Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Having Kids - Page 3

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
spoken from someone who's been burned by love recently?

philosophically we are all moved by love if we know it or not....

psychologically speaking we all NEED a good balance of truth and love.. to be mentally healthy

orange you seem to be filled with hate, perhaps cause you lack balance and truth.. that which we fear the most out of love is also that which we have already encountered in our life.. you say people are scum.. try to regain some truth and you may think differently..

as for kids, what do I know there are so many factors.. so whatever.. maybe fait has something to do with it who knows.. if there even is fait..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 50yrs • M •
orangesun is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thats a spot on theory id say

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a spot?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
rookieguy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hi!. The main reason why most people are poor is because they have kids. It costs over $600,000 to raise 1 kid to the age from 0-25 And if u keep that money in the bank then u would have over 1.6million. Im never gonna have kids and ruin their lives and i dont want other people to have kids either. Dont want others to have kids because they will steal money from me to feed their kids. How u say? . Well they have to pay for their child's education which is a lot of money.
How do u expect them to pay for that?. Well they cant so they have to steal the money from someone else who does not have anykids. THATS WHY I HATE TAXES SO MUCH!!!.
If it werent for taxes and the government which takes money by force similiar to stealing, then the middle class idiots who are having kids would become poor and eventually will be begging for money on the streets. MOST PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON WELFARE HAVE KIDS AND THAT IS A FACT. Only people who are white and rich should only have kids. Black people should not have kids. Its not that i dont like black people. Its because no one wants to be ugly. I want every kid to feel special and beautiful. Maybe in the future if people start to use their brains, we can have every child who is white and looks nice.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Well they have to pay for their child's education which is a lot of money.

And in return, you get another dentist/doctor/engineer/
psychologist/restaurant operator/teacher in the world. Where do you think they come from?
I think you're blaming kids for way too many things that they are only a small part of. Such as welfare being wasted. Education costs being high.

And you're blindly assuming they are the ones who take all the welfare.

And you're also an ignorant racist.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Photar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
MOST PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON WELFARE HAVE KIDS AND THAT IS A FACT. Only people who are white and rich should only have kids. Black people should not have kids. Its not that i dont like black people. Its because no one wants to be ugly. I want every kid to feel special and beautiful. Maybe in the future if people start to use their brains, we can have every child who is white and looks nice.

For starters: I know 7 people on welfare. Only 1 of them has kids.

As for the rest of that crap there are heaps of ugly white people out there and as many beautiful black people.
Maybe we should stop all the selfish shallow racist idiots from breeding. You know, butt ugly on the inside. I'm sure the world wouldn't miss them.

"We are, all of us, in the gutter but some of us a looking at stars"
 36yrs • F •
Charmed1_18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm sorry to be a little rude here, but aren't we supposed to be discussing philosophy and theories about life, not people's personal problems? I'm probably more than a little biased because I'm an early childhood education student and I love kids, but still. Whether you want kids or you don't, what difference does it really make? Some people want children, some don't. I agree that people should seriously think it through and decide whether they want children before they have sex. It's not about a population problem though, it's about the KIDS! They're not "problems" or things. They are what they are...Children...PEOPLE! As for the expectation of having children once you're married, I think for the most part, what difference does it make what other people want? It's your business, not theirs. Having a baby out of wedlock goes against the Christian, Catholic, and other religions, which make up a huge amount of the population, but other than that, as long as you're going to take care of the child, what difference does it make whether you're married or not? The main reason for waiting until you're married to have a child is the higher level of commitment that is SUPPOSED to be attached to marriage. Anyhow, I'm willing to hear all replies, good or bad.

"Life exists specifically because it has an end. Death is what forces people to live."
 36yrs • F •
Charmed1_18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
MOST PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON WELFARE HAVE KIDS AND THAT IS A FACT. Only people who are white and rich should only have kids. Black people should not have kids. Its not that i dont like black people. Its because no one wants to be ugly. I want every kid to feel special and beautiful. Maybe in the future if people start to use their brains, we can have every child who is white and looks nice.

Somehow I missed this little tidbit the first time I read through the forums. We're all sitting here debating life philosophies, half the topics related to some sort of injustice, and you're seriously making a racist comment like that? I hope that no black people read that disgusting comment. How can you say that only white people should be having children? Not only that, that all black people are ugly? Seriously, what is wrong with you? You sound like you just stepped out of some old movie. That kind of thinking dates back to Rosa Parks, Malcome X, Martin Luther King, and many more before them. By the way, did you ever think that people on welfare might be on welfare because they need help taking care of their children, rather than deciding to have children because they know that the government will support them? People's ignorance never fails to amaze me.

"Life exists specifically because it has an end. Death is what forces people to live."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Behind every stereo type comes truth. Take for instance the stingy Jew. Sure there are stingy Jews out there but not all Jews can be said to be stingy. Therefore you're not speaking for 100% of the population and thus shouldn't say it. Then you have to say well look at say their culture, income etc and you can see why a majority of a certain race can be perceived a certain way. Their simply taught to live a certain way as business men and practicality or whatever. Similar circumstances create similar results is probably the best way to put it.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya'll know that at one time people actually thought life was directly related to having and raising their children. Obviously modern man has evolved beyond that menial type of existence?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • F •
Many people still think this way. That life is incomplete if you never marry and have kids. But using that line of logic, life could be incomplete if you're never gone sky-diving or ate shark meat.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But using that line of logic, life could be incomplete if you're never gone sky-diving or ate shark meat.

Not at all. Having kids is the continuity of a family a method of preserving heritage and history. Not that this makes life incomplete but that is the logic behind it. Time was that family was important but now families have become obsolete.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • F •
Having kids in many social groups these days is about image and convention. That shouldn't deter anyone from having children, but everyone should consider why they want to have kids in the first place.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
having kids is an expected part of life, as its a biologically inbuilt mindset, people expect yo uto have children in order for the human race to carry on. many women at some point in their lives become "broody" (that may be a slighly oldfashioned english word for it, but i cant think of a better one) which means that they want kids, there may seem to be no apparent reason, but it is a basic desire to fulfil all of the bodies biological funtions, one of which is to raise the next generation of our society.

this does unfotunately appear to have been lost slightly, with some women, overcoming their basic instinct, and leaving their children to raise themselves. men are not exempt from the responsibility of it, but women seem to have lost more of their ability at it.

to answer cturtle, i dont think we totally have. and i hope we never will, it is a large and necessary part of our lives. it should not be all we do, but surely family and raising children is more important than doing well at work etc. but like i said, some people no longer think so. if we get to a stage where everyone thinks like that, the human race will fail.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • F •
Cynical, what proof do you have that the broodiness of women is related to a desire to have children? It could be a million things.

Having Kids - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy