I would rather have my ignorance than another man's knowledge, because I have so much more of it. - Mark Twain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GANDALF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
GANDALF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ian MacKellan did a great job as Gandalf and indeed it was enjoyable to watch him in this role in the recent movie LOTR
But I thought also that Christopher lee who played Saromoun would have made a fantastic Gandalf as well In my minds eye he just seemed to embody that a little more, anyone else see that? Or any other ideas who should have been Gandalf? Maybe Patrick Stewart or Sean Connery?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nah Ian Mackellan all the way baby. I think the role was made for him he was great! I dont think Christopher Lee would of been good as Gandalf because he seems to be more of an evil, manipulative character and wouldnt of been able to give Gandalf that easy going, cunning, witty warm hearted character to it like Ian Mackellen did with his little amusing facial expressions and wicked smooth voice. I think Ian has a more homely face than Christopher and would of made Gandalf quite unGandalf looking.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree Ian Mackellan did a great job. It's hard to picture anyone in the roll after seeing one person in but I think Patrick Stewart would have done the character justice. Sean Connery is a good actor but I just can't picture him playing a wizard. What about Bill Paxton? Granted he is much younger than any of the others but it's a wonderful thing what they can do with makeup these days.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
GANDALF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy