote the book on guerilla warfare in the Revolutionary War and forgot to re-read it in Vietnam and now again in Iraq. We are reaping what we have sown. WE are the terrorists of the world, the others are just copying and doing a better job at it. Look at the rise and fall of major powers throughout history. Do you see any still standing? Get the ink ready to write our final chapter, we've become too lazy to even be good at what we did best.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What you're proposing is bound to scare the people in those countries too. Going into these 'innovative' and brutal tactics won't get us anywhere.
If something must be done (apart from improve security) it is to civilizee the middle east. That means making their populations rich and making them like us (read : no puppet regimes like Musharraf or the Saudis...).
Only then will terrorists lose their legitimacy. Turkey and Iraq (if it stabilizes) are two prime targets for modernisation and Westernisation.
If they manage to go West and go rich, they influence the region better then we can and provide a viable model for other islamic countries.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remember Florida in 2000. Oh boy, what don't you understand about a 7-2 Supreme court ruling that said what the Florida Supreme court did was unconstitutional? This included liberal judges in the majority decision. Am I to understand that you would prefer a breach of the constitution to have Gore declard a winner? Victory no matter what the means? Lie, cheat, steal as long as the end result is okay. Hey, come to think of it, that is the liberal way of thinking.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The U.S. military needs to withdraw all conventional forces immediately from Iraq. The whole premise for going to war with that country was to disarm it of its' weapons of mass destruction (which the U.S. sold them). I supported the war effort because I believed the Bush Administration was telling the truth. Unfortuneatly, it appears the American people were deceived into fighting a war for oil and almost 750 crack U.S. troops have been killed helping to promote greed rather than defend the homeland. Once the military withdraws, it can regroup and reformulate better combat tactics to be used in the war on terrorism.

We shouldn't be there, but we are. We're there because we bombed the hell out of em. We could have left, there were several ways, but we (Bush) wanted full control, now it's such a mess. We can't leave it that way. You make a mess you have to clean it up.

First - Get rid of Bush *the world begins to like us again*
Second - Confess our failure to the world through the UN and ask for help.
or
We keep going the way we are and become one of the poorest nations in the world in ten years. And guess what - the terrorist wins.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First - Get rid of Bush *the world begins to like us again*
Seems the radical Muslims did not like us long before Bush came along. Remember the bombing the world trade center the first time? Lybian airliner that was crashed ? Lebanon barricks? Two embassies in Africa? USS Cole? Getting rid of Bush will only instill in them to resist and fight harder.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Getting rid of Bush will win over public opinion in Spain, France, Germany and possibly Britain. With that, it is politically easier for European leaders to send troops to Iraq, if they get a say in how to run Iraq.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Seems the radical Muslims did not like us long before Bush came along.

You are correct - sadley, now none of the muslims like us.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why do we call them terrorists when they call theirselves revolutionists?

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
Terrorism
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy