Believe in he who is three parts in one, believe in Christ, the only son - stealph
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I need absolute Proof - Page 2

User Thread
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I gave you facts earlier and you ignored them : background, radiation, the expansion of the universe for example.

Those are theories, hon. FYI.

You, Dumbteen are a bigot to christians. Correct? And would you also agree that you are small minded, perhaps I should restate that, closed minded in fact.
Science is here, because we are here.
We are here because God put us here.

All your theories are just that, theories. Now, I normally do not stoop to the degrading level of a child.

And if I were as bigotted as you I would say : "I'm happy you're going to die with the sweet illusion of heaven on your mind."
Please stop acting as if I'm ignoring the obvious.

Read what you wrote; They made it for the same reason scientists today offer new explanations
Even you should see the term offer, is just that, an offer. NOT positive proof.
BUT here ya go, since you relish science so~> http://www.truescientist.com/Earth_age.html

However, archeologists, and scientists are still baffled by some of God's handiwork.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Science is here, because we are here.
We are here because God put us here. "
How can you use this as an argument if I don't believe in God??

Your site ignores the many layers of sediment in many areas. It ignores the decay of radioactive particles as a means to measure age.

There is no denying the universe is expanding, background radiation and dinosaur fossils.
Unless you want to deny the brightness of a lightbulb or the roar of a rocket.

No, I think you are denying the obvious facts which make a litteral explanation of the bible impossible. The bible can still be used, but it must be interpreted in a way consistent with what we now know.

I'm finished with this "debate" as you are using God's existence as an argument, fairly pointless if one does not believe it to believe with. Circular logic does not work.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 57yrs • F •
quote:
How can you use this as an argument if I don't believe in God??

Simple, because I do.

quote:
The bible can still be used, but it must be interpreted in a way consistent with what we now know.

It does not have to be according to what we know now. Take for instance the fact it took many years for a chapter to be complete. You read it in minutes, so you take it literal. When things, much like our lifetime, take time.
The language of those years have since changed. Slang changes today at the rate of 4 to 5 years, and you DEMAND to have the bible be according to your terms.
You want the truth of the bible, go to classes on interpretations.

quote:
I'm finished with this "debate" as you are using God's existence as an argument, fairly pointless if one does not believe it to believe with. Circular logic does not work

What you are saying is that christians are to defend their beliefs at all cost, altho there are many who would presume to knock what they offer, but in turn when you are asked the same, you do NOT see I am reacting and acting just as those who reacted and acted when I offer my 'prrof' of God.

It comes to this, for those who do not believe there will never be enough proof, and for those who believe there is no need for proof.

Hey, kid, BTW do not knock christians because you do NOT understand the faith, and mind calling them small minded. Look in the mirror. There are no winners in these debates, but in the end of our lives, that is when you will discover if you won or lost.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'How can you use this as an argument if I don't believe in God??"
"Simple, because I do. "
Well there is nothing to discuss then is there?

How am I supposed to discuss something if you do this?

No I cannot. I feel you are a fanatic, you believe so strongly in your holy book that you abandon all reason if it need be questioned.

You're the first christian I have met on this website to believe in God in such a way.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 57yrs • F •
quote:
No I cannot. I feel you are a fanatic, you believe so strongly in your holy book that you abandon all reason if it need be questioned.

You're the first christian I have met on this website to believe in God in such a way.

Everything in that book, you refer to, gives us much proof for alot of what we wonder about.
As for science, it would not be here if man had no logic, and reasoning skills. Man had to have come from a Supreme Being in order to culminate the skills we have in reasoning and intellect.
No amount of time could create from earth and ground and rock the mental capacity we have.
Therefore, if you continue to disbeleive without realising the very skills you take for granted came from a higher Being, there is not much I can help you.
People take the very understanding of science for granted.
WE as humans could not possibly have the minds we do, no matter how much we EVOLVE. yet you are the one who cannot see that.

IF our dna suddenly imploded the earth, that is beyond illogical.
Time could not even allow for our senses and use of brain power. Evolution is present on the earth, AFTER we had been created.

You can experiment in your own home. Get the oldest rock you can, and see if a human somehow appears.
Not possible. Matter of fact the very FACT we have lineage and ancestors shows we started from somewhere, a solitary parenting.
IF we are to believe science, and we evolved from rocks, dirt, clumps of nothing ness, how is it people can trace their roots?

Why is it that we are still not popping up around the world from nothingness?

Of the two, Creation is more logical.

And BTW, Thanks, I love being fanatic.
Dang, you are sweet. That's the nicest thing you have said thus far to me.

37yrs • M •
Nickel is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is to the dreamer. By your name I can tell exactly what you are, a dreamer. Keep dreaming of God and how he created us. Go and read about evolution before you start talking about how things evolve from rocks instantly <sarcasm emphasized>

"Think about it"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey dreamer you're being closed minded yourself though.. you accept a half truth and base your life on it, the bible which you hold so dear to your heart was written by the hands of men...spiritual inspiration yes, men nonetheless... I don't believe in God...I accept and am a part of the eternal...not the him/her but the everlasting life that surrounds our understanding and even the nothingness beyond.... everything that you touch around you came from nothingness you wouldn't be able to type a word on this screen if it didn't come from the nothingness in your head "thought".... however we were formed by a being who is just like us also! together with the spirit of eterniy the precisness in our physique in our understanding was spawned....there is a living being that created us....and his name is unknown.... to believe in that one being is biased!....because as that one being so is everyone of us....in HIS image...and if we're in his image we should treat each other like such!!!.....the bible has been corrupted..believe it or not...evolution is not completely understood....believe it or not....and you are the same age now as when you were born...believe it or not!.... why argue when both sides are still incomplete in understanding??.......y'all are confused!!!!!!

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im too tired to pray
im lazy i rather watch tv than celebrate life
im stuck in my ways

((he'll use the weak to overcome the strong))

look at your eyes theyre small in size
but they see enormous things

hes all i can see like a thick fog

IF THERE WAS NO WAY INTO GOD,
I WOULD NEVER HAVE LAID IN THIS GRAVE OF A BODY FOR SO LONG

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do not think this has answeredthe nature of absolute reality but read:

This book:

http://www.godpart.com/html/the_premise.html

Simply fsascinating!

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Big Bang theory:

we cannot trace into the past that beyond 10^-43 seconds. This is the limit to science. Happy dreaming

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ill start with dreamers amazingly dumb comment about evolution meaning we come from the same dirt and rocks as every other animal on this planet. if i remember correctly thats what the bible says too, or at least it says that humans were (men directly women indirectly) bit of a slip there mate. both you and angelfire are being a bit closed minded, you refuse to see each others point of view.

a lot of religious beliefs have been shown to be false by science, are you going to tell me that the world is flat, or that the universe revolves around us? why is creation and evolution the sticking point? is it because it is actually written in the bible? that is still a religious document that was written by humans. genesis is just a theory written by a human about how the world was created. evolution and the big bang, are also theories, but better informed theories.

to get back to the original point, there is no proof of gods existence, or his lack of existence. we will never know, there are just theories, some good, some not worth the energy they take to say or write. and i would classify the arguement that went on in this thread as the latter.

dreamer is right, we will find out who is right at the end of our lives, but he should wipe that moronic smirk off his face. because there is no more certainty that it will be him being proved right, i would say id like to see his face on judgement day, but id like to see his face more when there isnt one.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
I need absolute Proof - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy