"Everything is opinion and point of view. Evil and good all depends on how you look at things. Question is what is opinion?" - Zyphon
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fantasies

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
creeper is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Fantasies
wha do you think of fantasies? I think that fantasies are bad because they set you up for a fall. They make us think and want unreachable goal that we will never have. To me it a crule joke that we play on our selfs

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol if it werent for fantasies some things would never get done. there'd be no actors, no rock stars or best selling novelists--well, at least not very good ones because no one would bother trying.
i dont know, i think for a lot of people having too great of fantasies can bring them down, but often times shooting for a virtually unreachable goal may not get them what they want, but it can get them somewhere better than where they would be otherwise, if they work really hard and have some natural talent.

"You are reading this."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think fantasies can be good or bad. Your right of the fact that they can set you up for a fall. Growing up, my fantasy was to meet prince charming, become a princess and live happily ever after. (I still have hope I say)

My question is what is the difference between a dream and a fantasy. Are they actually the same, or is a fantasy kinda more out of reach?

But wait.... then there is sexual fantasies. Those are obtainable usually, right?

I don't know what i'm talking about.

I am shutting myself up now, hehe.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think fantasies are good. they give people hope sometimes. other times they help people work hard to obtain a higher level. sexual fantasies are good because we tire of the same old thing, a fantasy can renew love between people, it doesnt mean they have to fantasize about other people or come up with something really off the wall. little subtle differences can have a huge affect on peoples sex lives.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 62yrs • M •
billyboy2674 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
totally agree with wind on this one.fantasies create a lot of things.without them humankind as we know it is in major trouble.
In many ways-life is just a fantasy.
I think the original poster of this thread meant illusion instead of fantasy.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Strangler is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I fantasize about sex stuff.

62yrs • M •
billyboy2674 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
don't we all?

57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
wha do you think of fantasies? I think that fantasies are bad because they set you up for a fall. They make us think and want unreachable goal that we will never have. To me it a crule joke that we play on our selfs

Fantasies give us something to reach for. Unobtainable, perhaps, but does attainment always mean happiness?

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you miss the stars, you still hit the clouds =O
Nothing wrong with fantasising if your planning to make it a reality

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fantasies do give us something to reach for, but if a person is inconfident or lacks the willpower to make the fantasy a reality, fantasies feed insecurities.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Fantasies
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy