Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Video Game History & Wishes

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I saw this incredible documentary last night all about the history of Video games- it was quite fascinating. Games have changed a whole lot and they seem to continue too all the time.
It seems though that some of the best games were simplistic and did not rely on graphics to get buy. I strill love my SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) I love some of those 2-D turn based games there so great. I wish that the newer systems had games like that a little more simplistic but with more customization and freedom to explore so that everyones experience would be somewhat different.
I love it when a game takes me to something new to that that thing that opens that door to the sense of wonder- or provoke something from me aside from aggrivation...

I know a lot of you are game fanatics what are your favorites from the past and wishes for new games?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
games have gotten so complicated these days that they are even putting "sub-games" within games. for example, in Shenmue there is an entire arcade within the game which has some of the classics ie- road rash. also Final Fantasy has put in several sub-games - card games, a claw machine, arm wrestling... i think the days of purely "simplistic" games are more or less over. but as games get more and more complicated i think we will see even more sub-games being created. every once in a while a new "simple" game comes out... IQ for example and then there is always the revamping of old favorites - tetris worlds- plus a new Pitfall game is due out here pretty soon....

PS - wouldnt it be weird to have a sub-sub-game? i bet its not too far off...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah the sub game is interesting perhaps the first was in Zelda when you went to the archery contest or guess whats in the chest- Man that game was awesome! What I wish for was you know at the end of the game you wish it was 10 times longer- but sometimes sequeals just miss the mark...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy